I have a female body shape and I want to know how to remove it? It will not delete or detach. Plea

kfc2801

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

KFC,

You have several Avatar options available for you to select from for free. The instructions are as this cute video link:

http://vimeo.com/4167344

The icon on the SL3 viewer is in this Quickstart Guide tutorial and titled Pick a Complete Avatar

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Second-Life-Quickstart/ta-p/1087919?lang=en-US

&

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Controlling-your-avatar-s-appearance/ta-p/700709

• Like 4

Shapes cannot be detached. They can only be replaced or modified, if they are modifiable.

An avatar consists of a shape, a skin, a hair base, and eyes. These 4 things cannot be removed.

You can find another shape to replace the one you have on, or if it is modifiable, you can right click on yourself and choose Edit My Shape.

In the Editing Shape menu there are many options, one of them being whether you are choosing a male or female shape.

• Like 2

I have a female body shape too.  I love it. :smileylol:

If you don't love yours, just replace it.  A shape is like skin, clothes, HUDs, or anything else that you wear.  Buy a new one, find one in your inventory, or make yourself a new one by playing with the Appearance sliders, and then just wear it.  You always have to wear some shape --- I mean, after all, what would you look like without any shape at all?  --- but in SL you get to choose, and to change yours when you get tired of it.  Don't you wish you could do that in RL?

Most things can be taken off or detached, but there are a few things that you MUST wear at all times, because they are an essential part of defining your avatar at the most basic level.  These items can't be removed, only replaced by another item of the same kind.  They are:

• Shape
  • Skin
  • System hair (also often called a baldy, bald base, hair base, or eyebrow shaper)
  • Eyes

To change any of these items, simply find another item of the same type and wear it.

5 minutes ago, katherineAubrey said:

you cant be serious,all you do is select a different one from the libary folder at the bottom of your inventory or you can right click your avatar and select edit shape which will create a new one once you make changes to it

I would hope after 6 years the OP is aware of how to change shapes.  Especially after all the kind help given here

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.