It has been said a few times, but SOPA!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIuYgIvKsc  <---- A way to stop SOPA, Its funny just like the LibSL Clients in Second Life the companies going for SOPA are the ones actually hosting and making pirating DRM removal programs. I support things like DRM Removal when you legally purchase something as DRM in Books, and games, and music makes it a pain to share legit content which you have legally purchased between your other devices and such.

Pass it on to your friends if you do not wan't SOPA, Even if their video gets removed I will ReUpload it with hundreds/Thousands of accounts on YouTube that is.

People who are against SOPA, Lets pass this on, and make this go Viral.

http://www.aclu.org/  Do not forget about the ACLU its free to send notices.

http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/23097#post  <---- The Debate

Support our United States Constitution, Do not let the U.S start internet censorship which will effect many users of many MMORPG based titles, games, and even users of Second Life.

GothGirl Demonia wrote:

<---- A way to stop SOPA, Its funny just like the LibSL Clients in Second Life the companies going for SOPA are the ones actually hosting and making pirating DRM removal programs. I support things like DRM Removal when you legally purchase something as DRM in Books, and games, and music makes it a pain to share legit content which you have legally purchased between your other devices and such.

Pass it on to your friends if you do not wan't SOPA, Even if their video gets removed I will ReUpload it with hundreds/Thousands of accounts on YouTube that is.

People who are against SOPA, Lets pass this on, and make this go Viral.

Do not forget about the ACLU its free to send notices.

<---- The Debate

Support our
United States Constitution,
Do not let the U.S start internet censorship which will effect many users of many MMORPG based titles, games, and even users of Second Life.

1)  The internet already IS CENSORED!  See bleep bleep bleeps, capice?  Not to mention inworld songs are also censored with bleep bleep bleeps.  Capice?  True pirate radio was to allow songs that were banned by governments simply because of an f-word or two. 

2)  A copyright is a copyright is a copyright.  I am for artists and some form of SOPA, but not in it's current form.  It should be for those who sell at least $100,000 dollars or more in pirated content, not $1,000.  As far as drugs being bought in Canada and mailed to the USA, I think that guy in the video has been taking a lot of those.  LOL  Or else he needs some medication?  All I could say to that guy is calm down, dude, or stop drinking so much coffee and eating so much sugar.  He's quite a "hyper".

3)  President Obama has to pass the bill.  After what this Congress has done to the American people while they haggle over the debt ceiling and budget cuts, does anyone think President Obama will pass that from Congress?  I'd say not a chance President Obama will sign that. 

4)  Interpretation:  Don't sweat it.  It's not going to pass this year, imo, not by Obama and not in an election year either.  The USA has bigger problems to worry about, and Congress is trying to pass this now?  It's not going to pass.  So, breathe and go enjoy SL.

Conclusion:  Wake up people, the internet is already censored!!!!!!!

"3)  President Obama has to pass the bill.  After what this Congress has done to the American people while they haggle over the debt ceiling and budget cuts, does anyone think President Obama will pass that from Congress?  I'd say not a chance President Obama will sign that."

Are you kidding??   He signed a bill allowing the military to scoop up US citizens within the borders of the US and hold them without charges just because he determines they MAY be providing material support to terrorists.  But only a terrorist organization HE doesn't obliquely support.  And that was after he publicly stated he wouldn't sign it if it crossed his desk.  And he routinely orders the killing of US Citizens not on an active battle field without trial in complete contravention of the Constitution he swore to uphold, protect and defend.  

So, you think he won't sign a bill which effectively gives him complete control over the internet, and the ability to arbitrarily shut down web sites that don't espouse his views under any pretext he can use?   I think you totally misunderstand Chairman Barry and his ultimate goals. 

Oh yes I do have Twitter, not sure exactly how it works though LOL, Twitter is very limited to the size of messages a person can post as well unless done in multiple messages, and really I did not find that twitter works that well unless you have a lot of followers so I never really bothered to use it much. I do have Twitter, FaceBook, Myspace, YouTube,etc. I dont always go by the same name but I am everywhere, and I am nowhere.

I actually usually use the sites when I post about things like this that actually get the most attention, such as gamer blogs and forums which are read and very popular MMO sites because it will effect a lot of gamers if it actually did get passed.

Also because of my two very popular MMO names which are registered across hundreds of message boards, I am able to get almost anything listed on google very fast with my user name on it such as things like SOPA, you so much as search for that and you will get thousands of posts which is a good thing because people have the right to know the truth about what SOPA is actually being used for such as internet censorship.

Right now because of the way the internet is, you can get your account banned from any forum over 1000 Times and go right back just by changing your IP address, or using TOR to register as many accounts as you want, I call that freedom pretty much lol, I mean most moderators on the gaming forums actually just lock a thread, so it still shows up in the google search ;).

http://news.mmosite.com/content/c/2012-01-01/anonymous_threatens_sony_on_supporting_sopa.shtml

Lynda Baran wrote:

So, you think he won't sign a bill which effectively gives him complete control over the internet, and the ability to arbitrarily shut down web sites that don't espouse his views under any pretext he can use?   I think you totally misunderstand Chairman Barry and his ultimate goals. 

On the contrary, it is you who totally misunderstands - the internet, specifically. There is nothing in the world that your president can do to take control of the internet.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Lynda Baran wrote:

On the contrary, it is
you
who totally misunderstands - the internet, specifically. There is nothing in the world that your president can do to take control of the internet.

I think she was referring to internet in America..not the world..

Although if this one passes the way it is..they would only be losing the control they did have and really make it hard to monitor..Let alone they would be hurting the economy in a huge way..Probably a few other countries as well would feel it..

it really depends on the amendments made to the bill at the time i guess as to what it will actually be opening up to be abused in the end..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.