Cross-listed product identification thread.

Kenbro Utu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

During this entire "adventure" there has been the occasional participant who has stated that they are fine, and nothing is wrong with their listings.  The counterpoint has been made that perhaps their listings appear fine, but how do they know if their pictures or name are showing up in someone's elses listing.  I have even wondered if any of my items or my name is showing up in someone else's store.  When I traced my bad listings to the store of the creator whose name is wrongly applied, and the name of the incorrect item listed, they had another creators name and product show up on that listing, and following that creator's name and listing landed on a correct listing.  As far as I could see, that final creator had no bad listings, yet one of her listings is showing up in another creator's store.  Perhaps, as LL seems to be dragging their feet, we can begin to help ourselves by listing the names of creators and products that show up in our stores, and see if corrections can be made starting at the source of the listings.  Maybe there is still nothing that can be done, but at the least it would alert others to problems they did not know existed.  I have no illusions about how far it will reach with the number of merchants who actually participate in the forum, but who knows, it could help.  I would certainly be grateful to know if my name and products are appearing in someone else's store.  So I will begin.  

1.  Listing for a Christmas tree with correct picture of the tree.  

DRD - Pink Silky Tail - Ceiling Cat Industries by Yume Kytori.

2.  Listing for a leather necklace with coral beads with correct picture.  

DRD - Pink Pepper Tail - Ceiling Cat Industries by Yume Kytori.

The wrong listings in my store are:

1. Merchant - Snooki Rage   Image - mine    Description (wrong)

Note: upon further checking this person does not have a current MP store nor can she be found in SL People Search

2. Merchant - Colleen Later   Image - mine    Description - Dark Red Eyes  Price - 10L

Note:  When I go to this merchant's MP store and look up "Dark Red Eyes" that is indeed what the image is, BUT the description is "Baggy Camouflage green white with Top" by another merchant, IsabellaSarah Skytower.

When I went to IsabellaSarah's site and looked up the "Baggy Camouflage, etc." it is all correct on her MP site.  This would likely be a case where she has no idea her listing is showing under "Dark Red Eyes" at Colleen's store.

Excellent idea.

Wrong listings in my store:

• Merchant: Narianna Dover Picture: my own Listing: .:Evilkyoot:. Neko Lounger
  • Merchant: Chanel Metaller Picture: my own Listing: short mec bleu
  • Merchant: Eagle Wilder Picture: my own Listing: USC Textures - Black & White Marble
  • Merchant: Eagle Wilder Picture: my own Listing: USC Textures - Animal Tattoos
  • Merchant: Rohlgar Hargrave< Picture: my own Listing: Tachikoma from Ghost In The Shell
  • Merchant: Shadowchylde Revestel Picture: my own Listing: Drew
  • Merchant: Shadowchylde Revestel Picture: my own Listing: Furtive Squeeze
  • Merchant: Shadowchylde Revestel Picture: my own Listing: Cleopatra in Repose
  • Merchant: Shadowchylde Revestel Picture: my own Listing: Goddess Worship
  • Merchant: Anjelina Goldlust Picture: my own Listing: Tatto Geisha&Snake by angelic tatto
  • Merchant: Tami Warwillow Picture: my own Listing: *DF* Fire Skull Red
  • Merchant: DavidJ Bade Picture: my own Listing: SilkRose D&T Design
  • Merchant: techanitkov Klaar Picture: my own Listing: stealth v4 ninja
  • Merchant: Terrie Dreadlow Picture: my own Listing: Victorian Insipred Undergarments - Violet with Black
  • Merchant: snupiz Constantine Picture: my own Listing: Batik Bikini
  • Merchant: Anastasia Handrick Picture: my own Listing: BDSM Antique Throne Podium - BDSM - Sex - Fetish - Kinky (I like to think I saved the best for last.)

For those of you keeping score at home, that's 16 of my 96 listings, or an even 1/6th of my listings.  What's more it's some of my best-selling products that are no longer available because of this error.

I'm not the happiest of campers at the moment.

I have items by the following merchants showing up in my store listing and in my "related items" popup when editing listings:

osterhase Yellowjacket - Turkish Delight sculpted diamond high heels

OD Designs - by Ortho Vargas - 1) Dean Razorback Electric Guitar 21, 2) Dean Razorback Electric Guitar 23

Gray Beam - 1) Gold Band - Emerald, 2) Gold band - Emerald (bling)

Anny Broek - Ozimals Bunny Nest 035: Silver Marten Lilac/LBlue/Up/Cl

Red Dog Gear - by Ruff Zepp  - [RDG] Pittsburgh Steelers Stadium T-Shirt (Unisex)

babett Bailey - Halloween 3 Candle Set Bats Candles three Candles

All have my picture, but the other merchant's item title, price, description, permissions, etc.  I had more, but some of them look to have been removed in recent days.

Clover Windlow wrote:

Wrong listings in my store:

• Merchant: 
    Anastasia Handrick
     Picture: 
    my own
     Listing: 
    BDSM Antique Throne Podium - BDSM - Sex - Fetish - Kinky
    (I like to think I saved the best for last.)

Heh...I didn't post what the "description" says on my MP for Snooki Rage - it's not kinky, it's just very *not* G on my G-rated products...lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Czari Zenovka wrote:

The wrong listings in my store are:

Merchant
- Snooki Rage  
- mine   
Description
(wrong)

Note: upon further checking this person does not have a current MP store nor can she be found in SL People Search

Merchant
- Colleen Later  
- mine   
Description
- Dark Red Eyes 
Price
- 10L

Note:  When I go to this merchant's MP store and look up "Dark Red Eyes" that is indeed what the image is, BUT the description is "Baggy Camouflage green white with Top" by another merchant, IsabellaSarah Skytower.

When I went to IsabellaSarah's site and looked up the "Baggy Camouflage, etc." it is all correct on her MP site.  This would likely be a case where she has no idea her listing is showing under "Dark Red Eyes" at Colleen's store.

The above mixed listings are now gone, to be replaced by the following:

1. Merchant - P4 Designs  Image - P4 ~Mischa~ Salmon Sculpted Pumps

Description - Heart Candle Classic - Scripted (Mine)

2. Merchant - P4 Designs  Image - P4 ~Mischa~ Cranberry Sculpted Pumps

Description - Tiny Hearts Candle - Scripted (Mine)

3. Merchant - P4 Designs  Image - P4 ~Mischa~ Olive Green Sculpted Pumps

Description - Heart Candle Woven Base - Scripted (Mine)

These mixed listings are a bit different than the former ones:

*My product items (Heart Candles) that have the wrong merchant/images are not replaced this time by the wrong listing.  The correct listings for these 3 items are *also* listed in my MP store.

*The 3 mixed listings do not open but default to the MP home page

Note:  I found the designer of the mixed listings images within the MP and, looking through her store, saw quite a few mixed listings that were comprised of her description and info - by clicking on the product the purchase page opened, BUT contained incorrect images.  So not all mixed listings are defaulting to the MP home page and may still be creating customer confusion.

I added my new mixed listings to the jira last summer when they first occurred.  In compliance with one of the CTL posts to let them know of any errors within our listings I submitted a ticket and was told to open a jira.  I let the one already posted stand.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.