Marketplace problem - item not paid,but customer received it

LisaMarie McWinnie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the order summary,it says "Delivery failed" and "Not paid" and "Not available for redelivery".But,the customer actually got the item(she was chatting with me while buying it).Im lucky she was kind enough to pay me in world.But what if was someone else,and didnt payed me?

I dunno if theres anything to do,but she bought two of the same item by mistake.

Is this going to keep happening with this item?Should I do something?

I have one questions, does the transaction appear in your transaction historie on the second life webside?

I understood it is in the order summary, but not in the transactions on the marketplace, but i am interessted in the data of the SL webside.

"My Market Place store has been a bust for a few months. I dunno what they did to me...but I've dropped out of the search/sale/pay/loop".

The D.D. bugs seem not to be treating everyone equally, but we all seem to notice some amount of changes and erraticism in our item sales individually and/or collectively since D.D. came on line that was not evidenced before to such degrees.

Spica Inventor wrote:

The D.D. bugs seem not to be treating everyone equally, but we all seem to notice some amount of changes and erraticism in our item sales individually and/or collectively since D.D. came on line that was not evidenced before to such degrees.

QFT!

I noticed a similar issue over the past couple of days.  I was selling items and not getting the money at the same time the sales happened.  Interestingly, I took a break from building and walked away from my keyboard for a little while.  When I returned, my sales were there.  It was like a burp in the system or something and it all came at one time, I assume since again, it was there when I returned from being afk.

Did you also relog and look?

I talk with customer yesterday got double charged! I got paid no money. LL got paid twice. It say 'delivery failed' yet customer receive item. This broken amateurish platform puts us into bad situations & notice 'error' always happen in LL's favor? So lame & sketchy. What a joke it has become. Super aggravating waste of everybody's time.

:catmad:

My sales have been affected for over a month now and other people have had problems for far longer than that that have not been resolved yet.

I think it is time to start thinking about plans that no longer include relying on the SLMP or in world search. The tools LL has provided are not good enough for merchants or customers any longer and it has become clear that fixing these issues is either beyond the scope of LL's current resources allocated towards SLMP (Ruby sucks and I have no idea why LL would choose it for SLMP when they have big plans on scaling Second Life) or that management no longer thinks that SLMP is worth the resources to turn it into a reliable e-commerce platform.

The fact that Twitter dropped Ruby for Java and saw Java use a third of the CPU power of Ruby tells me that all the patching and code fixing in the world isn't going to rectifiy the issues with SLMP.  We are at a time when we need an alternative, but LL has so many strong convenience factors with SLMP right now that it would be extremely difficult to move casual users to a new system like the previous XStreetSL one with terminals and magic boxes. At this point a competing Second Life commerce site would be suicide and a waste of time. Something new needs to be created.

Just this morning I see I got eight sales on MP -- yet only got paid for one sale :catsad:

@Flea: LL made a bad choice using Ruby. Its expensive & not efficient for programmers to work with.

I believe they just do things randomly with no planning ahead & have no intention to scale up SL ever.

Things were starting to act like normal this morning for me too, but it seems like the marketplace has already been overloaded and was useless by about 12 SL time today.

I agree, LL does seem extremely disorganized. I think Rodvik is a good guy and he has great plans for getting people into SL and keeping them engaged, but what SL needs right now is for someone to organize the company and get it on the right track. Simply getting new users isn't going to grow the SL economy and user base. If anyone has come in here the last few months to try and explore starting their own Second Life store, there is absolutely no way they would still be doing it. Everyone I know who has a small store has gone from selling a few things a day to not selling things for several days.

If they would port SLMP to PHP and then create their own direct delivery module in C for PHP to use, SLMP would be ridiculously fast.

"Simply getting new users isn't going to grow the SL economy and user base".

Is this the reason why L.L. doesn't want to allow prices to deflate naturally? Thinking that the new users who would otherwise come about because of price deflation wont make up for the diminished price per item sale factor, agent Yatsenko? ;-D

>I think it is time to start thinking about plans that no longer include relying on the SLMP or in world search

Yes.

Such as simply rebuilding Xstreet for example.

There's nothing redundant about this idea as long as the SLM significantly fails to provide what Xstreet provided.

I'd love to see old Xstreet restored, simply brought back to same as it was. It was so cool such a nice site!

Although I assume Lindens have lobotomized all inner workings by now :catsad:

If restored -- other problem is Lindens not capable of running site smooth like Xstreet staff :catsad:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.