why is "true linden support" hidden behind a maze of one track Q&As?

Beta Yuya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i recall when it was the easiest thing ever to contact a Linden, is there any way to directly contact them, quickly and effectively reguarging Grid and viewer security issues and concerns

(note that third party viewers are NOT having their code turned over by LindenLab and examinded before allowing them to connect to SecondLife, and any site can host a fake/melisious viewer, frauding viewer, from the way it looks that only the viewer AND it's make and model can connect, anything that can be created can connect)?

i can't believe i have to even stop mesh development to ask this question, but these Q&A spots are multi site, and one leads to this to that leading back to here...

i think i will stop here and ask the question to a Linden, the other alternative will be, in world, don't ever talk about or mention bot or so much as insult me ONE time, i will request LL to check wether or not you have illegal content in your inventory, is this how they want us to be? is this the only way to figure it out just to report everyone or everything? no Linden anywhere?

been busy bees in RL for 3 years, basicly seeing if SL is even worth venturing in, and only a short time this looks like a zoo, and a maze of Q&A, why do people play this anymore?

5 answers to this question

No Lindens anywhere? None answering questions about the grid, or security issues?

Yes, getting support can seem like a maze. It is inconsistent.

Certain issues can be discussed at the various User Groups. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:User_Groups

If an issue is urgent, of course there is Live Chat.

Some of the Lindens in the above User Groups have even been known to respond directly to IMs. Not if they're flamed at like they are some kind of enemy though.

You ask "... why do people play this any more?" I can only really speak for myself and why I still am involved with Second Life. It suits me fine. I'm not greatly ambitious, it does what I want it to, and I ultimately have the choice whether I stay or go and what I get involved with.

I can only guess as to why other people come and go.  Some people hate change, and lately there seem to have been more changes happening all at once; mesh, new viewers, crappy forum software, mid-season blues.  For some the ability to use mesh has reignited their old passion for Second Life.

This is a tough Question with an easy answer 

this is a world yes created with an idea by who philp linden who is the soul creator of second life but as his invsion was seen apon he left the gates and the doors open free for this worlds creators to venture into and create and build and grow so has the years has past this world was created by none other then our self the soul love and pasion of so many people as in life as any life or world there well allways be crime problems even good with this world we see the same we look up to our lindens as our gods like the gods in our own world when we prey when well our answer me hurd when well they be answerd the answers may never be there but as long as we can stick togeather and understand that this is our world away from the real world we well allways keep coming home ........

Its not very clear what your actual question is.

If it is, where are the Lindens?, then as Marigold said, there are inworld user groups that hold meetings where you can speak to them, in a similar way to the old office hours.

If it is, can anyone set up a TPV?, then the answer is yes if it complies with the LL TPV policy. If it does it can get onto the approved TPV list & any that are not on the list get blocked from accessing SL.

Well personally I still love SL and as it always has been, SL is a place where you make the life of your choosing.  My SL is not a zoo at all unless Neko/Furry friends count

Re support. Support is readily available for Premium account via Live Chat.  If you are a free account these forums are pretty terrific for getting quick help; even though entirely resident supported I think there is more inworld experience here than you would find at the LL help desks. You can also file trouble tickets abuse reports etc. 

I do miss the Lindens presence inworld but the old Linden team were all SL residents and our world was much smaller.  I do not think most of the new LL team would be much help inworld.  However, there are a few still around who do actively participate though mostly with alts.

Really wasn't sure what your question was...you mentioned mesh and there is a mesh forum where I am sure you could get assistance from other builders.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.