Marketplace And Direct Delivery Update

Marcus Hancroft

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

With over 8,000 views now, it's apparent to me that many merchants (including me) have been checking that thread constantly in the hopes that something...ANYTHING...new has been posted from the commerce team about all the problems with the marketplace.

And yet...since the 11th (as of this writing, 11 days ago), not one peep from them about anything. 

Come on, commerce team!  Tell us what's going on!  When is all this going to be fixed?  When does the commission free days begin?  It will be for an entire month this time right (not just a weekend)?  You can't hide behind your Battery St. walls forever, ya know! 

It has been a month since they dropped DD on you people.

And in that time, how much of an improvement have you seen over the service you were getting from the magic boxes between 1 January and 13 February?

Maybe instead of just dropping the commissions for some period of time, they could also make them an opt-in, with the provision that anything collected will be used to hire someone better to replace whoever it is that, by now, they must know they need to replace.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Heck, with all the BS, they should just drop the commission they get all together. It's like we pay them to stress us out.

Apparently Direct Delivery means to be administered as a suppository.

Fairly direct, but a bit uncomfortable. Not something you'd normally consider paying a commission to a middleman to do.

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

With over 8,000 views now, it's apparent to me that many merchants (including me) have been checking that thread constantly in the hopes that something...ANYTHING...new has been posted from the commerce team about all the problems with the marketplace.

And yet...since the 11th (as of this writing, 11 days ago), not one peep from them about anything. 

Come on, commerce team!  Tell us what's going on!  When is all this going to be fixed?  When does the commission free days begin?  It will be for an entire month this time right (not just a weekend)?  You can't hide behind your Battery St. walls forever, ya know! 

Quoted since its so right on the target!!  its worth saying again!

Kampu Oyen wrote:

It has been a month since they dropped DD on you people.

And in that time, how much of an improvement have you seen over the service you were getting from the magic boxes between 1 January and 13 February?

Maybe instead of just dropping the commissions for some period of time, they could also make them an opt-in, with the provision that anything collected will be used to hire someone better to replace whoever it is that, by now, they must know they need to replace.

Mornin, J. 

Me personally?  I've said this before on several occasions, but I'll say it again here...I've been unaffected by all the problems with cross-linking, orders stuck in "being delivered" status, and Merchant Outbox problems.  So I can only speak to my personal experiences with direct delivery.  I find the merchant outbox efficient.  It always opens and syncs quickly and uploads quickly. 

Once I can log into the website (sometimes difficult because the site is slow or non-responsive) creating the listings is as normal too.  Except for the 5 minute wait for something to show up in the "Edit Associated" window, which I find silly but have worked out a system of updating so I only have to wait that 5 minutes one time. 

I have had no failed deliveries.

So I don't see any increase or decrease in service from the magic boxes.  And I think that's as it should be. 

However...I have to watch my store and my listings like a hawk now.  Once I can get the marketplace up, I go through all 400 of my listings to make sure I don't have any cross-linked problems, etc. 

I have had to teach customers about what and where their Received Items folder is and that their purchase is now in it instead of their objects folder like before. 

I really like the option to deliver folders instead of boxes and have been working to move all my listings to foldered.  This way, customers can use the "view contents" option.  This wasn't possible with the magic boxes. 

BUT, I read these forums every day and read about all the massive problems others are having and it looks to me like world war 3!  I want to fix it.  I want the commerce team to fix it.  I want everybody else to have the same experience with direct delivery that *I* have. That's why I've called out the commerce team on not communicating with us.  12 days with no new information is unforgivable.  They have GOT to keep in contact with us. 

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Heck, with all the BS, they should just drop the commission they get all together. It's like we pay them to stress us out.

Fairly direct, but a bit uncomfortable. Not something you'd normally consider paying a commission to a middleman to do.

LOL!  Thanks for the laugh first thing in the mornin, Dart. 

Talia Davidov wrote:

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Quoted since its so right on the target!!  its worth saying again!

Well thank you, Talia!  :)

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Oh sure, laugh now. Who knew these things would so long to disolve? That's the real bug.

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Oh sure, laugh now.
Who knew these things would so long to disolve?
That's the real bug.

And THAT'S the truth!  I just wonder how much longer till everybody doesn't feel the dam%$d things stuck back there. 

>Apparently Direct Delivery means to be administered as a suppository.

That's not a suppository as such.

Now that they've taken your temperature, they're going to take your barometric pressure.... and then...

Be patient, though; they've promised they're almost done.

"What does this next object feel like to you?"

I hope I be right here. I have a "bit" problem with the English translate cause my Language is german. I read all the time about the Info that the Boxes ingame goes away and that we Merchant must load till the 18. day of April the low price with the new way from MP - direct Delivery.

Ok, I try to do it 2 Weeks now and nothing happend. I become all the Time one Info that "Initialzation with the Marketplace failed"

I wait day for day and try it again . .nothing. I should go over a Link that comes but there is Errort to open it. I have now the completly Info in German - nice - but nothing works.

How should I do the Rest till 16. day of May if all should be finished, when I have problems with the first 2 Items?

How is it by you all? I be very happy for a bit helping Hand here.

Thank you for understanding

Caren Jewell

Caren Jewell wrote:

I hope I be right here. I have a "bit" problem with the English translate cause my Language is german. I read all the time about the Info that the Boxes ingame goes away and that we Merchant must load till the 18. day of April the low price with the new way from MP - direct Delivery.

Ok, I try to do it 2 Weeks now and nothing happend. I become all the Time one Info that "Initialzation with the Marketplace failed"

I wait day for day and try it again . .nothing. I should go over a Link that comes but there is Errort to open it. I have now the completly Info in German - nice - but nothing works.

How should I do the Rest till 16. day of May if all should be finished, when I have problems with the first 2 Items?

How is it by you all? I be very happy for a bit helping Hand here.

Thank you for understanding

Caren Jewell

Hi Caren. :)  Since I have not migrated to DD, someone else will likely be along to answer your main questions.  However, unless they've changed it again, LL made the new date to have to use DD instead of Magic Boxes June 1.

Hello, Caren!

OK...let's get you up and running...

First things first...which viewer do you use to open the Merchant Outbox?  There are only certain ones that will work.  I suggest Firestorm 4.0.1.  You can download it HERE.  Once you install the viewer (if you aren't already using it), go to your Marketplace page on the website and log out completely.  Then, log back in to your Merchant Home on the marketplace site.

Start the Firestorm viewer and log into Second Life. 

Wait until your inventory fully loads. 

Make sure you aren't on a crowded sim or a sim that has a lot of lag.

Now go up to "Avatar" then "Merchant Outbox."

You should see the spinner icon spinning.  HOPEFULLY, it will connect that time.  But you will need to log out and back into your merchant home before you try this.

Let me know how this goes and we will continue to the next step.

Just tried it did exactly as you said and seems to be working np at all. Test delivery worked fine now just need to see how it goes when an actual purchase is made.

But for now this will be so much easyer :matte-motes-big-grin-evil:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.