Morph Picture [comments ans suggestions welcome]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some people really really like them, to others they are really creepy. Kinda like those baby dolls that look lifelike? or china dolls..or clowns. It is like the uncanny valley of AI I think, it repulses some. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley

However, like I said, some people really are into it and there is obviously work and talent involved in the creation of them.

• Like 1

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Some people really really like them, to others they are really creepy. Kinda like those baby dolls that look lifelike? or china dolls..or clowns. It is like the uncanny valley of AI I think, it repulses some. 

However, like I said, some people really are into it and there is obviously work and talent involved in the creation of them.

I couldnt have said it better. And it is ALOT of work that goes into it. Just another form of Digital Art in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree.

I can appreciate the time investment and creative slant of Morphing, but its still feels a lttle odd.  taking a photo of a real man or woman and pasting a toons face on it.  errr.  Not for me.  To each his own.  Thats not to say that I haven't found myself impressed with a few of the complete images.  I have. I think its really just a matter of taste.  Morphing isnt for me.  :(

Peace and Happiness, always.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.