Can I review a store somehow?

Airway

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I purchased an item in world over 24 hours ago.  I was charged but do not have the item.  I've made numerous attempts to contact the store.  I've been unable to find a redelivery terminal or a group joiner that would allow me to ask a question in a group.  I'm quite shocked that such a large store has a web site, blog, and basically no customer service for issues like this.  I have submitted a ticket requesting a refund for the item.  What is also concerning is the transaction history shows a diffent item than the one I intended to purhcase.  The amount though is correct.

I know I can review products purchased in the marketplace but is there any way to review a store in a situation like this?  Any other suggestions on what I could do?

I think leaving a notecard and IM to the store owner, as it sounds like you've done, is the perfect start. Not everybody is able to log in everyday, so I'd wait a few days to see what response you get.

The merchant will most likely happily redeliver the item for you, but is probably just busy with RL work. In my experience, the vast majority are great like that, but you just have to give them time.

Out of interest, did you purchase the item through a scripted vendor, or by buying box contents? 

In all fairness, over 24 hours ago could be 25 or 26?  I would give the merchant a day or two as they could have been away for the weekend.  But, to answer your question, no there is no place for you to flame them other than what you create such as your Facebook or Twitter account.

There is no way to review an inworld store.

Keep in mind that some shop owners are not online every day. He or she will probably get back to you as soon as he/she gets the message - IF he/she gets the message, since SL sometimes eats messages for various reasons. Give it another day or so, then try again to contact them. Patience is a virtue in cases like this.

The item is a skin.  I was going to get some other items at the same store such as the matching shape but fortunately I didn't.  I don't believe this was a boxed item, but I'm not certain.

Tiffy Vella wrote:

I think leaving a notecard and IM to the store owner, as it sounds like you've done, is the perfect start. Not everybody is able to log in everyday, so I'd wait a few days to see what response you get.

The merchant will most likely happily redeliver the item for you, but is probably just busy with RL work. In my experience, the vast majority are great like that, but you just have to give them time.

Out of interest, did you purchase the item through a scripted vendor, or by buying box contents? 

When I look in my transaction history the item listed is not the item I intended to purchase.  It's a different skin at the same price.  If they send me the item and go off of that, I won't get the item I want.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I am curious why you would want a refund for the item rather than the item itself. Could you explain that?

Airway wrote:

When I look in my transaction history the item listed is not the item I intended to purchase.  It's a different skin at the same price.  If they send me the item and go off of that, I won't get the item I want.

Your last comment reads significantly different than your first post.  Are you saying now you did get your product, it just was not what you wanted?

If they have placed a wrong product in the vendor, then that is deceptive and you can report that to LL under an abuse report.  If this is just an error on your buying the wrong thing, it is more than likely a copy no transfer skin. 

Also, if you made a purchase and got nothing for that purchase, then there too you should file an AR if they do not respond.

Is it possible you bought an item from the wrong vendor and realized it later? I don;t mean to be the devil's advocate however, on a copy and no transfer item (which skins usually are) this is not something may merchants will support you on and is why they have demos.

I have received
nothing
.  I noticed the inaccuracy in the transaction history when I went to copy the information in the initial message I sent to the seller.  I went back to the store to see if I perhaps selected the wrong skin, and this is unlikely.  I had to search for the one listed in the transaction.  It wasn't anywhere near the one I intended to putchase.

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

Airway wrote:

Your last comment reads significantly different than your first post.  Are you saying now you did get your product, it just was not what you wanted?

If they have placed a wrong product in the vendor, then that is deceptive and you can report that to LL under an abuse report.  If this is just an error on your buying the wrong thing, it is more than likely a copy no transfer skin. 

Also, if you made a purchase and got nothing for that purchase, then there too you should file an AR if they do not respond.

Is it possible you bought an item from the wrong vendor and realized it later? I don;t mean to be the devil's advocate however, on a copy and no transfer item (which skins usually are) this is not something may merchants will support you on and is why they have demos.

One thing you should be aware of is that a purchase transaction is 100% the buyer's responsibility.  The seller commits no action to approve, deny, or futz with the purchase.  (>_<)

That said, when you bought this item, did you click the "Buy" button or "Pay" button.  Any further actions will rely on this information. (^_^)

Buy: If you didn't get something, it's Linden Lag's[sic] fault.  You can open a support ticket with the lab with the transaction number from your transaction history.  You may ask the seller to see if they'll re-send, but, they're under no requirement to act upon your request. (^_^)

Pay: Did you notice drop down boxes spamming you when you made your purchase?  If so, that was your item.  If you declined the inventory offer, you rejected exactly what you paid for.  On the other hand, if you got no drop down box, then the item delivery script is faulty and you can take this issue up with the seller.  If the seller refuses to address you in regard to this transaction, there is an Abuse Report category called "Refusal to deliver goods/services"... Feel free to report the bugger and the lab will deal with them accordingly. (^_^)

In the end; Caveat emptor.  If you want a soapbox, start a blog. (^_^)y

If the seller recieves your messages, it's more likely that he or she would (re)send the skin. The seller has no proof that you did not recieve the item other than your word; in their point of view, it's possible that you DID recieve the item and now are complaining simply because you also want to get the payment back, cheating them out of the money. Not saying that you did or would do this, but it happens. If they send you the skin, they're out nothing even if you recieved it already (as it's probably no-transfer). If they refund the money, they lose out.

IF you're absolutely certain you clicked "Buy" or "Pay" on the correct vendor, you can ask the seller to check and make sure the vendor is properly stocked with the correct item. If it is not, I'm sure he or she would be happy to send you the item that SHOULD have been in that vendor in the first place.

Airway wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

I am curious why you would want a refund for the item rather than the item itself. Could you explain that?

