Help with SL Viewer Beta features

Torley Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3870 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

CrazyLaraCroft wrote:

sup torly linden I am currently testing Second Life viewer 3.5.0(Linden Lab) and here are some things that I think would be suggest and or fix and or even removed

If you have any specific suggestions (like that windlight one) you can make them using the Second Life JIRA

Also I suggest you check through what you write, or get someone to check for you to ensure the English is concise and understandable.  The Lindens are busy people like the rest of us, and prefer to work with direct (but non-inflamatory) statements.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we are busy.

Busy enough to be seriously annoyed by being forced to click something in the world after hacking some inflamatory lines into the local chat floater before being allowed to move our pixels (3.5.0 beta).

Whoever had this glorious idea of degrading the local chatline functionality should fix it ASAP.

Straight ahead.

• 1 month later...

Hello Torley :) 

I have been dying to try out the Normal and Specular texture maps I create for SL and beyond but  it goes all black as soon as I tick the "Advanced Lightning Model" 

All I can see is floating text.

Is it my computer spec ? I can't find the spec requirements for this feature

iMac

Processor  3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory  16 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics  ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB

Software  OS X 10.8.4 (12E55)

LillyBeth Filth wrote:

Hello Torley
:)

I have been dying to try out the Normal and Specular texture maps I create for SL and beyond but  it goes all black as soon as I tick the "Advanced Lightning Model" 

iMac

Processor
  3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory
  16 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics
  ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB

Software
  OS X 10.8.4 (12E55)

There's a public JIRA section for the materials beta - various people have been having problems with white and/or black textures under certain conditions. You can read, post and get updates here:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/MATBUG

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

LillyBeth Filth wrote:

Hello Torley
:)

iMac

Processor
  3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory
  16 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics
  ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB

Software
  OS X 10.8.4 (12E55)

There's a public JIRA section for the materials beta - various people have been having problems with white and/or black textures under certain conditions. You can read, post and get updates here:

Thanks Theresa :) 

• 1 month later...

You are right on in this. I know a lot of people in SL and almost NONE of them like the SL viewer. Screen cluttering, not user friendly. Popups on all sides, so it distracts, the list goes on and on. I love Second Life, hate that viewer, and I can't imagine a new person staying around having to use it. Yet anytime I have a problem, the only question help has for me is "Are you using our viewer?" So frustrating, I may never ever use it for that very reason alone. HELLO! Work with Firestorm. A much much better viewer, despite the constant shift to make it obsolete.

I have a question, and I'm not sure if this is the best place to put it or not, but here it goes!  I just started using the SL viewer, and have DL'd the most recent one.  I don't' like how the IMs and text chat have the name bars separating the text, but can't find where to change it in the preferences.  Is there no way to do this in the Second Life  Viewer?  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm testing the "Second Life Project Materials/3.6.3.279651" since July 21. There have been 2 mandatory updates, I have had no problems with the viewer until after the second update. I use flexi hair and the alpha blending is totally messed up after the latest update, the flexi hair looks awful. And not only my hair, all avatars wearing flexi hair.

Okay, I reported it on the Materials Project Viewer Bugs

Sorry it's not a reply to Coby, didn't realise that I have to go back to the first post, to reply.

Edit # 3: Ops, now I've noticed that there are 'Reply buttons' both on the top left and bottom left :manembarrassed:

Snapshot_011.jpg

Voff Uggla wrote:

I'm testing the "Second Life Project Materials/3.6.3.279651" since July 21. There have been 2 mandatory updates, I have had no problems with the viewer until after the second update. I use flexi hair and the alpha blending is totally messed up after the latest update, the flexi hair looks awful. And not only my hair, all avatars wearing flexi hair.

Okay, I reported it on the

Sorry it's not a reply to Coby, didn't realise that I have to go back to the first post, to reply.

Edit # 3: Ops, now I've noticed that there are 'Reply buttons' both on the top left and bottom left :manembarrassed:

Quoting myself:

There was a third mandatory update to the Project Materials Viewer, a few days ago. That fixed the issues I had.

• 1 month later...

It became amusing when updating to Second Life Viewerv3.6.7 (281236).
Please correct.
It was repaired when changing to front view.

http://img01.slmame.com/usr/flstyle/13092104.jpg

When updated, it means that it was troubled very much.
reading of a texture is bad -- it seems that it is different somehow although - was thought
It will float, if it is made a setup of night, although somehow corrected in the highlight.
Although returned
I want you to stop such update.
If it sees from other persons who updated, it will be visible to strange touch.
I think that the direction which is not making the mesh avatar from a highlight is influential.
It happened before that a part of hair of hair becomes amusing.
Since it is affected, I am disagreeable.
It cannot respond to change of such environment.

http://flstyle.slmame.com/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3870 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.