What happened in History on this date

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

I can play Fur Elise on the piano from memory!  Was the very first song i memorized!  Woot!

...turns green with envy. If it had a drum part, I might be able to bang it out on my bodhran. Nothing makes people go away faster than my drumming.

LOL Maddy!  Or my singing!  Sigh!

Peace!

Good morning all!  It April the 28th!  Here is todays History!

Peace!

4-28-2001    Nikkei "Blinkman" Katanawa, inventor of the VCR, dies at 12:00AM.

4-28-2010    Conspiracy theorists "prove" the existence of vampires by showing they are never mentioned in the folklore of Arctic peoples.

4-28-2012    Philip Rosedale is spotted in a video of San Francisco's Castro district annual Walk for the Arts, finally confirming that Second Life's infamous "duckwalk" is indeed mo-cap.

Today in 1817

Rush-Bagot Agreement

The spirit of the agreement ultimately led to the longest demilitarized and unfortified border between nations in the entire world. It suggests that reasonable people can live next to each other in peace for a very long time.

PudgyPaddy wrote:

Today in 1817

Rush-Bagot Agreement

The spirit of the agreement ultimately led to the longest demilitarized and unfortified border between nations in the entire world. It suggests that reasonable people can live next to each other in peace for a very long time.

Far out Pudgy!  Thanks for sharing!

Peace!

Good morning everyone!  Here is todays history for April the 29th!

Peace!

4-29-1996    The last of Sinclair Oil's large fiberglass dinosaurs is destroyed en-route to an Oxnard California amusement park when the flatbed trailer on which it was fastened is struck broadside by a little old lady from Pasadena driving a 1983 Ford Meteor.

4-29-2012    Three Georgetown University students are taken to a Cairo hospital after sharing a plate of jalepeno poppers and a molotov cocktail.

4-29-2012    Two Georgetown University students are applauded by Egyptian police after apparently attempting to christen their newest armored personnel carrier "Cleopatra's Revenge" with a bottle of Trader Joe's Pear Champagne.

Good morning everyone!  It April the 30th!  Here is today in History!

Peace!

Hippie Bowman wrote:

I can play Fur Elise on the piano from memory!  Was the very first song i memorized!  Woot!

...turns green with envy. If it had a drum part, I might be able to bang it out on my bodhran. Nothing makes people go away faster than my drumming.

LOL

4-30-1932    Dance queen Kathryn "Crazy Legs" Wilson, originator of the "Charleston",  retires from Vaudeville just as the Lindy Hop gains popularity. When asked where she first conceived of the dance, Wilson replied "While waiting in line for the loo."

4-30-2013    Linden Labs announces "Linden Circus", a virtual carnival which disillusioned residents can run away to join. Specially created "Carnie" avatars come complete with five o'clock shadows (male and female) missing teeth, nicotine stained fingertips and shabby clothing. On it's first day of operation, Linden Circus enlists more than half of Second Life's population.

4-30-2032    String Theorists are temporarily vindicated when experimental physicists at CERN's recently completed Ginormous Hadron Collider smash together two proton streams at 42TEV, producing the recently theorized Edsel particle. The particle, which had been hyped as the be-all and end-all of particles, is immediately criticized by the still mostly male physics community as looking too much like a certain female naughty bit.

4-30-2041    The "Loo Theory" of dance is proposed by cultural anthropologists after adoption of updated public space building codes, which require extra restroom capacity for females, correlates strongly with a reduction in the number of new dance moves invented by women.

4-30-2059    Musicologist Louise "Crazy Legs" Pelou discovers the original transcript of "Skip to My Loo". Subsequent misspellings of the title and lyrics obscured the true meaning of the song for more than 200 years.

4-30-2060    Widespread recognition of "Loo Theory" is celebrated in Google's graphic of the day.

4-30-1932
    Dance queen Kathryn "Crazy Legs" Wilson, originator of the "Charleston",  retires from Vaudeville just as the Lindy Hop gains popularity. When asked where she first conceived of the dance, Wilson replied "While waiting in line for the loo."

4-30-2013
   Linden Labs announces "Linden Circus", a virtual carnival which disillusioned residents can run away to join. Specially created "Carnie" avatars come complete with five o'clock shadows (male and female) missing teeth, nicotine stained fingertips and shabby clothing. On it's first day of operation, Linden Circus enlists more than half of Second Life's population.

4-30-2032    
String Theorists are temporarily vindicated when experimental physicists at CERN's recently completed Ginormous Hadron Collider smash together two proton streams at 42TEV, producing the recently theorized Edsel particle. The particle, which had been hyped as the be-all and end-all of particles, is immediately criticized by the still mostly male physics community as looking too much like a certain naughty female bit.

4-30-2041
    The "Loo Theory" of dance is proposed by cultural anthropologists after adoption of updated public space building codes, which require extra restroom capacity for women, correlates strongly with a reduction in the number of new dance moves invented by women.

4-30-2059    
Musicologist Louise "Crazy Legs" Pelou discovers the original transcript of "Skip to My Loo". Subsequent misspellings of the title and lyrics obscured the true meaning of the song for more than 200 years.

4-30-2060
    Widespread recognition of "Loo Theory" is celebrated in Google's graphic of the day.

Oh that is so funny!  I will remember this next time I skip to the loo!

Peace!

Good morning all!  Its May the 1st!  Here is todays history.

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.