Marketplace Charges me money?

Molly Ocelot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 years later...

Buyer's Price (for delivered items): L$200

Distributions Total (for delivered items): L$38

Marketplace Commission (for delivered items): L$10

Your Total Earnings (for delivered items): L$152

I put something for sale on Marketplace for 200L and they take 48L that is close to 25% 

So, I think everyone that has a store inworld should markup all their items 25% and then note if purchased in world you will save 25%. I have been in this game for years, in the beginning there was no marketplace, you could search for anything you wanted and a landmark on that item would be there and when you clicked on it.. it took you right to that item, not just the store but the item itself. I think it should go back to that. These charges are getting a bit out of hand.

Natashaa Wingtip

Creations By Natashaa

Natashaa Wingtips wrote:

So, I think everyone that has a store inworld should markup all their items 25% and then note if purchased in world you will save 25%. 

Which would be in breach of the MP Listing rules under "Inflated listing price: in comparison with inworld or other e-commerce sites".

Natashaa Wingtips wrote:

Buyer's Price (for delivered items): L$200

Distributions Total (for delivered items): L$38

Marketplace Commission (for delivered items): L$10

Your Total Earnings (for delivered items): L$152

I put something for sale on Marketplace for 200L and they take 48L that is close to 25% 

So, I think everyone that has a store inworld should markup all their items 25% and then note if purchased in world you will save 25%. I have been in this game for years, in the beginning there was no marketplace, you could search for anything you wanted and a landmark on that item would be there and when you clicked on it.. it took you right to that item, not just the store but the item itself. I think it should go back to that. These charges are getting a bit out of hand.

Natashaa Wingtip

Creations By Natashaa

There has been some form of marketplace(albeit it went by different names, and was not run by LL) since before your av joined sl. It existed even in 2004, lol. So I'm not real sure what you mean by "in the beginning there was no marketplace". Some form of it has existed for a very, very long time. MP, although flawed as heck in some ways, and brilliant as heck in other regards is not some new concept. LL just wanted to, obviously, have that money others were making off those systems. I say systems, because there was more than one, at any given time, for quite a while.

If you want to make more profit off your MP sales, you can either A-stop paying commission to others(aka, stop splitting profit) or B-charge more. Those really are your only options. The MP commission took out exactly what it was supposed to take out. That additional $38, as already pointed out, was money YOU willingly told the MP to pay to someone else-a split profit. You set that up yourself. The MP didn't do that and LL didn't take those funds, you sent them to someone else.

You can't inflate your MP prices over your inworld prices, it's not allowed. That's not to say people don't do that, people do a lot of things they're not supposed to. But it does go against the MP guidelines, and it IS spelled out very clearly in the guidelines(so, no real excuse to breaking it).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.