Hello from a Southern Newbie :)

Sylverystars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone!  I'm very new to the Second Life world and welcome any new friends, advice, and just general assistance an experienced mentor is willing to bestow.  I've been poking around on my own and looking up a few things on the net... I'm shocked at how vast the SL universe truly is! 

I can't wait to start learning the ropes so I can start to fully enjoy the experience :)

Sylverystars wrote:

Hello everyone!  I'm very new to the Second Life world and welcome any new friends, advice, and just general assistance an experienced mentor is willing to bestow.  I've been poking around on my own and looking up a few things on the net... I'm shocked at how vast the SL universe truly is! 

I can't wait to start learning the ropes so I can start to fully enjoy the experience
:)

Hi Sylverystars!  Welcome to SL and to the SL forums!  Look me up if you wish!  Far out!

Peace!

Sylverystars wrote:

I can't wait to start learning the ropes so I can start to fully enjoy the experience
:)

Lucky you!! Newbies have all the fun.. !!

When you're new ~if youre like me~ everything is so new & wonderful! You can fly !! You can teleport all over .. You can fall hundreds of meters w/out a scratch .. You can breathe underwater .. You can be a dinosaur !! You can have unprotected slex & not hav2 worry about disease or unwanted pregnancy .. You can dance aerobically all evening long to kickazz djs w/out even breaking a sweat .. Your avatar never gets hungry or has2 use the bathroom .. You never hav2 clean your space & it never gets dirty .. Things happen for mysterious reasons .. Strangers befriend you ..

Then .. after youve been around awhile .. its all about lag .. prim count .. making tier .. The majik fades ..

SOOooo .. enjoy noobishness !!  it wont last .. & making a new alt wont make you a newb again ..

Jeanne

Hello from Texas!

If I may make a suggestion. When I came to SL I researched and found two good books about it. One was Second Life for Dummies and Second Life The Official Guide.

Amazon carries these but I did get copies at the local library. They came in handy as reference guides.

Good Luck and Welcome :)

You will look back and find that this is the best time in your Second Life simply because there is so much to learn and discover.

Jacki

Well hey there!  Appears we are in the same boat..lol.  I as well am new to SL and reside in the southeast.  Started playing at the reqeust of a real life friend that moved across country.  Great way to keep in touch!  Anyway, the imagination and vastness of SL amazes me, it can suck you in and before you know it you have spent a couple of hours in front of your computer screen just wandering around.  Have fun!

Hi Sylvery

First think about what you like to do most in real life or maybe things you want to do but have never tried or are afraid to try.

In Second Life you can ski, hang glide, drive a car, swim, boat, fly (with or without a plane), all kinds of sports like that. 

You can go to concerts and clubs. A lot of people start out just by exploring, going to clubs and concerts and shopping.

If you care about your avatar appearance you can find freebies until you are able to buy Linden dollars to spend. There are freebie clubs in world. There are freebie websites that link up to places in Second Life to find the freebie.

You can roleplay if you like to use your imagination to pretend to be someone or something else. Vampires are popular. Some people roleplay being in a 'family' and some people see Second Life itself as a big roleplay.  ;)

So it really depends on you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.