Fanciful Idea

Ian Mollari

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wanted to share something I have heard, its very simple I have been told  ... run multi avis and own multi clubs ...  I wonder if this is really going on in SL?

With several computers running multiple alts for dancers and DJ's
A copy program to steal clothes and aos and skins
Multiple cheap streams or open a stream store
Rez some clubs, put yer own alts in as staff
Use dancer huds or scripting to automate responses - listen script
Get a job with an alt at someone elses club too and then hire your own alts as dancers and collect money there.
Put a real dj on or steal a 2 hour mix off youtube and rez an alt while you have a 2 hour nap
When things are quiet create clothing and open some stores

It sounds like more trouble than its worth to do all that. Better to have the fanciful idea of creating something worth selling or displaying so that real customers will come and the business will flourish for genuine reasons.

Although I can think of two places off the top of my head on the mainland where there is a similar setup.

ohhh I wasnt going to do it ... noooo lol    If i was goign to try it I wouldnt stick it out for all to see against my name lol

I was just curious as to hearing others opinions or stories. I know there are alts out there in clubs, I am sure this does happen to a small degree where as DJ's run multi avatars, but the idea of one person running multiple clubs and DJ and dancers all at the same time?  Yeh thats the fanciful part

He he, I thought the same as Marigold. This is too much job for a small payment. What can a dancer take in these days? If it should be more than a few hundred §L, you would need to groom your customers, flirt and tease. A scripted autoresponse does not fool people who are a bit experienced. Guys who visit many clubs would see the pattern and recognize that it's a scripted bot running.

You would need to sit and type all the time, and deal with all sort of drama. I would rather work 4 hours in RL, and I bet that would give more money than 24 hours in SL.

I don't think that idea will work.

1. Copybotting to steal clothes, AOs (don't think this is possible) and skins will get you banned from SL. Clubs are designed to bring people to your club. These people will see the copybotted items worn by the alts and you will lose everything.

2. Running multiple avatars is doable using bot-clients which remove all the graphics. I think the bot-clients even offer automated conversations. If you try to run a club full of bots, people will notice and they won't like it. Who socializes with bots?

3. A DJ bot that just dances by the turntable while the music streams will find his bot tip jar empty at the end of the set.

4. Creating multiple clubs will cost you a lot of money up front. Money you will never make back with multiple clubs full of bots.

5. Creating clothing and opening stores is what you should start with instead of running around making bot clubs.

It wouldn't suprise me at all to see something like this going on.  Copybotters will do just about anything to get copies of the latest fashions to rip and sell as their own.

However I see it more likely that they may try to start up a legit club and run their copybot system hidden there.  If they are avi based then they would simply put them behind the walls or under the floors so they wouldn't be seen.  An active club of real people would draw in more of the money spending folks (who will have the latest fashions) and keep them there.  Because those who do spend their lindens inworld (like myself) expect to be entertained when they go someplace and tip.  Bots just aren't that entertaining... except when they are malfunctioning.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.