Slate Juliesse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What do you mean, "that is not allowed?" Unless you have already reached the limit on alts, you should be able to create one simply by logging out of the website, going to the main page, and choosing "create an account." You can't have multiple avatars on the same account, that's true - your account and your avatar are synonymous. But you can certainly have more than one account; they just won't be linked, and your new avi cannot have any of your old avi's inventory except the transferable items.

By "green, brown, or grey blur," what exactly do you mean? Is the entire screen one color? Is the whole screen blurry? Is only your avatar blurry? Can you see any HUD's you might be wearing? Can you read chat, or reach/see your inventory?

Do you use RLV? Some RLV devices can cause this if you are under restrictions.

ETA: I should have specified - of course you can have multiple avatar looks under one account, and you can even treat each of those avatars as separate "people," with their own shapes, skins, and even personalities. But you can't create an account, and then have different avatars under that account, as you can in some games. (For example, in one game I used to play you created your account, then could have up to four "characters" - one of mine was an archer, another a mage. Each was separate, yet linked to the same account - I would log in, then choose which character I wanted to play as, then be fully logged in. This can't be done with SL, as it's not really a game but more of a "life simulator." You can have each of those characters in SL, under your main account, but it's just a matter of changing what you're wearing to "create" each character.) Each account is it's own entirely separate entity, with LL not acknowledging in any way that their user is the same person. It's kind of hard to explain, but yes, you can have more than one account at the same time.

There is a difference between avatar and account. Of course my account is Orca Flotta, and I have a few alt accounts for tests and for when Orca is ghosted somewhere. But even that account can be different avatars. I can be a tiny, a furry, a robot and whatnot ... just that they are all Orca Flotta.

Slate, try wearing another skin, or make a character test, wear the noob outfit from your outfits folder and then rebuild yourself from grround up. There are various ways to get your old self back.

try to set all your graphics settings to low before you log in..you can get to prefrences in the upper left corner at the log in screen..then when you get in world see if this helps..if so then you can slowly adjust your way to higher settings..

it's worth a try if you hadn't tried it yet..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.