I think we're making progress. Thoughts On The November Update.

Perrie Juran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Do what you want.  You know there are options, if you decide not to take advantage of them, no one can force you.  But I, for one, will no longer bother offering you suggestions if you insist on dismissing them outright, so that you can continue complaining about the same things over and over again.

...Dres

First, I find this to be a very promising direction and I hope there are similar advances in customizability in future.

Second, I don't care whether the notification bubble things go in the upper right or lower right or anywhere else; I do wish, however, that they were more efficient to manage once they're open.  For that, I favor Argent's proposal to turn all that into an accordion widget.  (I'm not sure how the notification area got mixed up with where one actually reads IMs, which is wherever you last put the IM window.)

Third, I'm not enjoying the chatbar as an undockable floating window.  Maybe I'll eventually find a place to put it where it's not perpetually in the way, but I haven't found it yet.  That's not a huge issue for me because I usually have the chat history open anyway.  Ideally I'd want to recombine nearby chat and IM windows in the same tabbed frame, but I guess I'm in the minority on that because it was a very unpopular feature when introduced in viewer 1.

Finally, I'm pretty impressed with the pace at which new stuff is getting rolled out these days.  It's almost as if somebody competent is managing the place. :smileysurprised:

Qie Niangao wrote:

Third, I'm not enjoying the chatbar as an undockable floating window.  Maybe I'll eventually find a place to put it where it's not perpetually in the way, but I haven't found it yet. 

I dragged mine down to the lower left, in line with the bottom buttons, and pop the chat history open and closed as needed.

Qie Niangao wrote:

Finally, I'm pretty impressed with the pace at which new stuff is getting rolled out these days.  It's almost as if somebody competent is managing the place. :smileysurprised:

i know i have been saying this a lot lately..but i really do like our new CEO..A lot! hehehehe

i look forward to the future in a much more excited way than recent past..=)

Mayalily wrote:

As far as going back to Phoenix, that messaging system is at the top also from what I remember.

No it's not. All IMs and chats are at the bottom left. Notices are the the top right though, but notices aren't as frequent as IMs, so that doesn't bother me much. Phoenix is still my favorite viewer. Firestorm is horrible though. I'm gonna try Singularity too when I get a spare moment, but I doubt I'll be using any official viewer again anytime soon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.