Marketplace Update: April 2011

Brooke Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I saw a dip in March. Things are improving now.

• Get the delivery system going.
  • Get us the review notification emails.
  • Give us by item email notifications. Or at least no notifications on free items.
  • Encourage the viewer people to get the avatar physics out ASAP as that will help more than anything else across the board.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Darrius.....

I see from today's transcripts that Brooke tried to clarify how the same March slump could also be growth and yet with NO ACTUAL FACTS PRESENTED... even when asked by an attendeee.  ROFL

Then Brooke asks "are there any questions?" lol

So basically after today's enlightenment... LL commerce still have ZERO numbers or facts to back up their statement.

We do have stats that show a day or two after the early March changes, sales on SLM plumeted.  I got my stats. There is an entire thread that complained about the significant SLM drop is sales after the change - showing it had nothing to do with a mystery Seasonal Slump.

So.... Spinning numbers out of the air to show that SLM is still growing growing growing... even in a "seasonal slump".... :) gotta love that nothing has changed in the LL Commerce Team.

Ann Otoole wrote:

I saw a dip in March. Things are improving now.

• Get the delivery system going.
  • Get us the review notification emails.
  • Give us by item email notifications. Or at least no notifications on free items.
  • Encourage the viewer people to get the avatar physics out ASAP as that will help more than anything else across the board.

Ann, how are the sculpt/prim tops/bottoms affected with jiggle, is there breakthrough by the jiggling parts? This might be a boon for non-prim clothing items.:smileywink: 

No problem at all. The user decides what jiggles. If wearing prim stuff then don't jiggle. Unlike the TPVs that force jiggle on others without permission.

Creators can include physics settings with products.

This is not an issue with the way LL is doing it right.

As for non prim stuff? Well things will stretch but clever skilled creators will figure out what to do fast.

It is not just about showing a graph tho, because I'm sure that the graphs for the last 2 years are going to show a dip during about the same time. Why? Well, last year, LL released the viewer 2, and then broke search by the 4 of april, and now this year they implement a crazy maturity rating system. This is a perfect example of how there are no real dips, only LL changes. In all my years in SL, almost all the major market moves have been because of something LL did, and had nothing at all to do with RL or any kind of seasonal, imaginary crap.

All that said, I'm encouraged by the renewed efforts and brainstorming the marketplace team is engaged in. Me, tho, I want the technical things, not deals or whatever the Fk. I want things to work right. I want bugs fixed. I want deliveries that don't fail. Then, when all that is fixed, I want people to work on marketing, not before. So, double ditto on what Ann wants with reguards to things we need.

Same goes for inworld too. Unlike Ann, I don't have any need for bouncing boobs, or anything else new. I'd even wait another year on mesh, if that meant key bugs were going to be fixed. And, that is saying alot, if you know me. Why is SL not gaining more people, because everything is broken. The stuff barely works. When you fix everything, then look for something shiny to dangle, before that, I'm not going to be all that impressed.

Thank you Brooke for the transcript. I was encouraged to see that the stale shopping cart issue is recognized and planned to be fixed, that was good news :smileyhappy:

When the details are shared with Merchants for the Direct Delivery project, will they address whether this "DD" Folder will add to our inventory numbers (I expect it will since it isn't a separate part of Inventory like the Library is)? Here's why I ask:

If I have to set aside inventory space for a special DD folder, I will consider it "locked" - meaning, I won't be going in and out of it like a regular folder for fear of changing something that is an active/live sales item.  That means I would carry double the inventory of my finished boxed products. Right now, because my finished items are either in the Magic Box, or rezzed in my inworld store, I don't worry about how I use the "finished" boxed items in my inventory - I'm constantly working with them.  If for some reason, my inventory doesn't load, or something is missing, right now I can pull it out of my Magic Box, or from the wall in my store. 

Given my current inventory count, it does take time to load inventory. So what happens if the DD Folder is "waiting" to be loaded, or even doesn't load entirely? Does it result in a failed delivery? Even worse, what if we get that dreaded "missing from database" message (which has happened to me just this weekend when I went back to some things I bought but hadn't used in some time) - is it possible that something in a DD Folder could become "missing from database"?

Trying to keep inventory levels at reasonable levels for a Merchant is very difficult as it stands given all the working materials, prototypes, etc that we have, in addition to finished work. For the way I work (and this may or may not affect other Merchants depending on their inventory management methods), basically, the DD Folder would add substantially to my current inventory, and due to duplicate naming of items that are in different folders for different purposes, lead to possible confusion and error as I manage my day to day operations. I am also concerned about missing from database issues that could occur...

