i made a table and friend is say i should sell it .. how do i do that ?? would even be bought ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

seanabrady wrote:

Easiest way would be to make a store on Marketplace. Load your items through the merchant outbox from the Me menu in the viewer.

i dont have a credit card and cant set up a store page 

im also unwilling get a credit card because i dont want monthly fees

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

Easy, just go someplace and wear the table. Then when people ask about it you can tell them it is for sale and the price. 

Pamela, did you get up on the wrong side of bed this morning? Snark doesn't look good on you.

Snark?  What else is he supposed to do if he cannot afford land or marketplace?

Hi Splatulated,

Though I wasn't able to build anything like that after less than a week in SL, I wonder if it will be worth your effort to sell that table. It appears to be made of simple prims, the way I still make things. From the look of it, I'll guess it's got a land impact of 10, or less if you set the physics to "None" or "Convex Hull" before linking. Mesh now allows more knowledgeable creators than you or I to make more complicated tables with a land impact of one.

I don't like to rain on anyone's parade, but with one product and an (understandable) aversion to credit cards, I don't see a way for you to start a store.

I create for the sheer joy of it, and give my creations away to my friends. You might try the same.

Good luck... and welcome to Second Life!

Pamela Galli wrote:

Easy, just go someplace and wear the table. Then when people ask about it you can tell them it is for sale and the price. 

Pamela, did you get up on the wrong side of bed this morning? Snark doesn't look good on you.

this uh worked o.O

i got 100 lin split between two people for it

Please don't.  At least, not until you learn how to align prims (the bases of the legs are way out of whack) and texture them. You used a freebie water (WATER????) texture for the legs and base, and the top appears to be blank or the same texture made somewhat transparent.  The sides of the base, where I assume you used a hollowed cube have very different texture repeats from the legs.  I really doubt someone paid you L300 for this object.  There are simply hundreds of better tables, with lower LI and better textures available on the marketplace and in world.  With mesh builds now in SL there is just no way to sell such amateurish high LI builds.

I strongly advise you join a building group, read a lot about building and texturing in SL and practise.  Good luck.

Splatulated wrote:

just got 300 lin from one person for it
o.O

wonder howm uch would sell for if made matching chairs

if wearing it and selling it is making you this kinda loot then i advise that you keep doing it.

is not everyday these days in SL that you see a travelling crafter carrying their wares on their back

used to tho but not much these days. Is every reason to think that the people what buy it off you did so out of pure nostalgia for the good old days. retrocool is the new black currently apparently. Cant get any more retro than prims out of alignment and library textures. Made only in a way that a wide-eye new person can ever manage (:

so keep going (:

+

i dont mean this in a bad way. Is a innocence about new people who get into building things for the first time. It comes thru when you talk to them. Is infectious the joy of discovery. Is a wonderful innocence that comes thru to us who maybe a bit jaded these days and reminds us of when we was new ourself

i get a sparkler off this new person recently. is very simple. Is the first thing they ever made. they were really proud and pleased of it. And so was I. both of them and what they made

Splatulated wrote:

o.O

Congratulations on your sales!  Don't let others discourage you from doing what you enjoy.  If you feel at some time that you would like to take a building class there are many offered inworld for free.  Welcome to SL!

irihapeti wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

o.O

if wearing it and selling it is making you this kinda loot then i advise that you keep doing it.

is not everyday these days in SL that you see a travelling crafter carrying their wares on their back

used to tho but not much these days. Is every reason to think that the people what buy it off you did so out of pure nostalgia for the good old days. retrocool is the new black currently apparently. Cant get any more retro than prims out of alignment and library textures. Made only in a way that a wide-eye new person can ever manage (:

so keep going (:

+

i dont mean this in a bad way. Is a innocence about new people who get into building things for the first time. It comes thru when you talk to them. Is infectious the joy of discovery. Is a wonderful innocence that comes thru to us who maybe a bit jaded these days and reminds us of when we was new ourself

i get a sparkler off this new person recently. is very simple. Is the first thing they ever made. they were really proud and pleased of it. And so was I. both of them and what they made

I hope you're pleased with making me feel foolish about raining on Splatulated's parade in my response!

You are absolutely right, both in the particulars of this case (if it's working, keep on doing it) and in the larger picture. It's easy to understand why teachers love teaching. They get to relive their "ah hah!" moments every year as they peer into the vast unknown with a new crop of curious students, eager to explore.

We can't return to our wide-eyed early days here, but we can thank the newbies for sharing their wonder and excitement with us.

;-).

You wouldn't McMasters. You are that arrogant. You malign and make a derogatory, and condescending remark concerning Pam's character and YOU don't see that an apology is necessary?

Hardly one that should be making judgements on the comportment of others.

But then you said it yourself, you are a fool.

Personally, I think you are being too easy on yourself as I and others are aware of your duplicitous and back stabbing tendencies.

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Now why don't you apologise to Pam, McMasters.

Because I don't feel an apology is necessary, Torvalar.

Because you rightly discern that (as one of the teachers you laud in another post ) I do not ever practice the soft bigotry of low expectations. Not ever. It is not so much about "wonder" as about seeing the never-imagined fruits of ones hard work, of achieving beyond one's own imagination. 

IOW my purpose is to empower, rather than enable. There is not only a difference, but they are mutally exclusive.

The empowerers and the enablers are at war. Let the best and the kindest win.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Because you rightly discern that (as one of the teachers you laud in another post ) I do not ever practice the soft bigotry of low expectations. Not ever. It is not so much about "wonder" as about seeing the never-imagined fruits of ones hard work, of achieving beyond one's own imagination. 

IOW my purpose is to empower, rather than enable. There is not only a difference, but they are mutally exclusive.

You may believe that advising someone to wear their furniture creations as a means of selling is empowering. I don't.

You may also believe that Splatulated is having success following your advice. I don't.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

You may believe that advising someone to wear their furniture creations as a means of selling is empowering. I don't.

You may also believe that Splatulated is having success following your advice. I don't.

Well my words quite literally empowered him to successfully sell a table he made -- rather than going about begging as so many do -- so your words dont make any more sense to me than your inexplicable attack on me for being "snarky" for making the clearly helpful suggestion in the first place. But that doesnt mean I am curious enough what you think to ask for any further explanation, so please do not misinterpret my reason for posting. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.