Problem with Login Screen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So here is the problem as I see it. There are so many great locations to choose from and by simply clicking on them it will take you straight there when you login, but...

Start1.JPG

Do you remember what you wore when you logged off?

Start2_001.png

There is no option to change outfits first or even a button for “Remember This Location” (for after I get dressed). Anything would help really. Remember location or change outfits I am not picky, what do you think?

Yes they need to add save as LM.

The first place I found this missing was years ago in profile picks, you only have the option to view on map or to teleport NOW, if you are busy at the moment and can not go now so you most likely never will. However you could try to keep the profile open but minimized and hope you remember what it is and why it is there after you have finished whatever business you were engaged in when you found it... not likely.

Yes. A save for later button or copy landmark option would be good.

Right now, a work around if you are interested, is to choose the destination. It will put some words and numbers in your start at field. Right click and copy it. Log in to a safe location if you don't remember what you were wearing and care.

Now, open up your viewer's browser bar at top, navigation bar it's called. If you click the white space, you will see a slurl, replace the last part of it, the name and numbers, with what you copied. Now you have the location and can teleport after you get dressed.

It's more wordy than it actually is in practice but can save you from tping into Venice in your panties. :)

I agree about the "remember" this location button. On the other side, i am not sure if is technically feasible to change outfits offline.

Always i relog at home. So no problem if i am fully dressed or no. When occasionaly my region is not available i am moved always to Safe Hub so same time i teleport to an alternative direction.

Btw i hope soon LL to fix this option in order to have in our log in screen at least our favorites. It does not work for me so far.

Oh, Love! I used to have that problem too! 

There is a fix, let me think...

Ok, this is how I fixed mine, although it seems like yours are not showing at all. Basically, it has to do with display names.

Read the permalink comments under Luc's answer to see what I did. Good luck.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/Favorites-at-log-in-not-changing/qaq-p/857691/comment-id/7067#M7067

• 3 months later...

Keli Kyrie wrote:

So here is the problem as I see it. There are so many great locations to choose from and by simply clicking on them it will take you straight there when you login, but...

Start1.JPG

Start2_001.png

There is no option to change outfits first or even a button for “Remember This Location” (for after I get dressed). Anything would help really. Remember location or change outfits I am not picky, what do you think?

I created a Jira to add a new feature: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-28824

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Start1.JPG

Start2_001.png

I created a Jira to add a new feature:

I wouldn't complain one bit if I logged in on your bed.

Not one bit at all.  ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.