I hope the Commerce Team will be able to address these concerns.  Thanks!

Medhue Simoni wrote:

It is not just about showing a graph tho, because I'm sure that the graphs for the last 2 years are going to show a dip during about the same time. Why? Well, last year, LL released the viewer 2, and then broke search by the 4 of april, and now this year they implement a crazy maturity rating system. This is a perfect example of how there are no real dips, only LL changes. In all my years in SL, almost all the major market moves have been because of something LL did, and had nothing at all to do with RL or any kind of seasonal, imaginary crap.

All that said, I'm encouraged by the renewed efforts and brainstorming the marketplace team is engaged in. Me, tho, I want the technical things, not deals or whatever the Fk. I want things to work right. I want bugs fixed. I want deliveries that don't fail. Then, when all that is fixed, I want people to work on marketing, not before. So, double ditto on what Ann wants with reguards to things we need.

Same goes for inworld too. Unlike Ann, I don't have any need for bouncing boobs, or anything else new. I'd even wait another year on mesh, if that meant key bugs were going to be fixed. And, that is saying alot, if you know me. Why is SL not gaining more people, because everything is broken. The stuff barely works. When you fix everything, then look for something shiny to dangle, before that, I'm not going to be all that impressed.

yeah you are right... Brooke's SEASON Slump that I doubt was even a slump from the way this happened exactly what you are suggesting - LL Commerce Team induced sharp slumps.  So I guess Brooke could be right (even though she dont put her Stats where you mouth is)... there was a season slump in March - still is - and it was because of the LL March changes to the SLM site.

reading through today's transcript... this is what i saw from LL...

• An SSL bug is source of latest SLM site annoyance from last change and LL Q/A testing somehow missed and will be fixed this week 
  • Also admitted a bug causing delivery delays - fixing that (wasnt our imagination as a couple cheerleaders tried to dimiss as normal)
  • Tried to clarified spring seasonal slump as being very common which was still confusing and was not backed with any numbers or proof... so currently stands an LL made up theoretical excuses for their screw up of the SLM in March.  LETS SEE THE NUMBERS BROOKE.  Argus was right in the transcripts - without numbers - there was nothing more to ask of Brooke... just made up general statement
  • Announced that AIS is now called Direct Delivery.  No discussion or revealling of any details - just that later in the month there will be a blog coming out to provide details.  just that its to get rid of the fragility of magicbox - even though there is no evidence that the magicbox is the problem to delivery.  Questions were asked but Brooke didnt want to answer them other then her guess on 3rd party viewers (good thing the user group meeting is for 2-way inter-action - so that Brooke can skim past any questions)
  • SEARCH... Brookie acknowledged once again (simply re-hashed all the concerns on search from the forums) that she knows Search is a concern to Merchants and... "we are still looking into this....and looking and researching and looking ZZZzzz".  Once again, no promises, no action plan, no commitment to fix.  AKA.. they have no clue what do to about search so keep waving the carrot on the stick to make Merchants think that Search will be fixed Reaaaaal Sooon.  and finished off with "any questions on search?" lol
  • The DASHDEAL promo that will firesale SLM items and LL takes a 50%.  just a blurb that was already known in the forums - its coming - its a test - your too late if you didnt already apply.  No stats as to how many Merchant suckers agreed to participate and to explain LL's response on all the overwhelming Thumbs Down by the general Merchant community.  3 Monkies (hear see speak no evil - pretend LL didnt see that no one in the Merchant community like BashBeal.
  • She updated on a couple changes that not many merchants would think are a priority - like the extra manager and review notifications. nice to haves for most but not critical. no immediate plans.
  • DEALING WITH FREEBIES... threw out a few ideas that LL can dream about implementing to deal with Freebies .... no commitments no plans no real actions deadlines.
  • next topics.... Questions.... Zzzzzzzzzzzz (oops fell asleep by this time in the transcripts)
  • OHHH Woke up.... Brooke listened to the overwhelming Merchants opinions.... inworld group meetings serve no purpose and do not accomplish true 2-way conversations (as we can see in these transcripts) so Brooke is cancelling the meetings.  Yeahhhhh ... no big loss on this.

Meeting over.

