Troll Season is Upon Us!

Ima Rang

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ah, it is a cold and dreary day here in the Mid-Atlantic.  Soon the days will seem short again, and the frosty air will compel us to don our snuggies and spend countless hours with our laptops and PC's that our friends and enemies live in!  How exciting! 

I see a few of the Troll breeds have already selected their targets and are soaking them in a salty brine before they bring the flame.  Over achievers. 

I can't wait to see the creative use of vocabulary, that often sounds like something that needs a medicated cream, but is usually just an obscure reference to mean "you bring shame to all carbon based life forms."

My hopes are not as high for this season...moderation escalation, and of course, the loss of our most beloved Pedant Troll. 

I can't even imagine what subjects are left to Troll.  BDSM has been beat all to hell.  No pun.  Child avatars, well, that dead horse was kicked all the way to the glue factory...

I think we need a good old fashioned debate concerning the overwhelming sense of entitlement that is so often displayed by the voluntary users of the LL service...Grid and bear it!

What subjects are you looking forward to as we enter Trollgate 2011? 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Storm Clarence wrote:

Ima Rang wrote:

Ah, it is a cold and dreary day here in the Mid-Atlantic.  

It's a beautiful day in NYC.  

I think all days are beautiful.  I'm very fond of a cold, rainy day...especially on a weekend day as it is like permission to be a lazy slug and camp out on the forums. 

I am feeling that cold and dreary, too, Ima.  I just put on my down slippers!

There was a notice posted a day or so ago in the Phoenix/Firestorm Support Group debunking a rumor that started in the group that LL would begin deleting avatars that had not been inworld in the last 60 days.  That one made me chuckle.

Venus Petrov wrote:

I am feeling that cold and dreary, too, Ima.  I just put on my down slippers!

There was a notice posted a day or so ago in the Phoenix/Firestorm Support Group debunking a rumor that started in the group that LL would begin deleting avatars that had not been inworld in the last 60 days.  That one made me chuckle.

Thank goodness that was just a rumor.  I can't handle the pressure of being present for a mandatory SL roll call...or role call :smileyvery-happy:

Jacki Silverfall wrote:

I'll be looking forward to Meshgate 2011 as it is new and a fresh topic to troll! :smileymad:

/me pulls the snuggie up close and smells wood burning in the air along with hints of hot chocolate. ummmm can't wait for the big words. :smileytongue:

Oh well then let me not disappoint!  Here is a big word to get you primed: Logorrhoea.  Very applicable and most definitely sounds as though an ointment, if not a penicillin shot is in order.

Ima Rang wrote:

Ah, it is a cold and dreary day here in the Mid-Atlantic.  Soon the days will seem short again, and the frosty air will compel us to don our snuggies and spend countless hours with our laptops and PC's that our friends and enemies live in!  How exciting! 

I see a few of the Troll breeds have already selected their targets and are soaking them in a salty brine before they bring the flame.  Over achievers. 

I can't wait to see the creative use of vocabulary, that often sounds like something that needs a medicated cream, but is usually just an obscure reference to mean "you bring shame to all carbon based life forms."

My hopes are not as high for this season...moderation escalation, and of course, the loss of our most beloved Pedant Troll. 

I can't even imagine what subjects are left to Troll.  BDSM has been beat all to hell.  No pun.  Child avatars, well, that dead horse was kicked all the way to the glue factory...

I think we need a good old fashioned debate concerning the overwhelming sense of entitlement that is so often displayed by the voluntary users of the LL service...Grid and bear it!

What subjects are you looking forward to as we enter Trollgate 2011? 

straight adult people doing normal things that your grandmother would be ok with.

Jacki Silverfall wrote:

Now your just showing off. I don't find it applicable at all. Laying off the rum and diet coke might help though. This happens to my sisters everytime she drinks.

OMG! I thought you knew me better than that!  I would never, even under extreme duress, mix rum with a foul substance like diet coke!   I'm up for a good troll, by have you no shame woman???:smileyvery-happy:

I'd vote for the ResGate...

.. The rumor that Linden Lab is going to half the cost of region fees to make it more affordable, thereby, increasing revenue in the wake of Facebook residents flooding the doors of SL.

/me steps to the side to give room for the stampede.

:matte-motes-evil-invert:

Ima Rang wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Ima Rang wrote:

I'm up for a good roll, by have you no shame woman?

FIFY.  I have no shame either.  

You are fantasizing about me again, aren't you
?  I had nothing on under that barrel...you derendered it didn't you? 

You are a tough woman to shake.  I figure if you can't beat 'em, roll 'em.  That's how I roll, anyway.  

TriJin Bade wrote:

I'd vote for the ResGate...

.. The rumor that Linden Lab is going to half the cost of region fees to make it more affordable, thereby, increasing revenue in the wake of Facebook residents flooding the doors of SL.

/me steps to the side to give room for the stampede.

:matte-motes-evil-invert:

Wow, that would be good news but moreover, why haven't they already?  Since SL opened hosting cost and bandwidth prices have compressed significantly.  They buy their bandwidth through L(3) who was charging about 10 per Mbps when they started and now charge $2 for the same level of commitment.  Hardware cost have also compressed significantly yet we still pay the same.  In the end, this is not a game but a Hosted Game Platform. aka SaaS or ASP.  Overall the market has seen a decrease in cost by over 75%.

This is borderline off topic and I apologize as I don't want to rail this thread but it would be a good post if you had more information on your rumor to post.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.