That still doesn't explain why you are asking for money instead of the thing you meant to purchase.

I would say that most merchants have a policy of no refunds for items that cannot be returned, for what I would think would be obvious reasons.  I never cease to be amazed that people who have been in SL for any length of time think they are due refunds for copyable items that cannot be returned.

The fact that you are looking for a place to "review" (ie smear) a merchant publicly because they have not responded to your IMs makes me wonder how you may have worded your message(s) -- did they perhaps contain any kind of threat? Because in SL, threats get you absolutely nowhere and nothing -- esp when you want a merchant to believe that both that 1) you bought something other than what the transaction history shows and 2) you did not receive anything at all, since of course you have no proof of either and must depend entirely on the merchant's good will.

And no, LL will not get involved in resident disputes.

I do not wish to "smear" anyone.  I was simply wondering if there was a place that one could provide feedback on a seller (good or bad) that may be helpful to other shoppers.  It would be nice to give a thumbs up to some sellers as well.  There are very constructive ways to comment on a transaction gone wrong that don't involve insulting or attacking the seller.  For example, not having a redlivery terminal or a group chat available might be something I would note.  Simply facts.

The notecard I sent the seller contained a copy of the transaction and a statement from me that the item is not in my inventory.  I would have had no reason to threaten anyone.

Airway wrote:

What is also concerning is the transaction history shows a diffent item than the one I intended to purhcase.  The amount though is correct.

If the vendor you paid to was correct one, this might be because the merchant made a simple mistake in packing the contents or omitted to rename the vendor. Anyway if you let them know what you found on your transaction is not what you really intended to purchase, they should check if the vendor contains the right skin and if not, they will send you the right skin if they have common sense.

Also did you check your inventory to see if the item referenced in your Transaction History is there? Perhaps you inadvertantly clicked and bought from the wrong vendor and received the item you (accidentally) purchased. But since it wasn't what you expected to receive, it has escaped your notice?

Airway wrote:

I do not wish to "smear" anyone.  I was simply wondering if there was a place that one could provide feedback on a seller (good or bad) that may be helpful to other shoppers.  It would be nice to give a thumbs up to some sellers as well.  There are very constructive ways to comment on a transaction gone wrong that don't involve insulting or attacking the seller.  For example, not having a redlivery terminal or a group chat available might be something I would note.  Simply facts.

The notecard I sent the seller contained a copy of the transaction and a statement from me that the item is not in my inventory.  I would have had no reason to threaten anyone.

Oh I think it's pretty clear what kind of "review" you wanted to give this merchant :-)  I agree that 24 hours is a pretty long time to wait for a response, but it is not uncommon in SL, and the point is that you were looking for a place to "review" the merchant before you spoke to him. And I notice that this is not the first time you inquired about a place to "review" someone, in this case, a sim owner for banning from his own land whomever he wanted to ban: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion/Trouble-with-Sim-owner/m-p/1368067

Absolutely agree Pamela...that's the kind of customer that i try to avoid at all costs. Airway, 24 hours is NOt so long. Have a bit of patience and give a chance to the merchant before attempting to discredit him with bad reviews. BTW be sure that you picked the product that you wanted. Be sure that you are not complaining for your own mistake by have picked the wrong vendor box...(which having read all, probably you did)

Wow! Imnotgoing Sideways!

Let the Buyer Beware! Not very sensitive on your part. Do you not remember the frustration you felt when you were first learning to buy in second life? You act as if she should already know everything. Be a little more patient and sensitive to how she is feeling right now. You have so much wisdom to share that all came from your own learning experiences. I love that you share that wisdom with her, but the attitude at the end just totally ruined it for me. If you want to share your vast knowledge, do so in the spirit of a loving heart.

Pamela Galli: You must be a vendor. I see no reason for you to be getting abusive to this person because of her inquirty to rate a vendor inworld. Your accusatory tone is so not necessary. You owe her an apology for getting up on your soapbox and using her as a scapegoat.

Rosalee Rhiadra wrote:

Pamela Galli: You must be a vendor. I see no reason for you to be getting abusive to this person because of her inquirty to rate a vendor inworld. Your accusatory tone is so not necessary. You owe her an apology for getting up on your soapbox and using her as a scapegoat.

Oh, hi Airway, welcome back :-)   Why did you delete your post about wanting to "review" the sim owner who banned you (in the other thread)?

You never did explain why you are asking this merchant to give you money instead of the skin you bought. Why is that?

I've read through the thread and everyone's responses which, for the most part, were very reasonable.  The thing that jumped out at me was that notion of writing a bad review to punish the store for what might have been delivery failures caused by a marketplace glitch.  As for the item in transaction history, people have offered a number of plausible explanations above as well as explaining that 24 hours isn't a long time.  I mean seriously, the person could have come down with the flu.

The "I'm pissed and i want to write a scathing review to retaliate" is exactly why the marketplace product reviews should have a level of governance around them or be removed.  

My two cents (L$5)

As a builder, merchant, customer, and resident, I understand the frustration from all sides.  Lots of good advice has been given.  I know I can't be on 24/7 to assist my customers and sometimes RL can take me away for more than just 24 hours (i.e. illness, death in the family, unexpected emergencies, work).  I do the best I can to be responsive and assist as much as I am able...most merchants I know are the same way, but there is a limit.

Did you contact the merchant politely by notecard or IM?  Many people make jokes about their IMs getting capped, but if you are a merchant, it happens more often than not. If you sent an IM, you might want to drop a dated notecard....naming the card with you name and a purcahse issue with the date...then inside go into to details. And, remember,  it may take some time for the merchant to unravel what happened.  Yes, I know you may have to wait for your product, but the same would happen in RL. 

And as others have said, there is no universal place to make comments on inworld purchases.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.