Only new fact that came out of the entire 1 hour meeting - that there will be no more meetings! :)

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Thank you Brooke for the transcript. I was encouraged to see that the stale shopping cart issue is recognized and planned to be fixed, that was good news :smileyhappy:

When the details are shared with Merchants for the Direct Delivery project, will they address whether this "DD" Folder will add to our inventory numbers (I expect it will since it isn't a separate part of Inventory like the Library is)? Here's why I ask:

If I have to set aside inventory space for a special DD folder, I will consider it "locked" - meaning, I won't be going in and out of it like a regular folder for fear of changing something that is an active/live sales item.  That means I would carry double the inventory of my finished boxed products. Right now, because my finished items are either in the Magic Box, or rezzed in my inworld store, I don't worry about how I use the "finished" boxed items in my inventory - I'm constantly working with them.  If for some reason, my inventory doesn't load, or something is missing, right now I can pull it out of my Magic Box, or from the wall in my store. 

Given my current inventory count, it does take time to load inventory. So what happens if the DD Folder is "waiting" to be loaded, or even doesn't load entirely? Does it result in a failed delivery? Even worse, what if we get that dreaded "missing from database" message (which has happened to me just this weekend when I went back to some things I bought but hadn't used in some time) - is it possible that something in a DD Folder could become "missing from database"?

Trying to keep inventory levels at reasonable levels for a Merchant is very difficult as it stands given all the working materials, prototypes, etc that we have, in addition to finished work. For the way I work (and this may or may not affect other Merchants depending on their inventory management methods), basically, the DD Folder would add substantially to my current inventory, and due to duplicate naming of items that are in different folders for different purposes, lead to possible confusion and error as I manage my day to day operations. I am also concerned about missing from database issues that could occur...

WOO HOO... great additional questions and concerns to add to my list of reasons why the Direct Delivery better have the flexibility to be taken from an alternatie Avatar, or 2ndary inventory, or even allow the Merchant to tell DD to draw from a new Rezzed  version of the MagicBox if they want to.

No responses so far from Brooke/LL on all the concerns myself and others have told her about when SHE ASKED ME  "why would a merchant want to create an ALT Avatar for the DD"?

I am serously thinking of creating my new TOYSOLDIERTHOR-MERCHANT Resident avatar that will be used for SLM and migrate my SLM store to this DD Avatar.  Then even if DD screws up an inventory - it will be isolated to the inventory that only has SLM selling content - NOTHING ELSE.

thanks for adding these additional concerns about DD and tying into the Merchants actual primary personal inventory.

This should not be overlooked, because it is very important and addresses what most of us agree was the #1 issue -- communication.

Brooke (or someone who talks to her) is reading the forum and taking notes of concerns. She evidently also read the merchant surveys. She has an agenda based on the feedback she has read.

I feel like we have some hope now of forward movement -- and when there is no movement, at least we can know why -- and whether or not it is somewhere in the pipeline.

The level of responsiveness is very encouraging to me.

Just want to reiterate about merchant reporting tools:

I have been uploading more things to the MP. On Xstreet I could input an item name and see how many had been sold within a given time period. That also helped me see if enhancements were increasing sales.

No more. Every time I want to see how many of something has sold, I have to import the data into Excel -- much less convenient.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Hi Toy, yes, your suggestion of a Merchant Alt for the DD program is one that I like. The only thing I don't exactly understand is that my items are all no transfer. So how do I transfer them to an alt account and have them be deliverable to someone else?

You must change the permissions to full perms, transfer to alt who then must set the correct permissions again. [if this is the way that seems best after we understand how they are doing it] This will not be an easy task.

Argus Collingwood wrote:

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Hi Toy, yes, your suggestion of a Merchant Alt for the DD program is one that I like. The only thing I don't exactly understand is that my items are all no transfer. So how do I transfer them to an alt account and have them be deliverable to someone else?

You must change the permissions to full perms, transfer to alt who then must set the correct permissions again. [if this is the way that seems best after we understand how they are doing it] This will not be an easy task.

Yup... What Argus said.  It will be painful - specially if you dont sell full perms (I do).  And the other painful work to do is to create a new slm store with this new SLM MERCHANT Account and copy all the SLM ITEM info details that your main account had in SLM.

And until LL commerce engages the new DD service... you would have to get a magic box in play and have the new account fill it (or you can just slowly get this new SLM Merchant account ready.. and leave it with listing disabled until LL engages the new DD.

Its a big task - specially if you have  alot of item - I dont have that many - but if you start now... and just do a couple a day... when LL is ready with the DD - you will be ready.

