I NEED HELPPPPPPPPPPP

drenusha2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Yup, unfortunately this falls under "user error" and the Lindens would consider it a resident-to-resident dispute. In fact, it is written in the Terms of Service that you should not disclose your password to anyone, and that they are not responsible for what may happen if you choose to do so. Change your password immediately, if you still have access to your account. If you had payment information on file and your friend used your credit card to buy more $L, you can dispute the charges with your credit card company, but if what they took was solely from inside SL - existing $L, items, etc - you are out of luck. Chalk it up to a learning experience, and move on, as others have said.

If your so-called friend has bought L$ using your credit card, while it might be a good idea to report the matter to the police, I'm not sure I would advise disputing the charge with the credit card company.   If you do, the credit card company are going to take the money from LL to put back into your credit card account, and LL are not going to be too happy about it.

As others have said, we're not supposed to give our passwords to anyone else, and LL make it clear in the ToS that, if we do, we're responsible for what those people get up to while they're using our accounts.   And that includes using payment methods we've associated with the accounts.   So I'm pretty sure LL will take the attitude that you're responsible for anything your former friend charged to your account.

Sorry, but I really think you are out of luck, and will just have to change your password, if possible, and write this one off to experience.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.