purchase made, product not received

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Christhiana wrote:

And yet you have no problem with a thread that has nothing to do with SL like this:
Imagine this. . . 10 minutes of bliss

You even posted a reply into that thread "/me presses the Report Appropriate Content button.". You find that appropriate content for an SL forum? Those are the threads that really annoy me. I come here to read and post about SL, not to view music videos (plenty of forums for that).

Historically, if there is any history to this version of the forum, the GD Forum was open to topics unrelated to SL. It was the only forum open to such topics.

Why would you read threads that 'really annoy' you?  /me ponders

I would contend that, not only is the GD forum open to such subject matter, such subject matter is one of the very reasons for it's existence.

...Dres

Christhiana wrote:

While that may have been the case once, now it states
Second Life discussions welcome here! Please follow the community guidelines.

Notice it doesn't state that only Second Life discussions are welcome here?  That's because they are.  Nowhere in the guidelines does it state that they are not.

Christhiana wrote:

It annoys me (only a little to be honest) because I come here to read and post about SL because this is the official SL forum. I don't want to click through posts that have nothing to do with SL. There are literally thousands of forums on the internet appropriate for these topics, why not post it overthere?

Not everyone is as strictly an immersionist as it seems are you.

Christhiana wrote:

It was more about pointing out the hypocrite reaction the TS got on posting in the wrong section.

You failed.

...Dres

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

There is a Merchant forum, an Employment forum, a Wanted forum -- the only categories in Commerce. 

So what better place to get answers about problems with Merchants than in the Merchants forum?

Assuming you can't get an answer in the Answers forum.

Although on an analogous basis maybe there should be a forum called Customers.

That is reasonable, but I still see why some think the forum is for merchants.  It originally was called Commerce or something, and there was a Super Secret Merchant forum. (We still have the Super Secret one, but no general commerce one.)

I don't get it, why the agression? I only said it annoyed me...that's a personal opinion. I never said anyone should do something about it, or that I want anyone to change their behaviour because of me. I merely stated the feeling I get when I come across a post like that. If I offended you somehow with that statement then I apologize. Not here to pick a fight with anyone.

Christhiana wrote:

While that may have been the case once, now it states
Second Life discussions welcome here! Please follow the community guidelines

Just to clarify this matter a bit...

The definition for the General Discussion Forum as it is now is misleading and causes confusion. It lacks to tell clearly what is allowed in that forum. It is told somewhere else. [Insert eye roll here]

Here it is told:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Community_Participation_Guidelines says:

"Off Topic Content: Please keep your commentary relevant to the discussion and within the format that the forum, board or question and answer area require. (For example, in the Answers section, please follow the Q&A format of the discussion.) Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted. You may also not post regarding subjects that do not relate to Second Life except in the General forum discussion board."

So, according to the above link, in General Discussion Forum it is allowed to:

• discuss about Second Life

• discuss about subjects which have nothing to do with Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.