Question about Qavimator files I saved

JoshuaGrey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't find the files to upload... I see them in my computer, but it says that they are in a the Qavimator folder in programs files folder and don't see them there when I go there..... Not to mention I can't get there from the upload menue on the second life.

I am really confused about what is going on with my own computer at this point and I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and can help me.

All I do is make an animation, save it, change the file extenchen, and it says that it is in the data folder of the Qavimator folder, in the All Programs folder on the C drive. Anyways talk me down before I jump.

When you save it. Can't you chose SAVE AS instead of just Save, to save the file in the location you wish it to be?

I just now downloaded the program and chose SAVE AS and saved it to an animations folder on my desktop and was able to locate and upload it

EDIT: I do see you are changing the extension in the workflow you had described . Make sure it is .bvh  not caps...... Not having the proper file extension will cause the uploader to not find it

• 9 years later...

I don't have this installed any longer but used it for a long time. There is something in the menu about "use in Second Life" or something similar and THAT is what saves it as a bvh file.    So look for that. Not a "save as" thing -- at least it wasn't for me.  

By default qavimator sticks the files in the "data" folder in the "Program Files" directory entry or wherever you installed it.

Having saved it as an AVM file, you then click on the files menu and choose "export for secondlife" to create a BVH. That also by default joins the AVM file in the program files data directory.

On 5/6/2012 at 2:21 AM, JoshuaGrey said:

I can't find the files to upload... I see them in my computer, but it says that they are in a the Qavimator folder in programs files folder and don't see them there when I go there..... Not to mention I can't get there from the upload menue on the second life.

I am really confused about what is going on with my own computer at this point and I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and can help me.

All I do is make an animation, save it, change the file extenchen, and it says that it is in the data folder of the Qavimator folder, in the All Programs folder on the C drive. Anyways talk me down before I jump.

This happened to me as well. It's a bug with qavimator. I saved the .bvh files to a different folder and then SL viewer could see them again. Very buggy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.