Men's Fashion

Lady Darmoset

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just love to get Mr. Poet clothes for my male alt. Only problem I have is that the creator don't make enough stuff! I am not sure if you would call this a middleaged look (But, but, I am middleaged! Just not male!). Good jackets, prim collars and cuffs, and superb texturing. Not scripted, fully modifiable and lots of options. 

user6835_pic3941_1306440805.jpg 

Do you prefer options to be scripted color change upon click, like for hair? or more 'closed / zippered jacket', 'sleeves rolled / unrolled' when looking at jackets? I know most creator's sell fatpacks for color variations, but I haven't given thought to the sleeve position or anything like that...

Hm, I really don't need scripted colorchange. I have my favourite colors that I buy. I know that there are some really lightweight scripts out there that don't lag down a sim. So if you just leave the clothes modifiable that would not matter much for me. On Marianne, I have stopped buying fatpacks, because it is more fun buying something new than using the old pair of shoes. Same with skins. I buy new ones before I use more than 2-3 makeups in a pack.  I also see that the scripted colorchange jewlery is really not much used. I use silver and don't care so much if it's 17 other metals in a menu.

Options like rolled up/down sleeves and open/zipped jacket is really fantastic, that would be a big plus for me. Mr. Poet includes a lot of such options. I mix 2 sets in the picture abowe, the peacoat comes with a fancy shirt with ruffles and a dandy vest. I used the layered shirt from the work shirt set under instead, to get a tougher look. All the clothes is very mix'n match friendly.

But that's me, maybe you should listen more to the "real" men, hehe.

Lol! I think once I figure out the texturing-sculpties-so-they-look-right part down, I can easily make rolled / unrolled sleeves for shirts of all kinds, as mentioned by the 'real' men. :P I could even try it with t-shirts, as I know in RL some people (mostly girls) will roll them up if the weather is warm or because of sports or something. 

For the scripted color changes, I totally understand that, too. I rather not bother with resize scripts since I never liked to use them, since I wound up modifying it the manual way in the end. So all my stuff will definitely be modifiable. A resize script is nice in theory, not always practice. 

But thank you for the feedback on the color changing scripts! I think I will avoid those when it comes to clothes and the like (though it'll stay for hair).

Nice Marianne! So thats what happens when a woman like you makes a male Av. Just great!

Now u made me want to get that jacket asap, Mr poet should thank you!

And Lady, I see you are on the right track by those sketches u posted, Hair like the one I have on my head right now, RL I mean.

Not just classic jeans, I want white, red, green or orange jeans too (not the tight ones) or pants like dokers and dikies. That said, dont forget the prim cuffs!

I dont care about color change either so much, could be nice but not a issue for me.

What I do care about is that everything is mod---not resizer that just makes bigger, doesnt make it "fit"

And lots of layers for things like shirts to wear out Jacket layer and option to wear shirt with a pant layer for bottom,or tucked in with undershirt, shirt layers with a underpant layer that keeps the shirt from looking like a crop top with low rise pants

Lyra Blackthorne wrote:

@ Darren Scorpio, most of the items you picture are totally available in SL...you have been shopping at the wrong stores I think!  Check out: AOHARU, Connors, Gabriel, NSD (Naith Smit), SEY, Muism, Valient, Kal Rau for just a few.  

eep...looks like I was shouting above sorry: )  also there is a great male fashion blog:

He features many different styles and provides information on the items featured

I just took my adult alt shopping to these places. Thanks for pointing them out, found some very 

cool stuff.

Wow, great topic. I must admit that I am one of the folks who QQ about men's clothing yet can't quite put my finger on what it is that I want exactly. After going through the posts, I must agree with much of what has already been said. I think what it all boils down to for me is more selection. I love places like Buried, and Gauged. I do however lean towards the "punk-light" style. I think at this point, I just need more LMs. I have purchased most of what I have found that falls into the category of punk. Please if you have LMs... send them my way. I do suggest that people take some time while you are shopping and look at the men's section of the stores you are in ( if they have them) look at the difference. Thanks for this post, I will be sure to follow! :D

Darren Scorpio wrote:

In my defense, I did say ignore the two females on that picture. Also, 1/3 of what is now offered in SL already caters to the middle aged
:P
 and the other 2/3 caters to the male prostitutes and the hip hop wannabe thugs.

I had really been struggling to find the words that describe what I don't want and you have said it perfectly.

Browse something like Shutterstock for a few hours and get some model ideas.

You might face the problem of no customers. Men in 3D environments are nortorious for complaining that they have nothing to wear and then not getting what you offer them once you do so - even if you give it to them for free.

Read half the threads on Renderosity as an example... :)

But at least you can make some stuff for women to drag their men to and -FORCE- the bastards to buy it and wear it... ;)

Oh and the hip-hop angle mentioned in the thread a few times. I am -SO GLAD- that one of those early images was an African man in normal clothes. Don't denigrate us non-whites by making us all into thugs or street youths in model imagry and clothing lines. If it grates on me, you can be sure it seriously grates on the men. That look is not exactly the look most non-whites actually want to portray in their self image.

- But I will also say that the youths in that first image line up had some seriously odd outfits on. Was that an 80s image? :)

It's interesting that you said that, about non-whites wanting something else besides 'thug wear'. It never occurred to me a lot of people think that's wanted or thats how they are portrayed ads for that kind of clothing, mainly because I figured anyone regardless of ethnicity can wear the same shirt / outfit. Obviously there are male clothes that anyone can wear, but I understand the frustration in how people portray certain outfits with certain types of people. I will make sure to keep my ads diverse best I can. :) And avoid stereotypes, though I'm not into making stereotypical outfits or what not...

More diversity! <3

I agree completely.  Something that still looks 'cool' but is not 'thug wear.'

So that would be pants/jeans that are loose enough to not be skinny jeans or form fitting, but not hanging low either.  The same thing with the shirts.  Clothes that look heterosexual, non-bodybuilder, non-punk, not skin tight.   

A lot of us would move on to more creative/wilder styles eventually, but it is nice to have something reassuring as a base to start from.

• 2 months later...

Stuff more realistic.  You see a lot of hard core rocker, muscular, macho man stuff but theres a lack in realistic clothes that the younger generation wears (me)

What we have enough of:

https://d44ytnim3cfy5.cloudfront.net/assets/3835653/view_large/in%20ur%20face%20verkauf.jpg?1309647794

https://d1ij7zv8zivhs3.cloudfront.net/assets/3252294/view_large/Snapshot_004.jpg?1300910473

https://d44ytnim3cfy5.cloudfront.net/assets/2677005/view_large/Snapshot_001.jpg?1292428303

The people you see wearing this stuff irl are the people you keep away from.

What we need (or at least I do): 

http://media.kohls.com.edgesuite.net/is/image/kohls/699847?wid=400&hei=400&op_sharpen=1

http://resources.shopstyle.com/sim/d2/54/d254bbb84d01a720cff34925a7009e16/volcom-swell-teen-guys-shirts-morrison-vneck-tee.jpg

http://s7.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/92776180.jpg

Sure, there may be a little bit of this stuff but idt theres enough comparatively. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.