I think I will be doing it because i am 99% sure that Brooke and the LL Development Team will not take the suggestion of a Flexible SLM Item Sourcing serious.  LL has historically NEVER changed design ideas that they didnt think of initially - especially ones that are more significant changes.

SOOO... time to protect ourselves from the risks of the up-coming Direct Delivery service.

That's what I thought...no way for me to do that - once I make an outfit, I set the perms, then do all the color variations, then box them up. I'd have to redo every item I have, so that's almost 500 items multiplied by 15 pieces per item - can't do it/won't do it. The time it would take would be ridiculous.

So, as it stands today, I am very worried about this new system for all the reasons that have been highlighted. I remember last fall, one poster commented something to the effect that this was like dipping into my wallet, like a pickpocket. I don't want anyone else dipping into my private inventory and plucking out something with even the smallest chance of some kind of glitch.

I feel like this brings this whole discussion full circle: one of the sources of Magic Box delivery issues is the shopping cart. Just get rid of the shopping cart and keep Magic Boxes. Or fix the way the shopping cart communicates with Magic Boxes.

I do a decent % of my business from the Marketplace...obviously, the details of the DD program need to be seen, but for me, if it concerns me at all, I will be rethinking my presence on the Marketplace. I also keep thinking of Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong".

Arwen Serpente wrote:

That's what I thought...no way for me to do that - once I make an outfit, I set the perms, then do all the color variations, then box them up. I'd have to redo every item I have, so that's almost 500 items multiplied by 15 pieces per item - can't do it/won't do it. The time it would take would be ridiculous.

This is a very valid point Arwen. You are not alone in this either. While some of us have relatively few items on the Marketplace, a good number of us have LOTS of items. Moving everything to a new Alt will be a nightmare of proportions similar to the changes wrought when we just recently moved from Xstreet to Marketplace. I'm not ready for that level of disruption again and I strongly doubt anyone else is either.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

So, as it stands today, I am very worried about this new system for all the reasons that have been highlighted. I remember last fall, one poster commented something to the effect that this was like dipping into my wallet, like a pickpocket. I don't want anyone else dipping into my private inventory and plucking out something with even the smallest chance of some kind of glitch.

I feel like this brings this whole discussion full circle: one of the sources of Magic Box delivery issues is the shopping cart. Just get rid of the shopping cart and keep Magic Boxes. Or fix the way the shopping cart communicates with Magic Boxes.

I do a decent % of my business from the Marketplace...obviously, the details of the DD program need to be seen, but for me, if it concerns me at all, I will be rethinking my presence on the Marketplace. I also keep thinking of Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong".

Ignoring Murphy is the surest way to feel his wrath. This is why the issue has taken on serious attention from me and others. Earlier in the ongoing discussion about this concern, Toy did raise another possible concept .. a "Secondary Inventory" that would be created and used solely for the purposes of delivering products from the Marketplace.

This new Delivery Inventory would be totally separate and insulated from our personal Inventory, and would further be the only location from which items could be delivered. This would make it functionally identical to the Magic Boxes we use today. When we list or edit an Item on the Marketplace, the only items available for delivery would be those items contained within the Delivery Inventory.

Because we retain ownership of both the existing personal Inventory and this new Delivery Inventory, permissions would not need to be changed. Furthermore we can control movement of items between the two at our discretion (rather than leave it to automatic functions from outside) and thus retain a level of control and security.

To make this happen though, I believe the Viewer code will need to be modified to provide the access and management methods required. This raises a problem because most viewers now in use are based on the old 1.x Viewer code. While Viewer 2.x from Linden Lab is reaching a higher level of stability and acceptance, the TPV authors have not yet released their versions based on the Viewer 2.x codebase.

And this is what truly concerns me. The two paths we have now to retain control of our personal Inventory require either massive disruptions (Delivery Alts) or depend on changes to the Viewer that are not present today and will take many more months to show up in TPVs (Delivery Inventory). This means we either suffer another upheaval and massive waste of time, wait for months to attain a level of safety and confidence that is acceptable ... or depend on LL getting it exactly right with not a single mistake or glitch at all.

If the decision is made to implement a secondary Delivery Inventory (which is my preferred choice btw), this pushes release of Direct Delivery out many more months. However the Marketplace Dev Team has already suspended making any other fixes to the site until DD is done. Pushing DD out by months will disrupt THEIR schedule in horrific ways .. and thus results in even less assurance it will happen.

