Avatar's feet keep sinking into the ground

Black Vortex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just switched over to Firestorm from using Phoenix since I started playing back in March. Anywho, the Firestorm viewer is all well and good (less laggy, doesn't hack my soundcard to bits, etc), but, I'm having an issue where my feet are stuck in the ground. I tried a lot of different hotfixes including rebaking, complete character test, creating a new LSL bridge, and moving Firestorm's cache. I tried the Z-Modifier thing, but only I can see that and after I start walking, it doesn't work anymore.

Help?

This is a consistent issue with Firestorm. Which Firestorm are you using? The mesh beta has three different configurations. I use the Hybrid configuration, and here's how I fixed it there:

All the icons are at the bottom of the screen - magnifying glass for search, suitcase for inventory, etc. There's an icon with a big AO on it, and next to that is an icon with the Firestorm/Phoenix logo. Click that. It's a shortcut window, and on or near the bottom of that window is a height adjustor. Slide the bar to the right until your feet are on/slightly above the ground.

I'm no good with technical terms, so I don't know if this is the same as "Z-Modifier," but it works for me and has for everyone else I've talked to who has this problem with Firestorm. Don't know if other people see it; I haven't asked. I also don't know how to get to this any other way, just through that shortcut, but maybe somebody else will know.

xRiViTx wrote:

I just switched over to Firestorm from using Phoenix since I started playing back in March. Anywho, the Firestorm viewer is all well and good (less laggy, doesn't hack my soundcard to bits, etc), but, I'm having an issue where my feet are stuck in the ground. I tried a lot of different hotfixes including rebaking, complete character test, creating a new LSL bridge, and moving Firestorm's cache. I tried the Z-Modifier thing, but only I can see that and after I start walking, it doesn't work anymore.

Help?

Try hitting the PageUP button on your keyboard.

I tried those things, but they didn't seem to work. I'm using the non-mesh version of Firestorm at the moment. I should also mention that when I turn my AO off, my feet kind of curl up and look deformed.. as if I were trying to sit in the air, but once I walk.. my feet revert back to normal; still sunk in the ground albeit.

Is there anything else I can try?

• 2 years later...

Here's what I do:

Go to EDIT SHAPE

Select BODY

Scroll down until you see the word HOVER

Move the SLIDING BAR and watch your avatar move to set the position you need.

Sometimes, this is useful to adjust your avatar's stance on certain objects as well.  

Select SAVE and and name it something meaningful related to its use.

You may have to change it again -- but this method seems to work best for me.

Peace!  

• 2 months later...

OOOOOO Canaris thank you very much, i really thought that soemthign is wrong with shoes/ao/slink feets bla bla, all forums talking about some body dynamics and stuff.. but *ucking hover xD aaaaa finally! thank you very much for helping!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.