Builder's Brewery Group Members Please Read

Sy Beck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not saying this is anything like what happened but 16.3 K members might have something to do with it.  It's a lead pipe cinche that no where near that many users are still active in SL........perhaps it was a "glitch" to get the active users to rejoin so that the group might be easier to manage and any group notices would be very much easier to distribute.  I can see where LL might force a thinning of the dead accounts (though I don't think they would unless there was some issue with resources).  I can, however see the owner of the group doing it for the same reasons as I mentioned and maybe connected to resources and time spent getting notices out.  I do wonder why no notification was issued before hand......maybe it was and go lost in the 16,300 notes that were sent out.  Just a guess because people getting ejected from groups because of glitches or bugs is something I've not heard happening before (yeah, there always is the first time).

Without a doubt the membership is going to be pruned.  As for the reasons behind what happened I'm not going to speculate all I can say is nobody got a kick notice (I certainly didn't nor a friend) that I've heard of from the people who were rejoining and at the moment all that I've heard regards the kick is that it was some bot went crazy.

@Ceka:  No kick notices as far as I'm aware, that's why people are trying to network the message around.  :smileysad:

P.S Thx :smileyhappy:

As a group officer, I can confirm that this was indeed unintentional, One of the strengths of the group is its member base and 'pruning' over 16000 members from the group is not something we would even consider. It is a major loss to the group. Unfortunately, no kick notifications were sent, so many members will be unaware for a while, but anyone who was ejected by this incident can simply rejoin now :)

I don't exactly know the cause of what happened either, but a bot, which manages some of the groups's tasks freaked out or malfunctioned and kicked everyone out.

It was a freak accident, and a pretty shattering experience for Builders' Brewery, especially Sensuous and Supremius.

Doors are open again, and we all hope you come back soon !

Garvie Garzo wrote:

I don't exactly know the cause of what happened either, but a bot, which manages some of the groups's tasks freaked out or malfunctioned and kicked everyone out.

It was a freak accident, and a pretty shattering experience for Builders' Brewery, especially Sensuous and Supremius.

Doors are open again, and we all hope you come back soon !

Builder's Brewery is one of SL's gems, as are Sup and Sen. Everybody get back in there!

;-)

I recently had to eject 7,000 mebers from my group who have not logged in in over 2 years. Because the group became too big to even be able to manage it. Perhaps the owner did the same to prune users so that they can actually manage user rolls and other things. When a group gets over 15,000 members it wont ever load right and cant manage users in rolls or ad or remove users from rolls

Even if that were the case I give them enough credit and intelligence that they would notify the group in advance to say that they were going to do it, the reason for doing it and then send out notices to that effect in increasing regularity leading up to the event.

Why would anyone want to dump without notice 95+% of their group and nearly 100% of their active members?

What exactly would be the glitch?  Wouldn't this happen on a larger scale to many groups?

Not trying to argue here. Just curious as to what the glitch would be... I have 6 large groups my self and have not seen any loss due to a glitch

Curious as to what I need to be watching for if there is a problem

a new glitch i guess happened as well..

now certain mega prims  have been black listed and builds that used them seem to be either missing or not rezzing from rezzors..

one of my pain in the butt to build builds fell victim to it as i tested it out earlier today to see if my builds were fine or not..

i heard someone saying they were tinkering around with things earlier this week.i wonder if their tinkering tanked a few things?

mine are in a rezzor..so i wonder if i went to rezz them if they would still work..

all that happened is the rezzor stopped the rezz because it couldn't find them on the asset server..

so if they are up then maybe i'll be ok hehehe..gonna test it out now lol

ETA: yup all is well now with my builds hehehe thanks for the  update =)

When the group was up around 16K+ users, though, the member list never, ever loaded for me. Anything can happen, I guess, SL has done some wonky things recently. I didn't get any bump notice either but came right back and rejoined once I found out what happened. BB is definitely one of SL's best resources. 

Haven't been online to garner any more info Dilbert.  Last I heard was that it was some bot they use for group admin or such that decided to go postal on them.  So I don't know whether it was code in the bot that when awry or LL changed something in the code they use for groups that sent the bot crazy. 

All I heard when I originally posted was that it was an SL glitch.  Broadly speaking I suppose that could be either the bot or SL itself depending on their interpretation.

The 'Glitch' was indeed a bot that was developed in house. The bot was developed to help us with group membership functions because the existing LL tools would not work with a group this size (group would not load, etc). Anywhoo....  the recent SL server OS upgrades as many know where causing a marked depreciation in sim performance, especially at busy times such as during classes or when several people TP into a sim at once. it was during one of these times that the bot seemed to get stuck in whatever it was doing at the time, and caused it to mass eject, We dont know the exact reasons why yet, it is still under investigation.

I hope this clarifies the situation :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.