First land buy

Jeenkie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all !! I have been looking at a parcel that is 4608 m in size with a prim usage count of 5236 and parcel supports count of 1054 . According to the chart I have been using for pricing a land of that size, it should come with a capacity of around 937 ( at 4096 m per chart ) This parcel having a bit more at 4608 m . How is the prim count that high and would I have to pay extra for the additional prim count or would the land come with a count closer to what the chart would indicate for it's parcel size ? Can I or should I IM the land owner directly for details? Not sure how this end of the deal works . Thanks !!

The chart you are using only shows the standard prim count for standard lot sizes.  On a private estate, the estate owner can arrange lots with land or water in between that is not sold, but remains owned by the estate, then assign the prims that that land would normally support to the lots for sale, thus giving you more prims than the standard amount.for the lot size.

This is how 'double prim' lots work.  The estate owner only sells half the land on the sim and reassigns the other half of the sims prims supported by the land not for sale to the lots for sale.

Generally the tier or 'rent' is higher on lots with more than the standard prim allotment. People like them because there is space between them and their nearest neighbors, thus giving more privacy and the sim being more open in appearance.

So you have a choice, you can get a larger lot that supports the standard prim amount, or a smaller lot with higher prim support and perhaps more privacy, for the same amount of money.

Jeenkie wrote:

The land is owned by Govener Linden ans the group is Maintenance. Would that make it estate land ? I am pretty sure it is on the mainland. Thanks for your help ! : )

It's Mainland

The only places Mr Linden offers a double-prim bonus are Bay City, Shermerville and Nautilus sims....everywhere else will be according to those Land/Prim charts you read.

If its owned by governor linden the prim counts look so off because the lindens likely have a protected lot somewhere on the sim, or another lot they own from having been abandoned.

SInce all those lots are owned by 'governor linden' it will add them all up for available. Likewise if it shows a lot of prims used, there may be a linden build on the sim, like what you get in Pruni where there is a whole park hidden away in the middle of the sim.

You need to look at "Parcel Land Capacity" - that should show the correct value.

Downtown Zindra also has double prim land, as well as a few spots in the middle of zindra and I think its south east end. There's not much double prim land in mainland, but its also not all concentrated in the 'obvious known spots'. Old teend grid that didn't move to join beside Bay City also still has some double prim land.

It's actually quite easy and logical:

Governor Linden land is NOT estate land, it's the standard LL land deal. You may only ourchase those once you're a premium member. So, that outta the way ... here goes:

4096 = 937 prims

512 = 117 prims

4096 + your tier-free 512 = 4608 = 1054 prims

The prim usage thing is meaningless, just look at the "Parcel Supports" part in land info.

Protip: buy it for  group and get extra 10% bonus land.

Ah.   You're looking at the total available prims, not just the prims supported by the individual parcel.  The Governor evidently owns  a lot more land in the sim.  Indeed, she must own over a third of the sim, to have that many of the 15,000 total prims a full sim can support.

Okay ... one more quick question. If the premium account is paid up front for the whole year, would I still have to pay the $5 per month land fee for 512m part of the 4608 parcel since I am not taking the "starter parcel land and or home". The 512m CAN be applied to the 4608m parcel making it 4096m and a land fee of $25. I hope I asked that correctly because reading it back just made my head hurt !! Thanks so much for everyones help !! : )

Yes that's right, the 4096 sq.m. tier level is in addition to the 512 sq.m. "bonus" tier, so you can own a total of 4608sq.m. at that tier level without having to pay for another additional 512.

In fact, you can own an additional 10% bonus over that, even, if the land is group-deeded.  Group-owned land has other advantages, too, but needs to be set up with some care, so perhaps that's better left for later, unless you need that extra size right away.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.