For the record, I am a fan of Direct Delivery. I think it can and will provide a means of delivery that is nearly 100% reliable, without undue confusion and enhances the performance of sales within Second Life greatly. But in light of the dangers and possible outcomes if anything goes wrong .. I'm extremely hesitant to get behind it 100%.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

If the decision is made to implement a secondary Delivery Inventory (which is my preferred choice btw), this pushes release of Direct Delivery out many more months. However the Marketplace Dev Team has already suspended making any other fixes to the site until DD is done. Pushing DD out by months will disrupt THEIR schedule in horrific ways .. and thus results in even less assurance it will happen.

Second Inventory does sound very appealing IF it can work for all viewers.  And the fact it takes time to develop would allow TPV to "catch up".  A change like this one is huge...it's actually bigger than the changeover from Xstreet to the Marketplace which was painful for all...this change IF something goes wrong, could cause much more serious harm to a Merchant than the listing glitches, the reporting holes, the delivery issues, etc.  I'd much rather the right amount of development time be taken than going forward with something that could have start-up problems (and yes, I suppose even the Second Inventory idea would have start up issues too).

Further thinking about the DD system going into my personal inventory: as I was reading the info in Pamela's blog, there was information there saying that inventory levels contribute to lag (I just thought they made it slow for me to get started in the morning like starting work without my cup of coffee). If that's true, what happens to Merchants who are in the process of building, helping customers, or omg, even enjoying themselves in Second Life socializing or in RP? Do they become the kings and queens of lag as their inventories not only grow due to the DD File, but also the constant accessing of it to deliver products?

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Further thinking about the DD system going into my personal inventory: as I was reading the info in Pamela's blog, there was information there saying that inventory levels contribute to lag (I just thought they made it slow for me to get started in the morning like starting work without my cup of coffee). If that's true, what happens to Merchants who are in the process of building, helping customers, or omg, even enjoying themselves in Second Life socializing or in RP? Do they become the kings and queens of lag as their inventories not only grow due to the DD File, but also the constant accessing of it to deliver products? 

Can you link to Pamela's blog entry please? From what I know about how the Inventory and Asset Server system works, the size of the Inventory is only an issue for the Viewer and shouldn't impact Sim load. But, having been massively wrong (perhaps once maybe) in my life, I'd like to get a gander at the source of this concern and see what I can learn.

Thank you.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Can you link to Pamela's blog entry please? From what I know about how the Inventory and Asset Server system works, the size of the Inventory is only an issue for the Viewer and shouldn't impact Sim load. But, having been massively wrong (perhaps once maybe) in my life, I'd like to get a gander at the source of this concern and see what I can learn.

Thank you.

Sure thing! and thank you Pamela for the blog! the blog page I was reading is:

http://lagalleriasl.blogspot.com/p/recovering-lost-inventory.html

The section (scroll down) was:

HOW TO (SORT OF MAYBE) PREVENT INVENTORY LOSS AND OTHER BAD THINGS

and the quotes were:

• Keep inventory counts as manageable as possible (more inventory = more lag), and individual folders <1000 items.

• Keep your inv under 25k and you'll likely never see tp failures.

Thank you Arwen. I just finished reading that page and watching Torley's (very excellent) videos.

I think where the confusion got injected into the issue of Lag is how it can affect your own Viewer vs. how it affects others.

When your own Inventory is large, there is a substantial delay sometimes when it becomes necessary for your viewer to fully load the entire thing into local memory. (Such as Torley mentions .. using Search in the Inventory window to get an approximate count of items in your inventory.) That delay can be seen as "lag" .. but isn't really lag in the conventional sense.

Lag, as it is most commonly defined, is a degradation of performance experienced by anyone on the same Sim or Parcel as you. Typical situations in which you may inadvertantly create Lag are wearing too many scripts or using devices that create a lot of excess render commands (for example, temprez spammers that spit new and complex objects out constantly). The reason these actions cause Lag is because they result in extra data that must be sent to everyone on the Sim or Parcel. That multiplication of data can turn a seemingly simple action to suddenly explode into massive amounts of extra work for the Sim Server. All that extra work slows it down and .. presto .. Lag City.

However there are other things that, although often cited as causing Lag, really do not. ARC (Avatar Rendering Cost) is one common example, and I believe in this case the size of your Inventory is another. I think the reason people often claim that these things cause Lag is because on their viewer, things slow down. But the crucial distinction here is .. that's only true on your viewer and does not affect any others that are on the same Sim or Parcel as you.

