Will or can LL Block someones account for harrasment

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So someone I know says there acount has been blocked by Linden Labs becous someone has reported them for harrasment.

My question is do LL block acounts on someones word of harrasment, or do they look into the case first to se if it is justified, or do they not block acounts for harrasment at all?

Cheers all :)

If the offenses are serious enough, yes, they can, they will, and they have. They *always* investigate these kinds of things though, unless it's just some juvenile "he was being mean to me" crap, in which case those ARS get sent to the abyss never to be seen again. To have an account blocked for harassment, it would have to be something pretty dang serious, probably something bordering on, if not crossing, rl laws. LL get ARs all the time for harassment(justified, and not, I'm sure). They don't often block accounts however, and definitely don't block accounts for minor he said she said spits and spats between residents who are feeling butthurt. 

IF your friend knows this is why his/her account was blocked, then he/she knows that it was serious, or, he/she is lying to you and the account was blocked for something else, probably something more serious.

Alwin Alcott wrote:

The one who told you is breaking the rules by being in sl again, a ban is not for the avatar only but for the holder.

A ban can be as small as 3 days on one single avatar, or go up to a full account ban. Depends on number of things.

Icabod Gealach wrote:

So someone I know says there acount has been blocked by Linden Labs becous someone has reported them for harrasment.

My question is do LL block acounts on someones word of harrasment, or do they look into the case first to se if it is justified, or do they not block acounts for harrasment at all?

Cheers all
:)

Can they? Sure. Will they? Highly unlikely.

You need to remember that you're just one of the hundreds of complaints they receive each day, almost all from semi-retarded folk using SL for a reason which becomes quite obvious after a staff member wastes half an hour discovering such.

Who is paying for that time?

Now if you could dream up a filtering algorithm which precludes the autistic, the failed or the Downs Syndromites, then I suspect you would have at least one VERY interested client.

pleasureboi wrote:

Alwin Alcott wrote:

The one who told you is breaking the rules by being in sl again, a ban is not for the avatar only but for the holder.

A ban can be as small as 3 days on one single avatar, or go up to a full account ban. Depends on number of things.

I'd suggest that you familiarise yourself with the TOS but that is not what it says.  :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.