This is just silly now... LOGIN IN PROBLEMS CONTINUE ?

WetSeal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4240 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i posted a  thread almost 2 months ago and only two people even tried to help me.

Then i posted a ticket it was only open for a week or two then the staff like erased it without telling me ! She didn't even try to solve my problem she just deleted it , it wasn't resolved !

I have tried installing/uninstalling programs,disabling programs,Tried different programs,restarted,rebooted,messed with settings,connected to internet directly,tried loging into different sims, and tried alts, i cleared cache and more ! i still can not get through passed waiting for region handshake or requesting region capabilities and then i get the  ''There may be a problem with your connection or with secondlife severs'' thing.

I am now pissed off, i saved up alot of money for secondlife and i can't even log in ?

I know eh! I've had so much login problems with all SL properties (both this website & the viewer) lately.

Can't login, logged out constantly.

I was really starting to wonder if Lindens banned me or they were like messing me up for jokes :catsad:

I see now others having these same problems though.

Guess it is just more of the same steadily degrading performance it keeps getting worse :catfrustrated:

More than likely your network on your end somewhere. Either firewall. Or just bad old setting file stuck in your folder and just needs to be manually deleted,, Or a port is blocked somewhere. What kind of internet connection do you have? SL is not compatable with some satelite connections...  But it sounds a lot like network issues to me,,,

You can always try to manually delete your Sl folder in appdata,

Warning: Modifying any files beyond those mentioned can cause your computer to crash. If you do not feel comfortable with this procedure, please contact support.

Enable Hidden Files & Folders:

1. Open Control Panel
2. Open “Folder Options”
3. Open the “View” tab
4. Check “Show hidden files, folders, and drives”

Press ok and close control panel.

Accessing AppData

1. Open Computer
2. Open C: drive, then
* XP: Documents and Settings
* Vista/7: Users
3. Open AppData
4. Open “Local” – Your address bar will appear as C:\Users\\AppData\Local
5. Delete “SecondLife”
6. Now go back one level to the AppData folder
7. Open “Roaming” – Your address bar will appear as C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming
8. Delete "SecondLife"
9. Restart your computer. This is important. Do not try starting Second Life again until you have rebooted.

Once you have rebooted, Hopefully Second Life should run properly.

Worth a try incase there is just a bad old file in there

in your other thread you stated..

"

Last Result:
Download Speed: 9053 kbps (1131.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 5385 kbps (673.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Sunday, May 13, 2012 9:38:56 PM
And my bandwidth now is set at 500 kbps , could that be the problem ?
Do i change it ?"
are you by any chance using dial up?
what are the specs on your PC?

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

in your other thread you stated..

"
Last Result:

Download Speed:
kbps (1131.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed:
kbps (673.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Sunday, May 13, 2012 9:38:56 PM
And my bandwidth now is set at 500 kbps , could that be the problem ?
Do i change it ?"
are you by any chance using dial up?
what are the specs on your PC?

Those really are odd numbers.  Makes me wonder where the OP is from and how he is connecting.

Those look like some of the wireless or coffee shop numbers I've seen.  Sure not DSL or Cable.

I've connected to SL on a One MB connection.  I could log in but trying to do much more than chat was rough.  Teleports took forever.

I use wireless, it is  my own modem and i have the option to turn off wireless and connect directly through an ethernet cord i have. I also use comcast xfinity if that helps anything, i believe its cable and not dial up because i have no idea what dial up is and what do you mean by ''specs'' ?

the processor, GPU, Ram, memory, stuff like that.

such as:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ (2204.6 MHz)
Memory: 3582 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) compatibility mode. Real version: 6.0 (Build 6002)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce 9800 GT/PCIe/SSE2/3DNOW!

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0012.9573

I use comcast xfinity myself.. i get

17ms Ping

25.33 mb/s DL

5.13 mb/s UL

wait.. is it a laptop or PC? if its a PC why are you wireless? you dont get anywhere near the bandwidth on wireless. have you tried logging in when it is wired?

also another thought.. where it says "start at" change it to <type regoin name> and type in  Falcons keep. that is the sim i work at. it is always up and running.. the sim you may be trying to log in to may be down. that happened to me when the sim owner of my home canceled his account and closed the sim.

WetSeal wrote:

I use wireless, it is  my own modem and i have the option to turn off wireless and connect directly through an ethernet cord i have. I also use comcast xfinity if that helps anything, i believe its cable and not dial up because i have no idea what dial up is and what do you mean by ''specs'' ?

My bad here, I was misreading your numbers.  Xfinity is cable and those are not bad numbers.

• 2 months later...

did you ever get this solved?

we're having the same probløem, it happens on all viewers and we have clean installed and reinstalled several times now and nothing helps. It can't be the internet because we are 2 people in the house on 2 pcs and the other one works fine....

if you amanged to get this solved I'd appreciate if you could share how you did it :)

Greetings, Honey.

Are your graphics card drivers up-to-date?

If they are, you may be suffering from wear and tear. It would be useful (as requested of the OP) if you provide the system specifications for the computer you are having problems with.  SL evolves, computers wear out like anything else. It's hard to say exactly why in this moment you are having such problems.  Please provide more details.

WetSeal wrote:

I actually gave a link to my computer specs in my last post.

I have been sending tickets with staff but after months of us talking they said they couldn't do anything.

I've tried everything and nothing works.

Hi again, WetSeal.

You say you've been talking with LL staff via tickets, and nothing can be done?

What have you tried? And what results have there been?  How long have you been using your current graphics card for?  Did you try any of the less challenging viewers, such as Cool Viewer as was suggested?  Or an earlier version of Phoenix - 1185 runs on some machines where mesh-capable viewers will not.

Is it possible your graphics card, which worked fine before, is just perhaps worn out?

I've used the same graphics card for maybe 2 years i only used secondlife like 4 times. And other than secondlife and the sims 2 im not really big on gamming so i hope it isn't worn out and its just my firewall blocking ports.

The staff and me has been talking for like litteraly months and she said there's nothing more she can do.

I've tried phoneix,firestorm,V2,V3,Cool VL viewer, and two other ones i forgot the names to.

I tried rebooting,restarting, turning off the router robooting, messing around wth firewall, turning firewall off, having both wired and wireless connection, Talked to staff, called my internet service they said nothing was wrong,Restored my computer,clean installed secondlife, logged into different accounts, tried logging into different reigons such as smith,aqua and pooley.

And maybe even more than just that but i heard from others its something to do with my firewall blocking ports so i'll try that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4240 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.