Who here is really into music, dare I say quality music ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Berlin Mesmeriser wrote:

Argus Collingwood wrote:

OMG my eyes can not take your website.
o.O
Indie guy.. meh;-)

Red and black ?  You prefer the white and green of this forum, eh ?    The station is only about 8% indie.  I suspect indie to me doesn't mean the same thing as it means to you.

Eyes are very sensitive with regard to what they will tolerate on a website. If you check your average time on site stats, you might find a 5 second per viewer stay. Just sayin;-) As to Indie music, the ones I could read that you have listed in my brief stay are not ones I listen to. Melodicrock.com has a fair sampling of what indie folks are out there and is much easier to read, perhaps you should visit that site to see the type of Indie I am used to.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alazarin Mondrian wrote:

Berlin Mesmeriser wrote:

I mean, if the Beatles aren't in your top 10 alltime bands and/or you think Lady GaGa is brilliant, don't bother reading this post....

Actually they're both derivative rubbish who aren't even fit to lick the shoes of the late, great St Vivian Stanshall and the Bonzo Dog Band. So there ;-)

Actually, I believe they were the Bonzo Dog Doo-dah Band. I own one song only of theirs, "Intro Outro" but I play it a lot. My DJ friend plays their stuff every now and then but I think she has every  rock and roll/rockabilly/blues tune ever recorded.

Argus Collingwood wrote:

Berlin Mesmeriser wrote:

Argus Collingwood wrote:

o.O
Indie guy.. meh;-)

Red and black ?  You prefer the white and green of this forum, eh ?    The station is only about 8% indie.  I suspect indie to me doesn't mean the same thing as it means to you.

Eyes are very sensitive with regard to what they will tolerate on a website. If you check your average time on site stats, you might find a 5 second per viewer stay. Just sayin;-) As to Indie music, the ones I could read that you have listed in my brief stay are not ones I listen to. Melodicrock.com has a fair sampling of what indie folks are out there and is much easier to read, perhaps you should visit that site to see the type of Indie I am used to.

Many sites are red and black, like the White Stripes, for instance. 

I'm guessing you never heard of most of those indies.   If you say you have, you're probably lying.   So saying you don't listen to them means you don't bother to try new stuff.    I looked at that site and no, not the same definition of indie since it's mostly linking to acts like Kiss and Judas Priest and Skid Row.  haha   Not the same definition of melody, either.  :D

Berlin Mesmeriser wrote:

Argus Collingwood wrote:

Berlin Mesmeriser wrote:

Argus Collingwood wrote:

o.O
Indie guy.. meh;-)

Many sites are red and black, like the White Stripes, for instance. 

I'm guessing you never heard of most of those indies.   If you say you have, you're probably lying.   So saying you don't listen to them means you don't bother to try new stuff.    I looked at that site and no, not the same definition of indie since it's mostly linking to acts like Kiss and Judas Priest and Skid Row.  haha   Not the same definition of melody, either. 
:D

Well, you are saying here that you are song driven, not band driven. Let's see some YouTube examples. I never said I knew indies or who they are. I like a good song as well as the next person regardless of who did it.  Indie used to mean artists not attached to huge labels i.e. Independent  GaGa could be considered both new and Indie. What is your defintion?

Wiki Cite below

Indie rock is a sub-genre of alternative rock that originated in the United Kingdom and the United States in the 1980s. Indie rock is extremely diverse, with sub-genres that include lo-fipost-rockmath rockindie popdream popnoise rockspace rocksadcoreriot grrrl and emo, among others. Originally used to describe record labels, the term became associated with the music they produced and was initially used interchangeably with alternative rock. As grunge and punk revival bands in the US, and then Britpop bands in the UK, broke into the mainstream in the 1990s, it came to be used to identify those acts that retained an outsider and underground perspective. In the 2000s, as a result of changes in the music industry and the growing importance of the Internet, a number of indie rock acts began to enjoy commercial success, leading to questions about its meaningfulness as a term.

Well, you are saying here that you are song driven, not band driven. Let's see some YouTube examples. I never said I knew indies or who they are. I like a good song as well as the next person regardless of who did it.  Indie used to mean artists not attached to huge labels i.e. Independent  GaGa could be considered both new and Indie. What is your defintion?

Wiki Cite below

Indie rock
 is a sub-genre of 
 that originated in the United Kingdom and the United States in the 1980s. Indie rock is extremely diverse, with sub-genres that include 
 and 
, among others. Originally used to describe record labels, the term became associated with the music they produced and was initially used interchangeably with alternative rock. As 
 and punk revival bands in the US, and then 
 bands in the UK, broke into the mainstream in the 1990s, it came to be used to identify those acts that retained an outsider and underground perspective. In the 2000s, as a result of changes in the music industry and the growing importance of the Internet, a number of indie rock acts began to enjoy commercial success, leading to questions about its meaningfulness as a term.

well indie music is unsigned acts, and it doesn't have to be alternative.   If you want to know what they sound like, go listen.  :)   But it seems the page you linked me to was mostly not indie.  My station is only 8-10% indie anyway.

True, and in the Imagine movie John is playing Imagine on this giant white grand piano.  However, a lot of John's solo work is excellent.  Paul and Wings *cringe*.  Sappy love songs, barf.   Oh, and I can't stand "Yesterday" either.  There are a lot of Paul's songs I'd just turn off.  Yesterday is worse than Imagine by far. 

I agree.  Yesterday is so overplayed and overrated, I've hated it for years.  Likewise Silly Love Songs is sickening.  However there's a lot of stuff in McCartney's solo catalog that resembles the Beatles at their best.  He had a rock record Back to the Egg that was quite good.  Uncle Albert, Let Me Roll It, Junior's Farm, Live and Let Die would probably fit on any Beatles record from Rubber Soul on. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.