Any updates on Direct Delivery?

Chelsea Malibu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's been in beta for well over a year and we where told by Brooke three weeks ago that we would have any update soon but I have yet to see anything new on Direct Delivery.  

Is this actually going to be a reality and if so, when?  I'm hearing it will fix many things with delivery and for us to just wait but no updates for a very long time.

Just this -- in the latest beta viewer there is a window thing at the bottom of inventory called something like "recieved items" and it says it is for things received from marketplace.  I have not looked for any corresponding thing to take the place of the magic box.

Brooke has promised this BLOG POSTED full disclosure update to the forum and merchant community several times and has to date has not delivered.

Countless forum topics, threads, postings, questions, requests have asked, begged, pleaded for Brooke or even ANYONE from the LL Commerce Team to finally come clean and shed light on the details of DD.  All we have got was more broken promises (as is a fact since Brooke promised shortly after her team's Sep 13th disaster of a change that she would very shortly post the details).

Myself, Darrius, and several others opened a thread in this forum asking formal legit questions about DD for her team to answer.  No one from LL responded to any questions.

So we are still stuck making educated guess from the little details we have heard (i.e. from what Brooke mentioned in the August SLCC) or from insider leaks from those Merchants in the know of inside LL operations or Beta testers that are quietly leaking details outside the forum.

Based on LL Commerce history, we have to assume that LL Commerce will deploy DD as soon a they feel the risk to Merchants and Shoppers is at a tolerable level (not gone - just at a level that LL's shoot from the hip deployment gut feel says IT SHOULD BE OK).  This would likely be before Xmas / holiday season.  BUT I suspect that because it looks like LL Commerce Team screwed up the MP DB / Index so bad that 6 weeks later the problem is still growing, that even for LL deploying DD with a corrupted indexed MP DB might be too risky.

So their Sep 13th screwup MIGHT be the Merchant community's saving grace that it MIGHT force LL to deploy DD after the new year and not destroy the MP during the busiest season of the year.

Sooooo we all sit and wait for Brooke to keep her promise.

So Pamela, that further comfirms that LL Commerce is continuing to deploy DD under the covers without ANY information from the team to us on how it exactly works, when things are happening for deployment, and without answering all our questions on how their CURRENT actual on-going DD deployment might risk our MP business operations.

What a sad team.

Your mention of the Holiday Season is what I am most concerned with.  Pre-Holiday shopping (decorations, etc,) is underway and the gift shopping season starts in a few weeks.  I really dread the idea of dealing with a new and pretty much untested system during holiday shopping season.

In fact, January is even worse as that is my biggest month of the year.

I'm pretty sure you can expect them to deploy DD any minunte now.

The reason I say this is that since Brooke and her people finally stopped "fixing" things for a while, I've had a great delivery rate, and my sales are just way, way up.

From their end, I'm pretty sure this must not be allowed to stand, so deploying DD is at least one possible way to introduce other code to bring my sales boom screeching to a halt, as has always been done before.

Not just me, mind you, but also anyone else whose sales are not any benefit to Malefactor Linden.

Josh? You didn't hear this from me but ....

Malefactor Linden just got a budget increase and hired two new assistants: Machiavelli Linden and Manson Linden.

(And that raises a whole new conspiracy theory .. about Lindens with a first name that starts with 'M' .... )

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Josh? You didn't hear this from me but ....

Malefactor Linden just got a budget increase and hired two new assistants: Machiavelli Linden and Manson Linden.

(And that raises a whole new conspiracy theory .. about Lindens with a first name that starts with 'M' .... )

Really?  I thought they had hired Can'tbebotheredtofixit Linden to take all the "no intention of fix" JIRA's away from Workingonit Linden?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.