Friday the 13th

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My birthday is on the 13th.

A long long time ago, when I was at grammar school (in the UK we call them grammar schools), I was in the 'A' form - 1a, 2a, 3a, 4a (that's the 1st to the 4th year). Half way though the 4th year, when my birthday had been on Friday the 13th, I was put down to 4b.

That's the only time when my birthday falling on Friday 13th saw something particularly negative in the year. Not very exciting, I know, but it's the best I've got.

Clarissa Lowell wrote:

Today is Friday the 13th.

Are you superstitious? What do you plan to do differently today? What do you plan or hope to avoid?

Is there anything special going on in world today that you plan to attend?

Has anything good or bad happened to you in the past on a Friday the 13th?

2day is my aunts birthday & its special cuz April 13th was on a Friday when she was born, too

& yesterday my new ltl cousin was born! she missed being born on Friday the 13th by 1 day

id say that when Friday the 13th comes in April .. its lucky !!

Jeanne

JeanneAnne wrote:

id say that when Friday the 13th comes in April .. its lucky !!

Certainly luckier than the 1st, if you live somewhere that calls that April Fool's Day.  I've always been glad I missed that one.  Commiserations to anyone that has to suffer every year.

ETA: Thank you for the birthday greetings :-)

I'm not superstitius and I never seem to realize it's a Friday the 13th until it's over or is half way through (like just now, seeing this thread), so I'm not doing anything differently because of the date.   

I'm having a pretty good day, and am going to go buy a new phone in a few minutes which is always fun!  Hmm... maybe I should wait on that until tomorrow..... oh that's right, I'm not superstitious.  :) 

Happy Birthday Peter!

Phil Deakins wrote:

My birthday is on the 13th.

A long long time ago, when I was at grammar school (in the UK we call them grammar schools), I was in the 'A' form - 1a, 2a, 3a, 4a (that's the 1st to the 4th year). Half way though the 4th year, when my birthday had been on Friday the 13th, I was put down to 4b.

That's the only time when my birthday falling on Friday 13th saw something particularly negative in the year. Not very exciting, I know, but it's the best I've got.

mine was on the 4th hehehehe

as far as it being friday the 13th today..so far it's been a fortunate one..they canceled overtime for the weekend ..so no work tonight =)

Now that it is the 14th, I will reply.  I woke on the 13th to find that my ISP and cable had gone kaput.  Phone calls were made and everything was repaired sometime in the early afternoon just in time for me to DJ my gig.

I am not superstitious at all.  Yesterday's snafu will not change my view or approach to things. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.