Show us your snowy white, wind driven snow, bone chillin', dead of winter snapshots!

Hippie Bowman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all!  I love winter.  That is because I live in Florida!  I do remember though, some time back, in Central Michigan, the cold and crisp days and night.  When the snow would crunch under your feet, and your breath would nearly freeze.

I do love where I am now.  The mild winters and the warm summers, and would surely freeze if I had to relocate north. But I do remember the beauty of snow being driven on the wind. The smell of fires burning.  The hot cocoa, and the friendship!  The ice skating on the local pond.  The cold clear nights with a bright moon in the sky, and the snow clinging off of the bows of the evergreens.   A pristine winter picture, if you get my drift, fit for a Currier and Ives postcard. Dig?

Winter at Lagrange scaled down.png

So I took a snapshot here at the spaceport.  It reflects in many ways, of what I saw in the beauty of winters long ago!

Please post you favorite snowy white, wind driven snow, bone chillin', dead of winter snapshots here!

Peace!

These aren't from this winter, they're just a couple of my favs from a previous winter :)

snowtree.jpg

This is what happens to the tree down by the road out in front of the house, anytime we get ice or snow. This isn't a weeping willow, but it usually looks like one year round now, because of this particular ice storm.

snowkids.jpg

What fun is snow if you're not going to play in it? Yes, he's trying to ride his bike in the snow. No, I didn't stop him. Yes, he did bury himself. Yes, I did laugh my ass off at him, before helping him up and out of the snow. :D This snow is a lot deeper than it looks. It's just heavy snow, and they're lightweight so they didn't sink too much at first. Eventually they both ended up stuck, lol.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I live in Florida as well!  My family moved here from the frozen North when I was 12 and I don't miss the cold weather at all but I do enjoy winter fun in SL.
:)

Petting Polar Bear.jpg

Petting a Polar Bear

Cz & Penguin.jpg

Playing with a Penquin

Nativity.jpg

Nativity at a friend's home

Oh wow!  Very nice pictures!  Thank you for sharing!

Peace!

Tari Landar wrote:

These aren't from this winter, they're just a couple of my favs from a previous winter
:)

snowtree.jpg

This is what happens to the tree down by the road out in front of the house, anytime we get ice or snow. This isn't a weeping willow, but it usually looks like one year round now, because of this particular ice storm.

snowkids.jpg

What fun is snow if you're not going to play in it? Yes, he's trying to ride his bike in the snow. No, I didn't stop him. Yes, he did bury himself. Yes, I did laugh my ass off at him, before helping him up and out of the snow.
:D
This snow is a lot deeper than it looks. It's just heavy snow, and they're lightweight so they didn't sink too much at first. Eventually they both ended up stuck, lol.

Very nice!  Love it!  Thank you for sharing!

Peace!

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

bleh..i miss chicago winters..down here it's wet and cold..that or it's t-shirt weather lol

I hear ya Ceka.  Very hot and humid where I live too in summers.  It went to 40F last night.  That cold enough for me!  HEHEH!

Peace!

it could be in the 20's here one day and 70's the next..

we are right on that gulf stream that makes it canada or florida here  in the winter time.

it's no wonder people around here get sick like a plague hit ..

we never have just a couple of kids out sick from school..it's like 70 to 100 a shot per school in the winter time lol

and they are not very big schools..

one time they canceled school because there were just so many staying home hehehehe

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

bleh..i miss chicago winters..down here it's wet and cold..that or it's t-shirt weather lol

I hear ya Ceka.  Very hot and humid where I live too in summers.  It went to 40F last night.  That cold enough for me!  HEHEH!

Peace!

Oh man...it didn't go any lower than 64F here last night and almost had to turn the AC on.  Although it's supposed to be 73F today and then 36F low tonight.  The wide temperature swings in one day are "fun" lol.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Peace!

it could be in the 20's here one day and 70's the next..

we are right on that gulf stream that makes it canada or florida here  in the winter time.

it's no wonder people around here get sick like a plague hit ..

we never have just a couple of kids out sick from school..it's like 70 to 100 a shot per school in the winter time lol

and they are not very big schools..

one time they canceled school because there were just so many staying home hehehehe

LOL!  Oh I loved snow days as a kid!  Wonderful!

Peace!

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Peace!

Oh man...it didn't go any lower than 64F here last night and almost had to turn the AC on.  Although it's supposed to be 73F today and then 36F low tonight.  The wide temperature swings in one day are "fun" lol.

Oh yes wide temperature swings in one day are fun.  Good way to get sick huh?  Warmed up nice today.  In the 70's F.

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.