How to prevent attacks in SL?

bessi222

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3953 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just know that you can't take that personally, follow all the good advice here and know that it has happened to all of us.  When it first happens it is such a shock that you don't know what to do, later you learn to get the name of the person/object and can choose whether or not to file an abuse report.  In my first few months I was caged one time and attacked at my home with flying saw blades, it freaked me out but I learned to deal with it - and also with sandbox griefers... find a nice quiet one or rent a place for your home where you can rez your own purchases.

Good luck to you and enjoy sl

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Anaiya Arnold wrote:

I have a
you sit on that does this for me.  I picked it up from Sirena hair shop.  You rezz it, sit on it, and up it goes.  On arrival at its scripted height, it rezzes into a nice big platform.

Yes, there are various ones around.  I have one myself I picked up free from TIPTOP.  My EasyTool rezzes one.  I think there's a free version of Mysti-Tool that will rezz one also.

The Phoenix/Firestorm viewers have this built in by command line entry with rezplat. 

lol, i got trapped once too and couldn't get out of it until i saw a tree with a poseball close by.  I clicked on the ball and sat on it.  Popped right out of the trap.  And thanks to my handy dandy mysti-tool i was able to trap the trapper and continued to click on the trap option in the menu to keep him in there until we'd had a little chat about being courteous and civil and acting maturely.  Then I tped out and the trap automatically derezzed.  I also like that the mysti-tool tells you in chat when someone is approaching you and how far they are away.  Also lists the closest avatars to you on your screen.

Since double-click tp came along, the sort of simple cages griefers use are a bit pointless.

Mind you, I did like the chap who once caged me in a sandbox, and then started firing missiles at me, which, of course, bounced of the side of the cage he'd thoughtfully provided, leaving me in peace to AR him and his cage before tp-ing out of it.

I remember before the latest incarnation of Havok ..... The old 'Blitz' glitch.

Back then, reporting someone for using that was all but impossible - it usually ended up crashing clients on lower end machines or requiring a relog on better ones before trying to send in a report.

Griefers hated me because I did use it on them - and sitting didn't help you with these things. The glitch was so bad that the moment you stood up, you were rocketed so high, so fast that the client got cofuzzled. 

• 1 year later...

if linden labs still allows stuff like this to be used theres the no ress hud blocker it has a menu that pops up were yes and no are able to be picked but the griefer will not be shore what it is for so most likely they may click yes just to get reed of it but it works it blocks all anti griefer or griefer and combat huds here is the web link to it

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Block-Hud-NO-REZ-ULTRA-DISCOUNT/4520442?

420 linden price seems to be good for what it can do and if this is not allowed by linden labs pleas let me know thanks for reading have a nice time:3

hi this will work if you use it it stops all griefer anti griefer and combat huds of the target untell the leave or you turn it off or detach it dos no harm at all it just stops huds from being used of the type it blocks and if this is not allowed by linden labs now sense the time i buy one then pleas let me know cos i just want a tos friendly way to solve this problem and yes i report griefers to the sim owner or the admin or manager but this helps keep the griefer from making things worse before any thing can be done and i think thats a plus have a nice life all of you:3

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Block-Hud-NO-REZ-ULTRA-DISCOUNT/4520442?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3953 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.