A new Low of the Service team... Item "Being Delivered", Customer has my item.

Jaylin Whitewood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4322 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

"Hello LL, the Order XXXXX vrom 29.06, is still logged ad "being Delivered, not paid", Customer has my item already, but i dont have the money yet".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer:

Hello Jaylin Whitewood,

Thank you for contacting Linden Lab Support.

We are sorry to learn of your regrettable transaction with another Second Life Resident. Unfortunately, we are not at liberty to intercede or interfere in Resident-to-Resident business dealings.

Linden Lab cannot verify, enforce, certify, examine, uphold, or adjudicate any oath, contract, deal, bargain, or agreement made by the Residents of Second Life. We do not own, operate, or insure any Resident-run enterprise or services. As with any transaction among Residents, Linden Lab has limited responsibility and capacity to resolve disputes. If you decide to take the matter to the Real Life authorities, Linden Lab will be happy to cooperate with your investigations.

While you may have a valid grievance with another Second Life Resident, Linden Lab cannot resolve your dispute. We regret this inconvenience and wish you the best in your future inworld endeavors.

Best regards,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO **bleep** SHERLOCK:.. Linden Lab cannot verify, enforce, certify, examine, uphold, or adjudicate a transaction made in their damn own marketplace? Good to know...

They can be very dumb sometimes,

Was this raised as a ticket under Marketplace>Failed Delivery?

You may want to reply pointing out that the Marketplace is not a Resident-run enterprise or service.

But you can expect the same email in respsonse several times before you get any joy, the people doing that job seem to have been selected for their ability to be completely and utterly pig ignorant.

As first I think this may be one of the many Marketplace bugs because if you remmber we all had a big trouble for Xmas and this happened to many many merchants it was a total mess, myself too. It hought this bug was fixed but apparently it isnt so merchants, please keep track of your transactions and look the ones that says "being delivered" a high probability that it was indeed delivered to the customer but never paid to you!

About the SL support its really not only low but disastrous, in my personal experience.

I am convinced that they have a certain number of cases given to close on one day not mattering the results or the customer satisfaction on the process. Everytime I asked for help on the chat answer was over and over "we cannot do nothing please submit a ticket! and when I submited a ticket thye just kept closing it over and over clarely not even reading what I was claiming. This is terrible dissapointing for the ones who PAYS for customer support as premium.

Josh Susanto wrote:

Don't worry.

When Direct Delivery is finally deployed, it's going to fix all this.

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

@Jaylin - A new low indeed.  I am just dumbfounded reading that response, especially the length and detail the responder went into - more involved than the typical "File a jira."

Jaylin Whitewood wrote:

"Hello LL, the Order XXXXX vrom 29.06, is still logged ad "being Delivered, not paid", Customer has my item already, but i dont have the money yet".

Answer:

Hello Jaylin Whitewood,

Thank you for contacting Linden Lab Support.

We are sorry to learn of your regrettable transaction with another Second Life Resident. Unfortunately, we are not at liberty to intercede or interfere in Resident-to-Resident business dealings.

Linden Lab cannot verify, enforce, certify, examine, uphold, or adjudicate any oath, contract, deal, bargain, or agreement made by the Residents of Second Life. We do not own, operate, or insure any Resident-run enterprise or services. As with any transaction among Residents, Linden Lab has limited responsibility and capacity to resolve disputes. If you decide to take the matter to the Real Life authorities, Linden Lab will be happy to cooperate with your investigations.

While you may have a valid grievance with another Second Life Resident, Linden Lab cannot resolve your dispute. We regret this inconvenience and wish you the best in your future inworld endeavors.

Best regards,

NO **bleep** SHERLOCK:.. Linden Lab cannot verify, enforce, certify, examine, uphold, or adjudicate a transaction made in their damn own marketplace? Good to know...

I would reopen the ticket and explain that this is not a use to user transaction, that it is a malfunction of the market place, if at all passable get the traction # from your customer too. If you have to reopen it several times.  After a few times I usually add and opening line that says "you call this customer service!, it's obvious you haven't even read the whole ticket."  That doesn't all ways work but at least the answer is not some cookie cutter response. 

If LL said.

[if you decide to take the matter to the Real Life authorities, Linden Lab will be happy to cooperate with your investigations.]

Then take them up on it, get a case # from the Better Business Bureau and add that to your next ticket.  

Last LL should really look at how this effects attracting and keeping new users, if I know this is how SL was run when I got into it 4 years ago I would have just run away as fast as I could.  Fixing all the bug and lag in SL will take time to fix all the code, but good customer just takes an attitude adjustment which could happen over night.  Considering how important user created content is to SL it's appalling at how LL treats merchants.

Josh, Direct Delivery only fixes delivery issues. The rest of the poor reconciliation architecture remains and they've said that it will not change when they closed my JIRA on this, web-4508 so you know that Direct Delivery had nothing to do with this issue. :)

Well if you want the full scale of the view from LL on this, when I was relentless in getting my stuck funds paid, this is what I was sent in the support ticket:-

The Jira Bug Report regarding Delivery Partially Failed orders is still open and has not yet been resolved.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4592

While we do respect your position in the matter, the Terms of Service does indemnify Linden Lab against claims resulting from technical issues with the Second Life service.

I was paid the money, not because it was due and stuck at LL due to poor overall architecture, using an escrow intermediary when none is necessary if properly architected within the Direct Delivery process.

No, not paid because it was due but "as a one time courtesy".

So there you have it, if you don't get paid, don't complain because you're lucky in the first instance that it works most of the time.  Praise be the ToS!

SLA's R-n't Us.

See? Only service I've ever seen that tries to say they're not liable for their service (or lack of it, more importantly).

Imagine if eBay could do that?

"He didn't deliver after you paid us? Wow, that sucks. Good thing we're not liable!" That **bleep** would be in court so fast...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4322 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.