What are some of the nicest Second Life compliments you’ve ever received?

Linden Lab

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Nicest compliment?

Hrm... I tend to just throw a ty back and get back to screwing up whatever I'm screwing up. I mean, do what you do, and do it. Let it get to your head, and you're doing it all for the wrong reasons.

Av design, well, that's just assembling the work of others. The Five Islands is collaborative, I just brought the folks together and did the park, and even that's all stuff others make and sell, right?

It's when I get an IM from someone asking if they can read one of my stories or things at an open-mike somewhere. Kinda cool, knowing I wrote something folks get a kick out of, it speaks to them or hits a chord, or when something like A Night On The Beach gives 'em a Hallmark moment.

Rich Palmer/DeSoto's playing with "No Copy/No Mod" and improvising that verse for the venue, making up some crazy story each time.. busts me up every time. That's way up there, something you pick up, polish a bit, hand off, smoothed out a bit more, gussied up and such.

-ls/cm

I've had my profile and First LIfe photo favourably commented on, which is always pleasing, and many thanks from people I mentored, but the comments that I've appreciated most have concerned my builds in SL.

Comments such as: "Your sim made my day :)  thank you for that." or "Thank you for your efforts to make discworld come alive in second life." or "i have just discovwered your Ankh-Morpork....it's amaaaazing.... i just loved your sim so much and the fact you have worked so hard" and "Thank you so much for make this place! Its fun and realistic (as much as discworld CAN be) The different references are just hysterical!". 

Comments like these make the work worthwhile, even if I get little financial support.  I enjoyed doing the work of course, but knowing others appreciate it is very heartening. 

Janeel Kharg.

The nicest compliment Ive ever gotten in SL was when several people IM-ed me to tell they really liked a freebie I had put out at my shop

It was kind of funny since it was a mens 18th century suit..but both the girl and guys seemed to like it equally :D It was hilarious and made my week.

There was also the time when I was voice chatting with a girl and she told me I had a pretty accent:)

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.