user group meeting this wednesday?

Couldbe Yue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Couldbe Yue wrote:

I was just off checking the user groups and saw there's supposedly a commerce oh on wed at 10am pacific

Is this a legacy from the meetings earlier this year or is it new?

It sure as heck better be an old forgotten meeting and not a way for the LL Commerce Team to sneak in a "public user group meeting" that they can later say "well we had a meeting to update all of you on what we are up to but sorry you were not interested or able to attend".

Considering how quietly and without any details Brooke announced the Sep 13th major changes, it would not surprise me in the least that this is Brooke's way of meeting an promise to Rodvik that she is trying to communicate better with us but hoping no one will notice.  Brooke has proven to not be the best communicator with her customer base.

If this is a LEGIT meeting then be should have been blog posted in this commerce thread.

Catwise Yoshikawa wrote:

Anyway, I thought there will be no more meetings but we would have post in forums to debate and talk about it, in the same way we did inworld. But guess I didn't undertand well ^^?

Yes Cat, I think the majority of us Merchants understood that when Brooke cancelled the inworld as well as any focused user group meetings with Merchants that she would arrange an acceptible alternative method of communicating openly with us.  I also understood it was going to happen by FORUM POSTINGS from Brooke.

I dont think we misunderstood, I think Brooke and the LL Commerce Team just went into their shell (has is a common practice in the history of all previous generations of LL Commerce) and provide the least amount of info to the Merchant Community as is possible (to avoid criticism and debate of about the risk of their activities).

Maybe the Merchants of SL could host their own scheduled meeting somewhere / somehow and LL might be encouraged to attend and speak.  Heck, they were willing to do it at SLCC.  And you would think after Brooke's Team's horrible Sep 13th change handling , her team or Sr. LL Management would be more willing now to admit they need to return to being more open with us and give us more information and far greater warning about the dreaded DD.

Seriously, I'd love to see the rest of you meet with Brooke and/or her team in my total absence, just so we can look later at a list of things that were easier to nail down without my input.

In fact, I don't think I can possibly overstate how eager I am for such a meeting to take place.

If there's ANY way I can help make it happen, please tell me.

It wouldn't make any difference if you were there or not Josh, like all OH the majority of people would have no idea how to behave in a meeting, there would be half a dozen prolific whiners who would waste everyones time, while they went on and on about some issue that was unique to them and of no interest to the group (failed deliveries from an overloaded Magic Box For Instance), another half dozen Conspiracy Theorists who would waste time with their outlandish theories and a number of 'merchants'  who you have never heard of before who think its ok to just hurl abuse.

You see in the greater scheme of things you just ain't that special

LOL so very true Ziggy.

Commerce Team Office Hours were a real crazy mish mash , carnivals of chaos and a bit of a freak show on the side. I loved them just for the shear anarchy and spectacle of it all. Some of the best entertainment  I've ever had in SL. I'd even be prepared to pay an entry price if Brooke so decided. I miss them.

However I was under the impression that the commerce team had decided to replace the OH's with secret little tête à tête involving a hand chosen elite few. Not sure if that ever happened either.

^L^

Ziggy21 Slade wrote:

It wouldn't make any difference if you were there or not Josh, like all OH the majority of people would have no idea how to behave in a meeting, there would be half a dozen prolific whiners who would waste everyones time, while they went on and on about some issue that was unique to them and of no interest to the group (failed deliveries from an overloaded Magic Box For Instance), another half dozen Conspiracy Theorists who would waste time with their outlandish theories and a number of 'merchants'  who you have never heard of before who think its ok to just hurl abuse.

You see in the greater scheme of things you just ain't that special

ROFL that's beautiful

Sassy Romano wrote:

Josh Susanto wrote:

Seriously, I'd love to see the rest of you meet with Brooke and/or her team in my total absence

Some of us do Josh.

ahhh yes...well that would explain the smug and disrespectful part when we continually ask questions about issues.

Not sure if it's wise to announce that and break some code of silence and taunt with it, though.  Might be cutting off hand that feeds you behind everyone else's backs.  hmmmm....

But what the hell....when you've got that extra assistance and coddling....wisdom not necessary!

I would have thought the same thing Mickey.  Not sure Sassy why you would want to publicly announce that you are supposedly having the private meetings with Brooke.

I would think in light of the major frustration and anger many of the non-priviledged Merchants have for the LL Commerce Team and how she refuses to communicate effectively, to admit you are one that she does listen to and take input on might not be a wise idea.

Most Merchants that openly defend LL communication strategy and their solutions like DD even with all the risks are those that many of us have already suspected were happy - only because Brooke talks nicely to thos of you under cover.  But to admit it publicly?? hmm

The Direct Delivery beta applications were open to everyone.  For those that chose to self exclude and then complain about no communication seems like a bit of an own goal.

The opportunity was there for all so no need to build conspiracy theory any more.  My involvement is direct delivery and a couple of JIRA's no need to get so hostile.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.