No payment when customers buy multiple items across stores

Ilyra Chardin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No payment when customers buy multiple items across stores

MP works great if the buyer ONLY shops in your store.  As soon as they order an item from another store - whether magic box or direct delivery - you don't get paid.

In the comments section to the right of the last report I had to submit - it said there is a JIRA now.  Anyone know how to find out what the JIRA is?   Cause it's happened again and...um... *balls her tiny fists and shouts,* "I have MP Rage!"  lol

Seriously, LL,.this how you plan to finance your DD fiasco?

llyra - that was happening to a few of us back in January - and we were told by other customers that it was our fault.

I'm not sure what happened to those Jiras - got banned during that time frame, and gave up.

Did try to collect payment for just one order, before submitting an entire month's worth of orders, and it was fail.

here's the Jira for that:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4441

they closed a rather important Jira today, and shuffled everyone into The Basement above. 

Don't worry about whether it is Direct Delivery or Magic Box at this point. LL combined everything into the JIRA-4441 that Mickey referenced.

Post your order numbers and status and comments there.

We are all hoping that CTL pushes them through and pays the Merchants. They did it last week, so maybe they are just waiting for another group of them to do in "bulk" (one can only hope).

Support is directing all tickets to the JIRAs and saying they are not handling this through Support any longer. In the past, when I opened a Support ticket, my orders were pushed through and completed. However, last week they changed the procedure.  I had two tickets last week and both were answered the same way -> go to the JIRA and post the order numbers there.

That was the answer that I received to my ticket:

The Dev Team is working hard to resolve the issue.

They are pushing through the orders that are stuck in the Being Delivered state every couple of days to keep them cleared out and the merchants credited while they work to fix the problem.

So, now it's a wait and see.

I've been seeing this off and on for the past week now. I'm not using the new system. I have one sale currently that shows as queued. The items have been sent but I've not received payment for them as yet. So what do I do...just wait? The sale took place within the past 12 hours.

Oddly enough, a couple of weeks ago I had the reverse happen to me as a buyer. I paid for the item and never received it. Yet it showed as not delivered and not paid for. That entire batch of items showed as not delivered yet they all were except for that *one* item. I must state that the mechant was awesome in the way she handled this situation. 

• Moderators

Greetings!

If any product on an order causes the order to stick in the Being Delivered state, the entire order will be held up.

Queued Orders have not been processed.  The buyer has not been charged, and the products have not been Delivered.

If the buyer would like the order processed, they must submit a Support Case and provide the Order Number and ask to have the order processed.

Altheria Bakerly wrote:

If the items haven't been delivered why are they missing? These are fairy eggs in that particluar order I mentioned. Two of them and when I click on the listings they both show as not available. In the listing edit it shows as 0 quantity. Yep, I'm confused.

Because this is a shopping cart system, things in carts that have not fully checked out are still in the cart and assigned to that order. I know it can be an inventory nightmare but that is the way it works until "abandoned carts" routines are run as part of a maintanence that empties them and prolly re-indexes the data. [just guessing because that is how I once ran an e-commerce site.]

Argus Collingwood wrote:

Altheria Bakerly wrote:

If the items haven't been delivered why are they missing? These are fairy eggs in that particluar order I mentioned. Two of them and when I click on the listings they both show as not available. In the listing edit it shows as 0 quantity. Yep, I'm confused.

Because this is a shopping cart system, things in carts that have not fully checked out are still in the cart and assigned to that order. I know it can be an inventory nightmare but that is the way it works until "abandoned carts" routines are run as part of a maintanence that empties them and prolly re-indexes the data. [just guessing because that is how I once ran an e-commerce stite.]

The really annoying part of this "issue" is that the standard distribution of Spree (the base system they built the Marketplace on top of) comes with a standard Stale Carts sweeper enabled. They had to go disable it (or it might be a system config option but...).

I still fail to see WHY they would turn it off .. and leave it off. Like others on here, I've had purchases show up with dates several months old. It makes sense in some small way to leave items for a day or two but really ... months? It totally administers the coup de grace to anyone that would like to run limited time specials or promotions of any sort where the price is reduced for a short period of time.

Deadlines create motivation to purchase now. It's a very old and well used marketing technique. (Just ask Vince with his "... cuz you know we can't do this all day" spiel.) It's another example of a tool that a merchant might find useful or beneficial being systematically removed or never supplied.

As crazy as some of his theories sound sometimes, there are other times when Josh makes a lot of sense. If I could come up with a sensible reason why choices like this are made ... it sure would ease my mind.

>If the buyer would like the order processed, they must submit a Support Case and provide the Order Number and ask to have the order processed.

I'm confused.

What would be unclear about wanting the order processed in terms of the order actually being placed to begin with?

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Argus Collingwood wrote:

Altheria Bakerly wrote:

Because this is a shopping cart system, things in carts that have not fully checked out are still in the cart and assigned to that order. I know it can be an inventory nightmare but that is the way it works until "abandoned carts" routines are run as part of a maintanence that empties them and prolly re-indexes the data. [just guessing because that is how I once ran an e-commerce stite.]

The really annoying part of this "issue" is that the standard distribution of Spree (the base system they built the Marketplace on top of) comes with a standard Stale Carts sweeper enabled. They had to go disable it (or it might be a system config option but...).

I still fail to see WHY they would turn it off .. and leave it off. Like others on here, I've had purchases show up with dates several months old. It makes sense in some small way to leave items for a day or two but really ... months? It totally administers the coup de grace to anyone that would like to run limited time specials or promotions of any sort where the price is reduced for a short period of time.

Deadlines create motivation to purchase now. It's a very old and well used marketing technique. (Just ask Vince with his "... cuz you know we can't do this all day" spiel.) It's another example of a tool that a merchant might find useful or beneficial being systematically removed or never supplied.

As crazy as some of his theories sound sometimes, there are other times when Josh makes a lot of sense. If I could come up with a sensible reason why choices like this are made ... it sure would ease my mind.

/me nods at Darrius ... atm lots of folks trying to activate their items to go DD are not even aware that "one of /no copy" items are not supported by DD. All the Breedable folks will need lots of land to open their "farms" [a nod at Josh] until SLM supports their products.

ETA: From Spree http://guides.spreecommerce.com/inventory.html stock levels will of course change over time, and there is no locking of requested inventory to orders until the very last stage of checkout. If stock checking is enabled and insufficient stock is available at checkout, the shortfall is reported to the user (there is no compulsory back-ordering).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.