More Prims to premium house

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

I'm just join a premium account and I have my new house.

All is awesome but...

I need more prims to my furnitures. I can't add one prim more. Can I increase the prims paying something?

Please help with this, because I love my house but look so empty.

Thanks in advance.

Veritas

It sounds like you have a Linden Home, so no, you can't increase the prims.

What you can do is abandon your Linden Home and buy a larger parcel of land, so that you will have more prims available. The Linden Home is on a 512 sqm parcel, and 512s can only have 117 prims. The Linde4n Home itself is not actually on your parcel, so it doesn't count in the 117 prims that you are allowed there. If you abandon that home and buy a 512 parcel, you will have fewer prims because you would also need to rez a house on it, and the house's prims will count towards the 117. So, to get more prims, you need a larger parcel (not a Linden Home). And that would mean paying monthly tier for the amount of land that's in excess of 512. You always get the first 512 free of tier. I am talking about mainland, and not about private estates. You don't get any free tier on private estates.

maybe you need to look at how many prims your furniture is using and see if you can get anything with fewer prims there is a store (primpossible) that sells some really awesome funiture items crafted to occupy a single prim well the sculpted stuff at least is a single prim combined with low land impact buildings i can use my 1024sqm mainland rental for business and have a semi private skybox with prims to spare

I agree. Not the house. The furniture.

I have decorated at two story fairly large house with 100 land impact and had it full and very "House and Gardens" even with some outside touches -- so it is possible. Look at the land impact of your furniture. You can typically get a LOT of decor items at 1 land impact and extremely nice lounge chairs for 3.

Check the venues as well as some of the popular shops that sell low prim furniture. You can have a great time decorating! 

It is possible to nicely furnish a house for under 100 prims if you're careful when selecting furniture - balancing how the item looks, functions and fits in with your decor theme against the number of prims the item will use up.  

When I have a house on a 512 parcel (that is not part of the Linden homes), I generally am using a smaller house than the Linden homes.  Most of the Linden homes are spacious inside - big single rooms with very high ceilings - so it can seem harder to make them not 'feel empty'.  They are definitely a challenge to decorate and furnish, even without the prim limitation.  

• 2 weeks later...

On the 'amount of prims available' topic: there are parcels in SL that allow double the number of prims per square-meter (in Nautilus City, in Bay City, and I believe on the Adult continent in a couple of areas). Of course that land usually costs more to purchase outright, but once you have it, you get those extra prims despite paying the same monthly tier (or none if you can get a 512 sqm parcel).

You need lower prim furniture, not a bigger parcel. Here are some ways to get inexpensive low-prim stuff.

1. Go to Zerkalo, join their group, & pick up their free group gifts. - Do this for any store you like that has group gifts.

2. Go to Dysfunctional Designs, join their group, & pick up their free group gifts.

3. Go to FaMeshed, join their group, & pick up all the gifts in blue boxes around the display area.

4. Go to We <3 RP & pick up all the free gifts there. - Note some "gifts" are actually for sale for $ 10.

5. Join Fifty Linden Fridays for a weekly list of inexpensive sale clothes, skin, hair, furniture & furnishings. (Note several stores on their list take up their sale item as soon as it's Midnight SL Time on Friday night.)

6. Search Marketplace for inexpesive low prim furniture.

7. Learn how to make your own simple tables, shelves & pictures with prims, then set them Convex Hull to reduce their Land Impact.

How much is low for prims/ land impact?

A table shouldn't be more than 2 Land Impact.

A chair might be 5 or 6 if it has several animations in it.

A bed shouldn't be more than 16, & only then if it has alot of animations in it.

Many very nice items are only 1 to 5 land impact. Beware of items that have over 20 land impact.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.