Neighbourhoods like the old days.

RoyalGuardMedi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would think after the new "hide avatar" feature was introduced, which prevents people camming you, there would be more of these reappearing. Paired with a nice security system you can allow neighbors come knocking or be as private as you'd want. I've made a community similar to what you're asking about but not as suburban. But if I were you I wouldn't lose faith about finding one :)

Interestingly, I think these places DO exist, but they are mostly popular in the family role-playing and child avatar communities.  For example, check out Willowdale (Search for the sims Old Willowdale or New Willowdale or Willowdale Farms)... or Pleasantville, or Little Wonders or any of a bazillion other similar communities.  My guess is that Willowdale is probably the least child avatar focused of these communities that I'm familiar with, but I don't know them all.  These places have houses arranged in neighborhoods with roads, and community-supported activities and spaces to interact together.

Outside of the child/family community, I rarely see big residential areas like this succeeding, though; everything gravitates toward the model of grids of plots separated by narrow ditches with a foot or so of water.

I dont know about that Camille, I"m one who also likes the "neighborhood" , on the ground , set up. And I have no child avatar, no desire to live around them , or do the "family" rp.  I like community. And I"ve found others who feel the same way. Theres a definate market of people looking for established walkways, roads, and streetlamps.

The scattered , haphazard motif is the one that is unattractive to me.

There may be six of one but there's definately a half dozen of the other.

Do those types of people tend to be more oriented to rp of some sort? Probably. Since to rp itself suggest interaction.

There are those who came to chat with their closed circle of friends and want a skybox to not have to mix with "everybody" and there are those who came to have a "life" (as in second life) that is not their offline one. And life means being in the soup with a community.

The "problem" is people who don"t appreciate that someone's home is exactly that. It may look fascinating as all get out to you as you pass by but that does not mean waltz in. Or cam in . THAT is probably what led to a lot of people's opting for skyboxes. If its too "awkward " for you to speak to me and (surprise surprise) be ASKED in then don't worry about what's in someone else's home. Oh to have the constrainsts of rl. So then its a Respect issue. But thats a whole kettle of fish no one asked me to open......

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.