What do you love about autumn?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Knutz Scorpio wrote:

Halloween is great fun with a speaker hidden on the front porch and loud scary sound effects ready to play just as the kids are reaching for the door bell. Sometimes even get a bonus as a kid drops their bag while running away. ;^}

Lol, Knutz...this actually made me chuckle.  Poor tykes :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Storm Clarence wrote:

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

I love the autumn in the north eastern U.S. because of the beautiful weather it provides for my golf game.   

Storm, what's your handicap? :matte-motes-silly:

I am a scratch golfer; I am a lock at the LWL Open in three weeks.  Wish me luck!

Storm according to Twitter that happened back in May: LWL Golf Classic. :o

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

I love the autumn in the north eastern U.S. because of the beautiful weather it provides for my golf game.   

I am a scratch golfer; I am a lock at the LWL Open in three weeks.  Wish me luck!

Storm according to Twitter that happened back in May:

:o

:matte-motes-bored:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

No really it is true. ;)

I know how you collect golf balls so I saved you one. :)

PinkBall.jpg

I won that tournament!  New 'drug policies' stated I had to pee in a cup: I failed as I did, and do "inhale", and I am a troll.  They took my trophy away.  

ETA: I am not in the habit of using a pink ball although I am aware some made for female balls provide the "feel" necessary to bettering ones game e.g., softer.  This week I will have balls made with the LWL logo above.  I will demand from my friends $1000 per ball.  I will donate the proceeds to breast cancer awareness.   Thank you for the inspiration.  

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

No really it is true.
;)

I know how you collect golf balls so I saved you one.
:)

PinkBall.jpg

omg, Keli, you are a riot!!!

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

No really it is true.
;)

I know how you collect golf balls so I saved you one.
:)

omg, Keli, you are a riot!!!

Nooooooo!  She is such a troll! 

Autumn is definitely my favorite time of year. I love the cooler, dryer days and even cooler nights. I love the colors of the leaves. I like all the holidays (days off) too. :matte-motes-evil-grin:

I do decorate for autumn in SL, but it's too soon for this year. Here are a couple shots from last year.

Gentoo-fall 2010 2.jpg

Gentoo-fall 2010.jpg

Parhelion Palou wrote:

Autumn is definitely my favorite time of year. I love the cooler, dryer days and even cooler nights. I love the colors of the leaves. I like all the holidays (days off) too. :matte-motes-evil-grin:

I do decorate for autumn in SL, but it's too soon for this year. Here are a couple shots from last year.

Gentoo-fall 2010 2.jpg

Gentoo-fall 2010.jpg

Absolutely breathtaking...wonderful job!

1. It's no longer awfully hot (I consider everything beyond 28° C / 82 F awfully hot) and I can work out for hours without breaking a sweat.

2. It's not awfully cold yet either (which would be anything below 5 C / 40 F). 

2. I no longer have a bad conscience if I spend all day inside and pop vitamin D pills to make up for the lack of sunlight. The weather is crap anyway most of the time. Not that this summer was all that great, mind you. 

3. The crappy weather gives me a welcome excuse to procrastinate things like shopping, and I make do with my little food supplies until I run out. If all you have around the house is crisp bread, pickled cucumbers, deep-frozen chicken hearts and camomile tea, you never feel tempted to overeat.

4. Insects are desperate to find a warmer place. If I open the terrace door for 5 minutes in the evening, the cats will be busy all night long hunting moths and crane flies. (Yeah, I'm hard pressed to find anything positive about this time of the year, or any other time of the year for that matter, except for late spring perhaps, but as you can see I'm really trying to appreciate the little things).

@ Ishtara, Yogurt is a good source of vitamin D. 

To the OP:  I love pumpkins, homemade pumpkin bread with icing, cooler days and nights, looking forward to the holidays, the changing of the leaves, and the chill in the air that makes me want to snuggle or buy a very soft sweater coat that is very silky to the touch. 

I love fall, but it's hard to even remember what the fall is like when it's 107.  I remember there is some other feeling besides "oven blast" but can't recall what it was like.

Looking forward to the cold snap we will get on Thurs when it will only be 98. Wheeeee!

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

If all you have around the house is crisp bread, pickled cucumbers, deep-frozen chicken hearts and camomile tea, you never feel tempted to overeat.

Ishy, lol, agree...this could be the next fad diet :matte-motes-silly:

Mayalily wrote:I love pumpkins, homemade pumpkin bread with icing, cooler days and nights, looking forward to the holidays, the changing of the leaves, and the chill in the air that makes me want to snuggle or buy a very soft sweater coat that is very silky to the touch. 

Yea, the local orchard I mentioned earlier, also has donuts with pumpkin frosting...delish!!

I'm totally with you on the sweater & cuddling :matte-motes-wink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.