Compulsive Second Life Buying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

lol Peewee :smileyvery-happy:

Looks that way doesn't it but no, I'm normal size and  it is really a massive couch. You'll find it the Steampunk and Victorian store Grim Bros and only 222L I think. That was one of my very few compulsive buys! Probably takes about 8/9 people as each cushion has a pose but a few poses are a bit weak. Overall though, it's fun and great value. One bouncing anim on that massive couch sends me through the roof of my home.

Anyway, great store full of all sorts of interesting things and I've sent a pic of the Full Metal WarBunny avatar that's available there to Jonny. He'd look good with it!

I'm around 10,500 items Venus but then a lot of old stuff is boxed so not sure the actual unboxed number. I think we all look back over our inventories and wonder what the hell made us buy that outfit at the time. But then I think, well it's part of my past, that was me back then and maybe I'll hang onto it a bit longer! If some are real disasters, I have little desire to retain them and they go to Trash. :)

I didn't read the whole thread, but for the most part "No".  I keep things in my favorites and wait, because after a week or so, they might not be my favorites anymore.  I might still like the designer and look at their new items, but I hardly ever buy anything with an impluse because I'm a Marketplace shopper and there are so many similar items to compare price wise, so it takes me a while to decide. 

I'm a compulsive sale/hunt/freebie shopper- because as someone else mentioned, it's so awesome to get something great for free and you can just toss it if it sucks- but likewise my own pickiness about quality(and limited Ls since I work too much irl to DJ as much as I used to)has made my normal shopping slow down alot.  I had to MAKE myself splurge on this amazing pair of P10 shoes a couple of days ago; wish I was on my home comp so I could post, they're awesome.

It really depends.

If I see things I know I "need" and want and like, then I go ahead and get it. It is a time saver. I do not have to dig through my incredibly overstuffed landmark folder (I cull outdated ones when I find them), later, to go back again. 

But if it's something expensive, I take a landmark, chew my lip and wait. Right now I am lusting after a 'bathhouse' at the store POST, it's gorgeous and perfect for my beach. But I'm tapped out thanks to these hungry hungry meeroos.

But I did get a few furniture pieces for my changing rooms...they're in need of sprucing up for a while now. It's always a matter of finding affordable things vs. gorgeous things when I need them. It's usually one or the other not both. The furniture was fairly priced and mod/copy though, so I just had to. 

But, I didn't get everything I wanted, so, I do'nt think I'm completely compulsive either.

Depends how you'd define "need" since I have furniture, trees, clothes, shoes, so technically I never need to shop again...but things in SL do get outdated and out of fashion and who wants to walk around like that. But I tend to wear things longer than I should and spend my money on landscaping and furniture if I have L$.

And Meeroos.  :/  (I even dreamt about the suckers last night.)

I think thinking about things is totally overrated. Do you think if I had thought about it  two or three times I would have gotten this hat? I doubt it, and where would I be then? I would be without a hat! What would I do to cover my hair on a windy day if I did not have this hat? I love this hat, this hat is awesome! 

Hat_001.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.