how do i speak to my avatar

dragontie751

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

If you would like to speak to your avatar, you must download a viewer and log in. Your avatar will be there and open to communication.

If you would care to speak through your avatar, you will want to enable voice. Here is the frequently asked questions page:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Voice-chat-FAQ/ta-p/700171

It's what Rolig said.  You ARE your avatar.  You don't speak to her, you speak to OTHER avatars.  Otherwise, you are muttering to yourself.

There are many ways to speak and communicate in Second Life.  For people nearby, there is local text chat, and local voice chat.  For those far away, you can send text IMs or voice calls (sort of like using Skype).  You can speak to entire groups with a group IM or voice call.  You can create a Notecard and send it to another avatar, or send it to a group.

If you are really smart with software, you can create an avatar driven by a software AI program, and speak to them.  Do a google search on HAL chatbot.  But that is a very advanced topic...I suggest you explore Second Life for a few days or weeks first.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.