is it possible to be sick of life but not be depressed?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A person might need a mental illness in order to want to run a Country.

On the days I did nothing; nothing happened. To have plans, you must make plans.

I'm most happy when the people in my company are happy. If I see someone who is not happy, I feel obliged to recognize that person.

I hope that the OP finds new interest.

The OP is not ill, they have reached one of life's frontiers, in a sense they are lucky, not many reach this and are able to express it in such a way that others that have reached and past that frontier can see it and know where they are, as for a cure they don't need one, because when they reach a point of confusion they take active action to clear it up, what you have seen in this thread is just that, how a perfectly sane person makes sense of a very insane world.

Bouttime Whybrow wrote:

wow i really enjoyed that ceka! great lyrics. i have to think on them more but at first blush it sounds like they are saying what seems impossible is not, it is actually quite possible,  with enough time and effort all things will come to be.

thank you for turning me on to them.
:)

they are some powerful lyrics ..

i really love this part..it's about the world trying to dumb us down by technology and distractions and cell phones and occupying our minds..making us see what they want us to see..keeping us quiet..

when you are down or depressed dig and keep digging  to gain your freedom..

express yourself with the gifts you have ..

we are too powerful to let defeat happen..our fate lies in keeping sharp and keeping those around us from tipping over as well..keeping them grounded..them keeping us grounded..remaining united..because divided we are screwed..

There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

Defeat is impossible.

Your weapons are already in hand.

Reach within you and find the means by which to gain your freedom.

Fight with tools.

Your fate, and that of everyone you know

Depends on it.

this is another favorite of mine from them..

Stand Up!

Bouttime Whybrow wrote:

my main point is that some people have good cause to be depressed and the answer is not to change themselves but to change the situation........but when that is not possible, they are stuck and it is not their fault.

You nailed it.

When people seek therapy, the therapist always, always gives them 'coping techniques' or medicates them so that they become numb to the events around them - both of which give free reign for the events to continue and no real changes ever come to pass.

This isn't 'healing', 'treating' or 'curing' anything. It's teaching people to turn a blind eye to things, even if it means at the expense of their own health.

Drink the Koolaid!

/end rant

Yes it is possible to be sick of life..to me we live in a very artificial world. Our ancestors worked from dawn to dark, just to most times survive. Now days, we have cable TV with 15 different views on the world, all vying for your attention, so of course everything has to be and sound alot worse than it is to provide the proper drama to keep you entertained. The internet is full of the same, working you into a frenzy about some such nonsense or another.

No one is stuck, if its a bad marraige, or a horrid job..find your hope, find your faith that even the slightest thing you do today to either get out or cope, is a win for you. Frankly we have way too much time on our hands now days, so perhaps you could find a volunteer situation that would put some air under your wings. But get off Fox news, stay out of politics, move yourself forward every day in any way you can. List making works wonders for a sense of accomplishment.

Even in the midst of war torn Europe, a young Jewish girl found hope and faith in a book called the Diary of Anne Frank, i sincerely hope you find yours.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.