Favorite Things To Do in SL? Favorite Places to Go?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Valentina, there's so much to do in SL. You can find ideas in this forum under the "Events" topic.  

Hunts can be quite fun, here's a page to the list of current hunts. http://secondlife.com/destinations/events/1

I spent this weekend at the Twisted Hunt http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Upcoming-Events-and-Activities/Twisted-Hunt-is-about-to-start/m-p/1034083/highlight/true#M764 . It's difficult but fun and you may even end up meeting a few people to share some laughs with.  It finishes on the 30th of September so be quick if you want to find al 207 items before it ends.

Another thing I like to do is go to Live Music events.  To find out what's on at any given time, open your search in world, select all Events then choose "Live Music" from the drop down box. A list will come up showing what's on at that particular time and beyond and each item in the list will provide a description of the style of music and the artist.  

Good luck :-)

ValentinaMorrosia wrote:

Sometimes I can find SL boring.  So I just wanted to know what are some of your favorite things to do in SL or some of your favorite destinations?

When I'm bored, I visit an infohub where avatars are just standing silently and usually all staring in the same general direction. I then position my avatar in front and facing them and shout (use control enter, instead of just enter):

Who are all these people?

Why are they here?

Someone typically responds. Often, someone will ask me why I'm there. I'm tell them that it's an infohub and I'm there for information. Other times I say I'm probing alien minds.

for me it depends upon the time of year, I wont hit summer destination sims in December and vice versa but here's a run down of my faves by month

January

I usually hit the slopes of Wolf Mountain, skiing, snowboarding sleigh rides, ice skating, ect

Feb, 

warming up a bit for the winter sports but not warm enough to break out the spring stuff besides, its valentines this month, so I hit the romantic hot spots

March, 

well o course I head down to the Dublin sims to hit the pubs for a wee drink o' Guinness

April,

on April 1st I find sims that tickle my funny bone, beyond that I'm having fun decorating sculptey easter eggs and hiding them around my home parcel

May, 

I slip into my shorts and short sleeved shirts and invite friends to sims that have nice public parks (like WIllowdale) for a picnic

June 

weather's getting a little hot so I head over to the SS Galaxy for some sun, water skiing, scuba diving, sailing and other water activities

or sometimes I'll grab my golf clubs and play a few rounds at Green Acres

July, 

BBQ and fireworks at my house! or I'm fishing across 7Seas, or I'm enjoying the rides at Prim Hearts, or Magicland

August, 

way to close out summer by hitting the waves a few last times at some of the beach sims with my surfboard

Sept,  

fun fact, Oktoberfest begins in late september despite the name, so grab my dirndl and a stein of beer and head to the Munich sims, otherwise I'm over at Aero Pines riding my horse through the trails and watching the leaves change, or I'm at a campground sim with some huntable deer and my blaze orange and my rifle

Oct

does it even need to be said? Bloodlines all the way

Nov,

there's a chill in the air and Aero Pines has some nice activities this time of year, including a corn maze (they had one last year anyway) and the past couple of years there's been a sim that's had a SL version of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, if it's back this year I'll get video

Dec,

Tis the season, at my home decorating the tree, or out shopping for everyone, or ice skating (bonus if one of the New York sims has ice skating at Rockefeller Center) or at Aero Pines or Wolf Mountain riding in a one horse open sleigh

The latest beta viewer I have 3.0 (I think) gives you destinations to chose from with avatars present upon starting the SL viewer 3.0.  I like that new feature.  Once you get one of the newer viewers 3.0 or later, you will have a better SL, imo.  I love that feature they just added.

For me personally, SL can get boring at times also.  When that happens, you just have to do something different for a change of pace.  I personally never found SL boring when I first arrived though because I was too busy looking around for what to buy and where to rent, etc.

My favorite things are working on my SL rental house, and I'm here for the music and the chat... so I love live music and a lot of the tribute shows they put on in SL (there are a few tribute groups where it's like a recreation of a live concert -- lots of fun for me anyhow!  I love it!).  I also love SL in that I've gotten to hear so much music I've never heard before.

But, anyhow, the newest feature in 3.0 viewer where it shows current "happenings" should give you some cool ideas of what is happening on that day and options for many things to do.  3.0 is still in beta, and hopefully we will get some mesh viewers done and out of beta soon.  Hopefully!  lol 

Well, it all depends what you are interested in... art (the RL kind or the "Not possible in RL" kind), fashion, music, architecture/building, socializing, relationships, photography, gardening, site-seeing, dancing... there are so so many possibilities.  You should treat sl like Google - just type something into search (like your favorite hobbie, sport or activity) and see what comes up - join some groups with people of like interests, make friends, etc.

Personally I like to prowl the destination guide on this website and then go take pictures, planning outfits, poses, lighting etc. (while chatting with old friends who happen to be online), its a creative outlet.  I also like to build on my little chunk of mainland.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.