In the specific case of Inventory size, that attribute is not shared with anyone else other than you. Whether you have 10,000 items or 200,000 items in your Inventory is a detail that is communicated only with your Viewer and is not shared or even accessible to others. (If it was, it would be a serious breach of the basic privacy of your Inventory .. among other similar problems.) So while it may "seem" that having a large inventory may cause Lag, I think it's more an illusion fomented because .. locally .. on your viewer .. things tend to run slow with a big inventory.

Now .. on the issue of TPing into a new Sim .. and does that cause lag there? Again I seriously doubt that it can. Not only is your Inventory not shared with anyone when you arrive, but your Viewer already knows all about your Inventory, its size and contents, prior to the Teleport. When you land, the contents of your Inventory do not change, so there will be no additional data shuttled back and forth just because you TP'd there.

HOWEVER ... (there's always a but, right?) ... If you TP somewhere that automatically gives you new items upon arrival (such as Greeters that shove Notecards and Landmarks at you), that extra communication needed to tell your Viewer about the changes in your Inventory CAN cause the perception of Lag. Thus when you TP somewhere that immediately gives you a whole raft of new stuff .. it will seem like you are suddenly Lagged. However if you TP somewhere that does not instantly add to your Inventory, you should see no evidence of Lag (other than the normal Lag that occurs due to script loading times and data transfer from your old location to your new location). So, those places that give you lots of stuff upon arrival are not only annoying (to many, but not all of course), but they also tend to make your experience "laggy" and less enjoyable.

Thank you Darrius for the explanation. I pretty much had understood "lag" the way that you do. I guess in the case of the DD system and our personal inventories, even if it does not cause lag for other avatars, if it does slow down the Merchant as they are working, that's almost as bad.  I try to be as efficient as possible with my time inworld, every minute counts when I'm doing something.  If there's any chance at all that this new DD folder/system is going to hamper Merchants in going about their usual work, that's not a good solution to our current Magic Box delivery issues. Basically, solve one problem and create another.

I really hope these issues are addressed in upcoming information from the Commerce Team.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Thank you Darrius for the explanation. I pretty much had understood "lag" the way that you do. I guess in the case of the DD system and our personal inventories, even if it does not cause lag for other avatars, if it does slow down the Merchant as they are working, that's almost as bad.  I try to be as efficient as possible with my time inworld, every minute counts when I'm doing something.  If there's any chance at all that this new DD folder/system is going to hamper Merchants in going about their usual work, that's not a good solution to our current Magic Box delivery issues. Basically, solve one problem and create another.

I really hope these issues are addressed in upcoming information from the Commerce Team.

We can hope that Brooke's team will have listened to all the rationale SHE ASKED FOR in her question to me in last months Update thread after I brought up these questions / concerns on AIS/DD and LL planning to silently dip into all us Merchant's private Avatar inventories. 

She could not understand from my initial question why "anyone would want to set up an ALT SLM Account". I responded to her the reasons why.  Darrius and a couple others piled on and added many other reasons why.

But it was the last that I ever her from Brooke about this issue.  Even in the few vague conversations Brooke has posted / texted to the public about DD - she has not acknowledge our concern and even alternative ideas that the DD solution should consider.

So... not that Brooke likes communicating with me directly anyway, but it leads me to believe that my concerns on this DD design / solution are valid but her team totally didnt think of it.... AND as is usually the case, the LL Development already had the solution designed and mostly written well before LL Commerce even mentioned this service coming.

As such I suspect the up coming details of DD will not have any of the proposed solution ideas that I mentioned.

But HEY.... maybe I will be shockingly surprised.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

When the details are shared with Merchants for the Direct Delivery project, will they address whether this "DD" Folder will add to our inventory numbers (I expect it will since it isn't a separate part of Inventory like the Library is)? Here's why I ask:...

For the way I work (and this may or may not affect other Merchants depending on their inventory management methods), basically, the DD Folder would add substantially to my current inventory, and due to duplicate naming of items that are in different folders for different purposes, lead to possible confusion and error as I manage my day to day operations. I am also concerned about missing from database issues that could occur...

I am also wondering about the impact to transactions that DD might incur. Now my boxed items are sold on SLM and my dashboard shows a nice little transaction for the top level item. If DD is going to be logged onto our Dashboard Transactions like we see when we "give inventory" in-World, the mind boggles at the amount of reporting. How will the SLM cart delivery look? Are we dealing with a top level BOM that drills all the way down to the last item in the folder? Are the folder simply links to a series of UUIDs that build up to the Top Level? More data needed, please. Show us the flowchart...:smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.