Is this other sim LL or not?

NikCruze

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A friend of mine on SL had heard of another sim called 'Inworldz'.

After looking into it a little online (I am not making an acc there, I don't have the time for two sims lol), it appears to be so completely alike to SL  in so many ways that it is either an LL sim or it's ripping SL severely off!

The viewer people use for it is IDENTICAL to the phoenix V1 viewer.

Could someone please clarify the maker of this 'new' sim and put my mind at ease.

Thank you.

it's an open sim project ran by someone else using LL's open source platform pretty much..

there are a few of them around..

most of them lag pretty hard...i tried inworldz before and it wasn't as bad as the rest..it's kind of like going back in time to around 2006 in SL time..

for me anyways..

it's good to see some things like that..but i doubt they will ever catch up to the SL level as far as users...but you never know..

pretty much what they said...if you have your own server, you can have your own sims for free (inworldz) and they are all still laggy except for inworldz which is still a little laggy, but they dont have the same resources as LL, and i believe some of the same developers ( albiet disgruntled ones) broke from LL and developed inworldz....i could be wrong

wiked Anton wrote:and i believe some of the same developers ( albiet disgruntled ones) broke from LL and developed inworldz....i could be wrong

You're wrong - as you would be if you said the same about any of the other open sim derived grids (there are quite a few). They're derived from the viewer source LL released years ago, and legitimately reverse-engineered server code.

as other SL type worlds none of which created or maintained by LL go Inworldz is one of the better grids i've used naturally it's going to be laggy but when you first land you can walk around chat with people pick up some freebies and de-noobify yourself.
i haven't had much success with OS Grid which you might like to investigate i can only stay in one sim with out the viewer just vanishing luckily everything is free and there are free uploads so you can import your own SL builds and fashion creations in there and, Avination (if you don't want to put RL money to spend inworld you won't be a fan of this grid) i was not very impressed that freebies are banned on there when you naturally assume the stuff you see for sale when you first land are free if you can't put money in you'll have to stay looking nooby. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.