Sim Traffic and advertising and traffic, encouraging visitors

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

Pay people to be there or give away freebies, in lucky chairs for instance.  You'll get loads of afk campers and thousands of bots almost all the time.  Unfortunately none of them will do anything than take whatever's free.

But if the land that the bots are on, unless they are set as scripted agents, or the paid people are on is set to show in search, it's a violation that can get a suspension.

Word of mouth will be your biggest form of advertisement.

Forget all those ad agencies and crap, they're only there to take your money and despire what you might like to think, your interests aren't their top priority(in other words offering an inferior service that  *sometimes works and offers you traffic, is good enough for them...blah).

Get out onto the grid, pass out NCs, get little people on your sim and get them to bring their friends. Advertise in kid friendly groups that permit ads (there are tons). If you DO choose to go the lucky chair type route you actually can and have it really draw in actual people. There are groups specific to kids that are always looking for new sims/creators to ad their boards/chairs/etc.... Tons of kids in them, but very few creators take advantage of this.

Get involved in kids hunts. Talk to people that have kid friendly sims (especially things like adoption agencies and such). Do a swap for swap. You provide a place for them to advertise and in return they offer you a spot. Could be as simple as one little prim that offers a LM or TP to your sim. I don't know why more creators don't utilize this too, they should. Kid avs are always looking for new places to go that aren't either empty or full of idiots.

Give them a reason to come, and they'll stay. Your first problem will be getting them there in the first place. That's where the things like events, hunts, chairs, boards, freebies, and things like this are enticing, and helpful. They don't have to be the ONLY thing, but combined with other methods they are far more helpful than some realize. They won't just turn into bot farms or afk spots...assuming you make the rest of the sim worth sticking around. They'll come for the free food and stay for the entertainment, basically. If your entertainment sucks though, they won't stay.

Get kids to visit!

Use social media, twitter, facebook, this forum, flickr, everything.

I've got SL snapshots on flickr that have been seen hundreds of times, they all have a slurl to our sim.

We badly wanted to get more kids to visit our sim, so we had a special Kids weekend in our sim, spread the word, had some special events, kids oriented freebies, etc, etc.

Find out who the people in SL are who are important to the scene you're trying to reach, get them to visit your sim, get kids groups to tell their members about you, etc, etc.

Yep, Tara seems to covered all the bases....you'd be wise to devise a plan around her suggestions.

I'm not sure about spending money on Classified, as they don't seem to be as effective as years gone by......youu might try placing a token advert for say 100 L....so at least you have some presence there.

Jo Yardley wrote:

Find out who the people in SL are who are important to the scene you're trying to reach, get them to visit your sim, get kids groups to tell their members about you, etc, etc.

that the best advice ever to get ppl to come

when they do come then work hard on setting the scene where they can be comfortable with interacting with each other. is heaps of pretty and wonderful looking sims of all kinds all over, but no one harldy ever goes to lots of them after the first 1 or 2 times. is the ppl we meet on them that pretty much the deal breaker

• 4 years later...

rainbow Fairymeadow wrote:

For the life of me, I cant see WHY you would answer like that.. so crappy! People come to the forums to ask questions and get help, not to get smart pants answers like this one

pretty usefull reply after nearly 4.5  years... message was posted 01-20-2012 10:55 AM

Alwin Alcott wrote:

For the life of me, I cant see WHY you would answer like that.. so crappy! People come to the forums to ask questions and get help, not to get smart pants answers like this one

pretty usefull reply after nearly 4.5  years... message was posted
01-20-2012
10:55 AM

I am sure Peter has been checking this thread daily for a response.

Speak for yourself, please. I often only come here to read the hilarious replies.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.