My Planet got rated "Adult"!

Steve Atlanta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I am a Second Life merchant who sells a line of "planets".  One of them featured a dancing girl who was partly nude if you cammed up her robes.  I have  FIXED  this and given her shorts and a shirt.  However  the listing still gets constantly rated  "Adult"  even though I have tried many times to re set it to "Moderate"   How can I get a Linden Labs person to review this correction and let me list it as "Moderate"?

Here is the planets listing....

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Planet-Talos-IV-boxed/3638697

I'm guessing the "...you will summize that he wants to to propogate and bear children to be a slave race!" is the reason.

This is and old problem with the market place. You can't know what things make an adult listing because you might change the wording to sneek an adult listing into the Mature Section...

The ideas the Lab has on how to rate things Adult are pretty much rediculious. But, the community has not been able to change their thinking.

Thnks for that tip,  but  it actually is based on a  PG  TV show,  and  I gont get why they would consider something like that "Adult"  ,  as many PG shows involves  slave races,  I wont name names  but think about it,  theres even major movies  with slaves, they  get a PG rating.  I'll edit my little alien guys speech and try again,  thnx

UPDATE :  Changed the words in the desciption,  and it passes asa Mature,  but it really is NOT adult  esp  since  I added shorts and a shirt on the female bot there.  Thnx  again it on Mature now,  and actually is probabaly PG

Steve Atlanta wrote:

Thnks for that tip,  but  it actually is based on a  PG  TV show,  and  I gont get why they would consider something like that "Adult"  ,  as many PG shows involves  slave races,  I wont name names  but think about it,  theres even major movies  with slaves, they  get a PG rating.  I'll edit my little alien guys speech and try again,  thnx

What is PG on TV and SL are two entirely different things. ;)  As Nalates said, the word "slave" in SL is very common in all different "flavors" - ie. Gorean, D/s, BDSM, etc.  All are considered obviously Mature, some, depending on some formula no one except LL knows, have to be on adult sims.  I can see why that word triggerd a flag and I wonder if anyone ever really reads the MP ad content.  At least you got it to a Mature rating.

the nonsense word 'lolo' was banned for a time by Linden Lab, more restricted than just 'adult' - a completely blacklisted term.

i had the misfortune to find this out as I chose 'lolo' for my SL brand name.

Took me some time to figure out why my sales had ground to a complete halt :catmad:

yes Linden Lab has a very strange logic indeed -- or should i say lack thereof :catindifferent:

Jacki Silverfall wrote:

FIFY  American.

That's because we don't actually have to make sense over here. All we need is a boat load of hypocrisy and skewed standards, a great pitch and some funding to create the next world changing mobile bathroom location application.

It doesn't even have to fully work, it just needs to generate profit.

I do hope you don't include Canadians as Americans though, I don't know what they are. Another species perhaps.

WADE1 Jya wrote:

the nonsense word 'lolo' was
banned
for a time by Linden Lab, more restricted than just 'adult' - a completely blacklisted term.

i had the misfortune to find this out as I chose 'lolo' for my SL brand name.

Took me some time to figure out why my sales had ground to a complete halt :catmad:

yes Linden Lab has a very strange logic indeed -- or should i say lack thereof :catindifferent:

What in the world was wrong with "lolo?"  Only thing that springs to mind is "Lola" or "Lolita" but that is reaaaaaalllly  a stretch.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.