I am officially declaring the summer slump to be over

Chelsea Malibu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have discussed this in detail with many of my creator friends and we have decided to declare an end to the summer slump.  School is back, the weather is about to change and with meshes on the grid, its time to go shopping or get a new home.

Some have already done this on their own and now it's time for the rest of you to shop. Get life back to normal so the terrorist don't win.  :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

I have discussed this in detail with many of my creator friends and we have decided to declare an end to the summer slump.  School is back, the weather is about to change and with meshes on the grid, its time to go shopping or get a new home.

Some have already done this on their own and now it's time for the rest of you to shop. Get life back to normal so the terrorist don't win.  :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

I sure hope you are right !!

Since the first week of August when LL screwed up the SLM, my weekly sales have not recovered.  The past 4 weeks my sales have steadily slowed from 50% down to now about 75% below my normal weekly sales.  And as I have said before, over the past 1.5 years my weekly sales have been VERY steady - only changing about 10% at the most between weeks but usually less than 5%.

I have talked to a lot of my merchant friends as well as inworld art gallery owners and the news is very consistent.... AUGUST HAS BEEN THE SLUMP FROM HELL !   And it almost literally started on the first day of August.   Example, my new art gallery opened its doors on July 17th.  In the remaining days to July 31 I had a total of over 500 visitor!  Since August 1st to today, I have counted 180. 

I have also heard a couple big sims closing as well inworld.

I sure hope this is only because of the summer slump that for some reason started in August instead of July.  But I am fearful that its moreso because of all the changes to Search, the grid server changes, and the DD changes in SLM that we are not aware of.  We do know LL is making changes to SLM because of the outages in the first week of August.

Crossing fingers that when the kids go back to school next week / 2 weeks that SL residents will start getting back to building.

Mesh? oddly, I find not much mesh at the marketplace. I go to a track mall...nothing! No new wizbang amazing cars o rbikes...nithing but sculpties and some prim heavy older builders classics! 

Mesh is a little bit slow, but I remember sculpties...they took over the car market! Not to say prim builds don't still exist, and still sell. I hear of mainland..but many do not drive mainland. But, prim or no prim...well, cars that are over 200 prims still sold recently lol. I don't sell them, so I am not sure really, but I have seen some guys still make them and drive them and they seemed to have at least a few customers. PRims? Who cares! tracks have no llimits and are usually lightly primmed to keep the sim workign quick for all! So, since thre are amny who use tracks...well, mesh is almost a no big deal so far and prim cars still are seen now and then, even if with HUGE prim counts lol. Now, 90% of cars sit in drive ways in Sl though lol. So, this is where yoiu see the scritp penalty, prim limit reduction and "looks great but I can't make it go" starts to count for far less, mesh amesk amazing driveway showpeices I bet!

But so far....meh, doesn't seem to be a big deal lol. I assume in a few weeks that will change as people have waited for bugs and so on. TPV are a big deal as well. Although, I have heard kirstens is working...so who knows, the mesh will continue to replace bits over the next year or so I guess. No rush, this is SL...not big deal?! right?!

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

I have talked to a lot of my merchant friends as well as inworld art gallery owners and the news is very consistent.... AUGUST HAS BEEN THE SLUMP FROM HELL !   And it almost literally started on the first day of August.  

Ditto here.  This has been a tough one which is why I am declaring it over.  In much the same way that our Federal Reserve chair declared the recession over. [Which we all know was a farce] however, I am feeling positive about this fall but you have to keep your wits about you and at times, just realize, it's only a game. :P

BOrks? Yes, this is why I always want to keep all my stuff in simple boxes with buy enabled and no scripted "pay.." scripts!

BUT, for many manymonths, if you log in and you see '20L' you had issues and could not buy. This was previous to this August, but it is back but not will set it right...after you hit cancel and then decide to log out or move onto complaining to a freind in Im or whatever. They reset it so next time you go to buy it will work, but for so many months you might as well log out or ignore buying things. So, if you end up with this odd bork again, you carry on and don't bother. Sad really. There is so much streaming to make this all work.

The irony is that by the time networks have available bandwidth at the speeds to make it all work fast and server side rendering has advanced or all computers are coming with good GPU chips.....well, this will be like 2020 and by then there will be a whole internet full of v worlds and 3d usage on web pages....strange stuff lol. SL will be totally different on some levels, might be basically a browser based plug-in that partially usees webgl to render ect. funny stuff! The internet swallows SL, not the other way around like some predicted. But 3D is the future they say, but so where virtual reality masks and video phones. Now, people text each other rather than video chat..x text wins still to this day..can't beat it! Small, light and fast and has survived, symbols are still used heavily....even icons and such are more or less like runes and letters!

Pamela Galli wrote:

While we're at it, let's declare an end to the worldwide recession.  Otherwise it could get worse.

Ready?  All together now repeat after me:

The Recession is Over Now!

:smileyvery-happy:

Mission Accomplished :matte-motes-big-grin:

Poenald Palen wrote:

Mesh? oddly, I find not much mesh at the marketplace. I go to a track mall...nothing! No new wizbang amazing cars o rbikes...nithing but sculpties and some prim heavy older builders classics! 

I guess, Mesh will come out on it own only if Firestorm/Phoenix can display mesh.. Right now, les than 1/4 of al people can even see it :)

Edit: The Recession is now over, the recession is now over. :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.