RL is very complicated for beginners

LlazarusLlong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some examples:

* There's no manual, which wouldn't help much because when you start you can't read.
* There's no tutorial; in fact, it's several years before you get any formal education
* Nobody seems to know the point of RL, and apparently you can't win at it
* Nobody understands what you say, and they all talk to you condescendingly.
* You can't fly; in fact, you can't even walk.
* You are not allowed to build anything substantial until you have practised for decades
* People get annoyed when you exercise your bodily functions at inconvenient times
* You have to scream to get any attention from the people running your life
* Most of the interesting stuff seems to happen when you are asleep
* The idiots responsible for supporting you have had little or no training for the job
* It's so difficult to meet others like yourself, and when you do they steal your stuff

I could go on . . .

Evangeline Arcadia wrote:

:smileylol: So very true...best post I've read for ages:)

If SL was really exactly like RL it would have never taken off......

Pamela Galli wrote:

I LOLed!

Hoshi Kenin wrote:

Yawn.

One man's meat is another man's poison.

Still, it must be reassuring that the expensive humour by-pass operation worked so well, Hoshi. Or is it genetic?

Conifer Dada wrote:

The 'General Discussion' forum is presumably for general discussion of topics related to Second Life rather than real life. :) :)

I don't know if any people these days still have pipes to put things in and smoke them.

No, the forum descriptions in the wiki state that every other forum should relate to SL EXCEPT GD.

It was mentioned in another thread that should not have been in GD.

Perhaps it would be interesting to start a thread in GD about inaccurate presumptions that have come back to bite you on the bum, eh?

I think part of the problem with posters bringing inappropriate stuff to GD is that they HAVE been smoking pipes . . . or something.

Conifer Dada wrote:

The 'General Discussion' forum is presumably for general discussion of topics related to Second Life rather than real life.
:)
:)

The truth what the General Discussion Forum really is for, can be found in the post:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/purchase-made-product-not-received/m-p/2899538#M202577

:matte-motes-nerdy: :smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.