Commission Discount Promotion has started!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thanks but once again LL has messed up, I am getting commission taken from a lot of my sales. NONE are over 10,000L's at all, in fact none are over 1,000L so I do not see why commissions are still being taken. I thought what a nice gift for LL to do this then when I saw commission still being taken I was very disappointed.Merchants CHECK YOUR SALES.....Not all are commission free as promised!

SInce this commission discount started I have been giving a 5% refund on every marketplace sale across the board on all the accounts/brands I run. It doesn't cost me very much in the grand scheme of things and has lead to some really positive interaction with customers. I send them the 5% refund then just a short IM saying "Hi, thanks for purchasing an item from [insert store name] on the Marketplace. it's zero commission for merchants this weekend, so I just thought I would pass this saving on to you! Thanks for your business and have a nice day". 

I reckon 75% of the people I contacted replied and engaged me in conversation either to say thanks or because they didn't understand my message fully, or to grumble about the MP in general. Whatever the reason it has been a perfect excuse to engage with customers and to dabble in a bit of self promotion and the occasional sneaky sales pitch. It's all lead to allot of return business already today.

You guys should give it a try.

Uhmmmmmm

We all need to remember WHY LL gave us this 3 day 0% commissions break.

This was not a promotional offer from LL.  This was a token of LL's apologies for the Valentines Day Masacre where many of us lost a ton of sales / revenue that for the critical hours of the busiest shopping day in MP  (not me as I dont get sales spikes on Vday but those that make and sell Vday stuff),

For some of us that dont normally make sales on V-Day (like me), this commission free day was a nice little bonus.  But for those of you that worked hard to prepare for that huge single day of sales on V-day, the little commissions that you received from LL these past 3 days will not make up for the 12+ hours of sales that most were not deferred but lost.

So depending on what Vday means to you as a Merchant - this was a small bonus or it was a drop in the bucket to what sales LL lost for you on the V-Day Masacre.

I still appreciate the token offer but I am also still waiting for LL Commerce Team to provide details of exactly what they did to ensure that another V-Day Masacre will not happen again.

THAT would be a much higher sense of appreciation from me.

Not forgetting why this promotion was run. Agree with you that it probably could not replace lost revenues for Valentine's Day Merchants, and that it would be helpful to know more about what actually went wrong on the 14th.

Trying to look to the future and encourage this type of "positive" activity again (as it seems there are some dark days coming but not relevent to this thread).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.